Status: Finished! ( only took a forever of procrastination, as well!)

A Promise That Should've Never Been Broken

ChaptEr four? (sorry, I can't think of anything better.)

You shrug. "Try again tomorrow?"

"Dirk, I can't just-"

"No, you don't understand. Tomorrow I'll be thinking more clearly. I might cut myself again, but probably not as deep. Just do the same thing, sans my death."

He crossed his arms grumpily. "You make it sound so easy. Just because you're a smoothe operator doesn't mean I am!"

Reaching up, you cup his cheek with a bloodied hand. "Really? 'Cause I can never seem to resist you. You're just so cute! And when you're not cute, you're so fucking *cough* hot, I can't deal."

He sputtered for a few seconds then muttered something like "well... Golly gee..." while blushing furiously.

Ignoring how absolutely adorable that was, you said slowly, "So are you going to leave, or what?"

He gave you a confused look, his blush fading. "Leave?"

"Yeah. You said you couldn't watch me die. I *cough* I know I'm close, alright? If you're going to leave, you'd better do it soon."

Jake shook his head, tears clouding his beautiful green eyes. "No! No, you can't!"

"Jakey, I *cough* really don't *cough* think I've got much of a choice." you smile so he doesn't realize how much pain you're in.

He swallowed, a different kind of pain in his eyes. "The I'll stay. I can't wAtch you die, but I won't let you die alone. I wont."

"That's nice, Jake, but you really don't have-"

"No. Dirk, I owe you at least that much."

You cough a spell before reasoning "but when I wake up again-"

"Then I'll deal with that. now is there anything you need? Want?"

Smiling painfully, you said, "Well I want you, but I'm a bit bloody at the moment and I don't want to ruin your nice shirt." tears began to fall from Jake's eyes. "Hey dont cry, Jakey, you'll ruin your pretty eyes for nothing." you say, stroking his hair when he kneels down next to you, sobbing. "Jakey, Jakey, look at me."

He did, his eyes bright red and green. "Don't cry for me okay? I love you and we'll be okay, okay?" instead of answering, he cupped both of your cheeks with his hands and kissed you desperately. When you parted, he flung himself to you and wrapped his arms around you tightly. So tightly that when your ragged breathing ceased, he felt it and hugged your dead body tighter, his racking sobs slightly moving you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Sorry about any typos or OOC-ness. If it wouldn't be too much of a bother, could you possibly comment? Thank you again!