Bless the Broken Road

An Afternoon Nap

Later that afternoon, I awoke from another sleep-sweat. I randomly have these once in a while, I have no idea where it comes from. Maybe bad dreams or I'm just burning up. I looked over to see Zak's arm draped over my waist in a relaxed manner. His face was in a deep slumber. saw his stress and responsibilities in his face. To me, it looked like he never slept like this, this relaxed and relieved. I quietly snuck from his embrace and washed my face with a cold rag. I was still very tired for some reason. I guess because I was under fright and stress for the past couple of days, plus I haven't had barely any sleep in those days either. I gave myself another look in the mirror and headed back to bed with Zak. I lay back down to feel Zak drape his arm back over my waist. As I started to doze off, I heard a knock hit my front door. I shot up and just had a frightened look. I knew exactly who it was. "Zak. Michael Myers is back." I said softly hitting him. He shot up and wiped his eyes. I felt bad that I woke him from his peaceful sleep. "Stay here, I'll be back." Zak said getting up and throwing on a shirt. He walked through the bedroom door and into the living room to the front door. I didn't just sit back and wait for him to come back, I grabbed my gun and caught up to Zak. "Stand behind me." Zak said before opening the door. He was pissed and I did not want to be the other man right now. Long and behold it was who I knew it was standing at the door, just staring. "Get the fuck out of here." Zak said with a harsh tone. The man didn't say anything, he just stared at Zak right in the eyes. The man tried to look over Zak's shoulder to look at me, it didn't work. Zak slammed the door in his face and led me to the bedroom. "Pack your stuff, I'm getting you out of here." Zak said handing me my suitcase. Luckily, I didn't have a lot of my things spread out in my room. I quickly packed my utilities and clothes and soon enough, I was ready to leave. "Get in your car and follow me." Zak said. I knew he was wanting to get me out of harm's way and fast. I agreed and quickly got into my car. I didn't even bother to lock my motel room door, but who cares? There's nothing in there. I followed Zak in my car and all I saw when I looked back was my stalker standing in the same place as he was. I had no clue what this guy's problem was, but I was just glad that it was all over now.