Status: Finished! ( only took a forever of procrastination, as well!)

A Promise That Should've Never Been Broken

Tragedy

Things were good, great even, for a while. But then, it seemed Jake had forgotten his promise. He began to leave the house early in the morning before you were awake, and returning late, after you had cried yourself to sleep on the couch. he never answered you anymore on Persterchum. You left his house and returned to your own, cursing yourself for believing- even for a second- that someone actually cared. You started cutting yourself as soon as you arrived, almost wanting Jake to come back and intervene again. He never did.

Each day, the blade dug a bit deeper until you broke up with him. You don't know how you did it, but it felt the way you imagine death would. That night, the blade dug a lot deeper. And the blood- the blood wouldn't stop flowing! The wound gushed endlessly, and after a while you begun to fear the worst.

But, you were god tier. You couldn't die- this wasn't close to heroic. Then you decided you didn't care if you died. At least then the pain would be gone, right?

Soon you passed out from the blood loss. It was only a matter of time after that.

----------------Your name is Jake English, and tears streaming down your face, you're going to visit your ex-boyfriend's house.

You won't be surprised if he tells you to leave. Or if he screams at you as loud as he can. You deserve worse. You just want him to know how sorry you are, for everything.

Finally reaching his house, the first thing you noticed are the lights, every last one of them are on. You knock, then come in, in case something's wrong.

"Dirk!" You call at first, but then you noticed the droplets of maroon liquid seeping into the white carpet. You felt a pang deep in your gut that almost made you puke. No! You can't believe you'd forgotten! No wonder he broke up with you. You promised him! You swore! "DIRK!" You screamed into the brightly lit apartment, and followed the trail of blood and stench of rusted iron.

You throw open every door until you come across him- finally!- bleeding on the cold tiles and rug of the bathroom, the light off. You race over to check his pulse, as he was out cold. It was sporadic, to say the least and his breath was terrifyingly shallow. 'I'll never leave you alone again,' you said. This is what happens when you break your promises!

You take him in your arms and start to carry him to his room, when he stirred.

"Jake?" He croaked.

"Dirk, by Jove, I'm so sorry, you have no idea how sorry I am-"

Dirk coughed, splattering blood into his hands. "Jake, what the hell are you doing here?"

You falter. You know you deserve this- you deserve so much worse- but you don't know what to say. "Erm, I came to apologize. Golly, I'm so terribly sorry for this." You lay him gently on his bed. "Where do you stash your bandages?" You ask, eyeing the blood that refused to stop flowing.

"Don't worry about it. A bandaged really won't do much at this point." You gape at him. Does he know watching him die is the worst punishment he could give? "But you don't actually care, do you?"

"Dirk! Of course I do!"

"Oh? Do you? Because I certainly haven't seen That for a long time."

"I know, and I'm so bloody sorry about that, but right now, I'm not about to let you bleed out! Now where are your bandages! Or I swear I'll start ripping up my shirt!"

Dirk said nothing, but looked up at you, as if wondering if you were being serious. You sigh and pull off your shirt, wondering if he was being self-destructive on purpose.

"D*mn, Jake. If I'd have known you would do this, I would've bled out a long time ago." Dirk joked weakly.

You paled further. "Don't joke about that."

"No way." He said, confusion, pain, and hope glinting in his eyes.

"What? Did I hurt you?" You asked, genuinely concerned.

"You do actually give a sh*t, don't you?"

"Of course I do." You whispered, "Dirk, I love you, God, I still love you, and I cannot let you die! I won't!" You say, tears welling up in your eyes as you begin applying the yellow bandages to his bare torso.

"You know I'm god tier, right? I'll just come back."

You do know that, but... "Do you really think I could just watch you die?" you asked quietly.

"Considering how apt you were at tearing out my heart, hell yeah I do." He said, barely audible. "You were never there before! You said *cough* you promised you wouldn't leave me alone again!God, I should've know! Known that no one would ever care." He propped himself up on his elbows and grimaced from the pain.

"But- Dirk-"

"I'll be back tomorrow. Bright, shiny and new again!" He laid back down and closed his eyes. "Maybe then we can talk."

"DIRK STRIDER! You WILL NOT die on me. I REFUSE to let you."

Dirk opened one eye. "Yeah? And how exactly do you plan on stopping me?"

"I-" You racked your brain for an idea, anything you could do. "I'm the page of hope, aren't I? I only have to believe you're healed and you are, right?"

"Don't waste your time." Dirk said, giving a harsh laugh.

"Waste my time- DIRK THIS IS NOT WASTING MY TIME!"

"No, it is. Jake, this isn't real."
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like Caliborne, writing that sh*tty twist. Sorry for putting you through that, but thanks for reading! <333 Comments?
Purrrrrrrrty please? :33???? <333