Bless the Broken Road

My name is Destiny Monika Schneider. I've been through a lot, but I believe in second chances. I was born on April 21, 1978 and raised in Wittenberg, Germany with my younger brother, Trace. Our father was an abusive drunk who would find some sort of sick pleasure in beating us and our mother. We couldn't escape, nobody probably could if you were a child and didn't know your way around at such a young age, and that's what we were. It was worth protecting Trace from our father. He is two years younger than me and I didn't want him growing up with those emotional scars. I usually don't feel comfortable telling my story, but at the same time, I want to tell somebody at least so they can get a whole new outlook on life. I'm not saying that I've had the worst childhood ever and I'm sure there are a lot more worse situations than mine, but it's not every day that you hear a story like this one I'm getting ready to share with you. My journey and my experiences is what makes me - me. I'm my own person who's taken the hurt and pain from my father and the bullies at school and turned it into something good. The story I'm getting ready to tell you is one of those examples.