The Sound of Waves

Ch.4

Few days after Frank saw an actual Siren,he completly freaked out and started digging through hundreds of old books,and reading thousands of essays on google.

He simply had to find out everything about Sirens,although he alredy knew a lot.

To him,Sirens were something like superheros to other boys.Ofcourse,he loved superheros too.Spiderman and Batman and Ironman were awsome,but they were always the same,and they always did the same thing over and over again,and that was boring.

Sirens were a complete mistery.They were a mythical,beautiful creatures that had their own civilization in the ocean and that was so fascinating and brilliand and it almost took Frank's breath away.

There were times when Frank spent over ten hours in the local library,reading books that no one ever did.He basicaly lived there,and the only friend he had worked there.

Gerard.

He was a twenty three year-old college student and he worked in the library after his classes.They became great friends,and Gerard even came out openly gay to Frank,and he was okay with that.Gerard was a cool guy,bullied during highschool.Just like Frank.Maybe that why they were such a good friends.

Frank flipped page,after page,desperatly looking for something he alredy didn't know about Sirens.But,he was acctualy interested in finding out how did the Siren he found at the beach transformed her long tail into two human legs.

How was that even possible?

Ofcourse,he knew that Arielle from The Little Mermaid got two legs when she gave her voice to Cruela,but that was just a cartoon.

The next day,Frank decided to go for a walk again.Maybe if he was lucky enough,he's going to see that siren again and hopefuly ask her a couple of questions..but Frank never had any luck.

Around 7 p.m. he slammed the door of his Grandpa's house and headed to the beach.He was thinking about Gerard lately.What was he doing now?Did he finish his collega yet?Why heaven't he called?

Frank missed his only friend.He really did.

Few minutes later,he was walking barefoot on the soft sand,his iPod playing a depressing song from PTV.He was deep in thought thinking about the world that exists in the ocean and secretly hoping he's going to see his little mermaid again.

When Frank really thought about it,the Siren he saw at the beach really looked like Arielle,but hundred times more beautiful.

They both had bright red long hair that reached almost to their toes and round face features,but the Siren he saw looked more mature.

Arielle was basicaly a child.

A spot on the furthest part of the beach seemed very quiet and peaceful,so Frank sat on the the sand and dipped his feet into the cold Adriatic sea.

The sun has started to set down behind the waves,and the mixture of the blue colour of the sea and the orange colour of the sun made the horizon look like it's burning.

One time,Gerard has told him a story about sunsets.He said that if sun,while it's setting down,looks like it's setting in the sea,you can hear a beautiful melody comming from the waves.

A memory from two years ago ecupated his brain.He and Gerard were sitting between two book shelfs,reading a book,when Gerard started talking about interesting facts he knew about mermaids.

'Y'know,a while ago I read a story about mermaids and I was completly confused because y'know when mermaids sing,they're not acctualy singin',they're cryin'.They are a completly pefect creatures,and everything they do is perfect.So when they cry,they make a beautiful melody that leads sailors into tragic death.'

Was she really crying when he saw her?