Focus.

Focus.

Distracting John for the hell of it was too fun. From reading a book to working on a new song, I’d find my ways of steering him away from what he was doing just to bug him.
I find him sitting in the music room, tuning his acoustic guitar. He smiles when I jump in next to him. “What are you up to?”
"Nothing," he chuckles. "The guys are comin’ over in a bit to work on a new song."
There’s a knock at the door and he stands. “That’s them now.” He runs a hand through his hair. Judging by the fact that it was damp and he was shirtless, I assumed he’d gotten out of the shower not that long ago.
John goes to let the guys in and I change into one of his shirts, since they were warm and comfortable and always smelled like him. I shrug out of my jeans and reach for my shorts, then think twice of it, smirking to myself. Might as well make myself at home, right?
I make my way downstairs and watch as the guys all go bulge-eyed. John turns around and nearly chokes on his own saliva. He shoots me a look and I raise an eyebrow. “What?”
He groans. “Are you seriously-“
"The guys have seen me in a bikini before," I cut in. "This is no different. Right?"
The four others nod in agreement and I smile.
"That doesn’t mean you have to walk around here half naked," he mutters. His eye narrow. I was up to something and he knew it.
I pout. “Well, if you don’t want me here just say so. I’ll go watch a movie while you guys play.”
John loops an arm around my waist and quickly pecks my cheek, sighing in defeat. “Just don’t do anything to make me lose focus, please?”
A smile teases my lips. “Deal.”
~
While the band discussed possible song ideas, I sat across John’s lap, listening attentively and keeping quiet. I wasn’t trying to being distracting towards John, but I think he was anyway. Once they started throwing around beats and lyrics, they got down to business and started dabbling with instruments. John sent me away while they messed around with their sound for a while. But I could tell he just wanted me out of sight before he was tempted to end practice short. Not that I minded; it gave me a chance to grab a snack.
I find a perfect apple stored in a bag in the fridge and fish it out. Biting into it with a soft crunch, I moan in appreciation. Man, that was juicy.
Making my way back into the room, I lean against the door frame as I watch John switching up some chords. He looks up and bites his lip. I smirk, taking another bite out of my apple. It was so easy to steal his attention.
Garrett says something to him but he has to snap his fingers. John jumps and gives me one last glance before going back to his strumming.
I throw away the core of the apple once I’m finished and plop down on the couch, still not speaking a word. Jared announces for them to take five and John sits on the arm rest next to me, narrowing his eyes. “I know what you’re doing.”
I scoff. “What? It’s not my fault you can’t resist to look at me. Self-control, Johnny.”
He chuckles, a lopsided smile on his face. “Tease.”
I stick my tongue out just as Pat and Kennedy start talking to John. They start talking about the studio they’ve been working on and what’s left to finish. I sigh and nuzzle my face into his shoulder. He raises his arm, this time gladly welcoming my distraction. I circle my arms around his waist, absentmindedly caressing the bare skin. All this time and he still hadn’t put on a shirt. My hands run along his stomach and I feel my fingertips graze his happy trail. I hear his voice hitch as he instantly grabs my hand and moves it away, continuing to talk as if nothing had happened. I raise an eyebrow, not having expected such a strong reaction. Why?
The guys resume their practice and I sigh, announcing I was going to bed. I really should let John focus. It’s not fair to the rest of them that I keep distracting the poor man.
However, it’s not twenty minutes later that John makes his way into the room. I sit up in bed, confused. “The guys left already?”
"I asked them if we could end practice a bit early," he mutters, kicking off his shoes. His eyes were glued to my body, still snug in his button up shirt. He licks his lips and I giggle. "Oh?"
I watch as a smirk grows on his face. He climbs into bed, leaning over me. Remembering from before, I run my hands down his chest and navel and feeling the light hairs on his lower stomach. I feel him shiver from my touch and bite my lip. “How come you moved my hand away earlier?”
"Because you have no idea what that does to me," he breathes, gently grabbing my wrist and guiding it away from his stomach. He takes the other and holds both over my head. He smirks. "It makes me want to do plenty to you."
My skin prickles from his words, anticipation beginning to pulse through my veins.
I moan softly as his lips brush against my neck. He chuckles and merely says, “Time for me to distract you.”