Cardboard Boxes

One

"And number 24 Embry Call" the cheers erupt as the cheerleaders giggle and wink at him. Really at this point I don't want to be at the championship basketball game, I just lost in a battle of the bands competition. So no I don't want to be a "cheering fan" nor do I want to "clap my hands" so all of you cheerleaders can stop glaring at me.
"God somebody is grumpy"
"Not in the mood Seth"
"Hey hey put the claws away I am just looking after my little sister chillax" I glare at him" I assume you didn't win your band thingy"
" no I did not"
"God if I had just lost a thing I have been preparing for for months I would not be at a basketball game"
"Yeah well if you wanna explain to my boyfriend why I missed his big game go ahead"
"You know Embry would understand"
He says.
"Yeah but I am already the unsupportive girl friend who refuses to be a cheerleader and never wants to go out I would rather not add doesn't care about his accomplishments to the list as well"
The boys start to play I have no idea what this is a championship for although I do know that the other team has no chance. When your team include Paul Lahote, and Embry Call post-wolf change, there isn't a sports team in the country that can beat them.
"Are you better be home tonight?"
I look to my brother he to is so much older.
"I dunno."
" I am serious ell "
He gets up "well don't do anything with Em that I wouldn't want to see in his thoughts tomorrow" he raises his eyebrows.
"Wouldn't dream of it."
He walks off. Only two more quarters.
"S U P E R super super that's what you are G R E A T great great that's what you rate Embry Call Super Great!!" Mary Elmont cheers loudly as Embry runs up the court. He makes his shot and turns to wink at her. All the cheerleaders go wild. I suppose I should be jealous but in the end I am the one who will be going home with him tonight. God some friends would be really nice right now, Embry and the band take up most of time oh and school. And the chances of dragging Nellie or Bea to a high school basket ball game ar slim they are in college in the city why would they come out to Port Angeleas for me. The other girl friends are all pretty much cheer leaders even Nessy even though she is on the other team she still cheers. Even fucking Lea is a cheer leader. But here I am all alone watching my boyfriend get hit on by the pep squad.