Status: Finished! ( only took a forever of procrastination, as well!)

A Promise That Should've Never Been Broken

The End

He was gone. Actually gone. You couldn't believe it. You didn't want to. You wouldn't look at his face. His golden-orange eyes. You love him. And he'll wake up, right? he's just sleeping. He's god tier. And he'll wake up. He'll wake up.

That became a sort of mantra in your mind, and when you heard a sort of gasping noose beneath you, your heart was reattached.

Hands pat you as if to make sure you're really there. "I- Jake? What are you doing here? What- what happened? Why am I not wearing a shirt?... Jake?"

"You're back, oh, Dirk, I'm so sorry!"

"Wait-back?" he pushed you off him as gently as one so bewildered could, "Back from where? Sorry about what? Why won't you tell me what's going on? You have five minutes to explain."

Though you expected something much like this, you hadn't quite figured out what to say. Wiping your slowing tears, you begin: "I- well you broke up with me-"

"Yes, I remember that," he said, sounding annoyed and tired.

"Okay, then you came home and-" you swallowed, "you cut yourself. I don't know why, I wasnt there. But I- I was coming over to apologize and I saw all the lights were on. I knocked, to be polite, but when you didn't answer, I came in, which was rude, but just knew something wasn't right. When I entered, I- there was blood, splattered all over the rug, and Dirk, I'm so sorry I'd forgotten about that. God, I'm so horribly sorry, but anyway, upon seeing that, I went a tad bonkers. I opened every last door in your house until I came upon you, in the loo. You were out cold and bleeding from several wounds in the chest, and you werent wearing only your pantaloons and anime shades. Determined not to hurt you more than I already had, I picked you up as gently as I could. You woke in my arms. You wouldnt let me save you, or even try for that matter, in fear of making this a doomed session. But I stayed with you until you died. You forgave me. We kissed a couple of times." at this point you were lost in the memory until you realized how those last sentences could be taken. "I don't expect this to hold, of course, you don't remember this. But- maybe you could give me another chance? I just don't think I can lose you for the-" you count on your fingers-"Fourth time tonight."

Dirk really didn't know what to make of this. "I- um-so, let me get this straight: I broke up with you, came home, turned on the lights, cut myself, passed out, woke back up, forgave you, kissed you, and died "

"Not neccessarily in that specific order, but yes,"

Raising his eyebrows, he took a deep breath and asked "i forgave you?"

"Yes, and we kissed."

"How many times?"

You thought this was an odd question, but answered anyway, "Erm, twice?"

Dirk stood and you stood to meet him. "Well, since I can't remember any of it, would you mind making it up to me?" he asked, grinning.

You grinned back, blushing. "I would not in any way mind participating in this endeavor."

And he kisses you with such force, you stagger backwards before returning the kiss in earnest.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm done, and it's only one a.m.! Thanks for reading, sorry for the short last two chapters, typos, OOC-ness, and feels, and if it wouldn't be too much of a bother , I would really really love it if you commented. <333!!!