Status: Finished! ( only took a forever of procrastination, as well!)

A Promise That Should've Never Been Broken

Blood

"And you-" He continued, "You're not really here right now." And the scene faded before your eyes, brain-ghost Dirk sitting next to you, not bleeding out.

"So, you mean, none of that was real? And dirk isn't bleeding out right now?"

"Oh, no." Said the apparition, "He's definitely dying slowly."

"What???"You all but scream as you feel your heart collapse in on itself. "But- where is he???"

Dirk shrugged. "Hell if I know. Probably wants to bleed to death in peace, though."

You stand, looking around your messy room frantically. "Well, I refuse to let him."

The figment of your imagination raised an eyebrow. "You do know you're the cause, right?"

Guilt crashes down on you. "Yes, I do, I promised him and-"

"No, not that. You're the page of hope. You made it a reality."

"But I didn't mean to!"

He shrugs. "Doesn't matter. He's still dying slowly, and there's still nothing you can do about it. Since you made it a reality, you can't change it back."

"No, there has to be a way! I can't have just killed him!"

"Jake, there are rules to every god tier. If it's not impossible to break them, there are very, very dire consequences."

You shift, a bit unnerved. "How dire?"

"Doomed session dire. Jake, you're much better off staying put."

Shaking your head slowly, you make up your mind. "No. Dirk, this is my fault, I have to try." and with that, you left.

Your name is Dirk Strider, and you seem to be bleeding to death. You're used to bleeding. It's something you do almost every day. But today the cut was a lot deeper than what you're used to. Usually you were a bit cautious, but today any thoughts you may have harbored about not dying went right out the window. Jake was gone. You knew he didn't care in the least about what happened to you. The pain was a welcome distraction.

It was stupid. You knew better than to get attached to people, after watching Earth's population quickly decrease. You know that better than almost anyone! Yet, still you fell for him. For his black hair that was perpetually a mess, for his tan skin and buck teeth, for his lust for adventure and naivety. It was almost as if you couldn't help but love him. Which you hated.

Your shirt was off, and you were bleeding from a cut that crossed from your left shoulder to your right hip. Every time you moved or even breathed, it hurt. Which you were fine with.

Death wasn't something you were afraid of. It never has been. But now that it was out of reach, you wanted to die even more. After all, your heart, your soul, Jake, walked right out of your life. You didn't know how you would survive without hearing his voice, or reading his green grand-pa like words. But really, you had no choice.

Staggering into the kitchen, you cut yourself again, this time on your rib café. You turn of the light like you did for almost every other room in the house, with the hope all the light can chase the dark thought in your mind out.

The world spun dizzyingly and you fall on the cold tile of the kitchen. "D*mn." You groan, and lie there for a second before clumsily returning to your feet. "Just... one more." You mumbled, walking unsteadily to the bathroom. You barely have the door open before you fall again. Except this time, you were out cold before you even hit the rug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Th4nk2 7or r34d1ng, 4nd 2orry 48out your f33ls. Comm3nts? Pl3423? Pr3tty pr3tty PR3TTY pl3423? 21l3nt r34d3r2 m4k3 m3 24d.