Distraction.

Distraction.

Walking in to the room, I notice John sitting cross legged on our bed, notebook in his lap, guitar laying beside him.
"So what, you’re sleeping with the guitar now?" I tease with a playful smirk.
He chuckles but doesn’t look up to greet me with his usual welcoming smile when i got home from work. He starts to scribble away at something on the paper, then begins to rewrite whatever he scratched out.
"What are you even doing?" I ask, the curiosity getting the best of me.
"Song," he mutters as he continues to write.
"John Cornelius O’ Callaghan the Fifth," I say in a motherly voice, placing my hand on my hips. "Are you neglecting me now?"
He finally raises his head, a smirk teasing his lips. “No, I’d say ignoring is the better word.”
I scoff. “Thanks.”
He laughs. “Sorry, darlin’. I just don’t wanna lose my train of thought. I’ve got something going.”
"Hmm."
"What?"
"Nothing."
He raises an eyebrow, but shrugs and returns his attention to his notebook. I reminded myself not to be too annoyed; whenever he was in the zone or feeling inspired, nothing could get through to him. And I knew that this was because he was afraid of forgetting a single fleeting brilliant thought. So I knew better than to get offended, but I was hoping for a little alone time with him. Or at the least a "Welcome home, darlin'."
I sigh. Then, a smile plays at the corners of my mouth. “Seen my pajamas anywhere?”
He slowly shakes his head no.
I start to strip off my clothing, kicking off my heels. Turning around to unclasp my bra, I grin as I sense him finally paying attention to me. "Oh, well.” The straps glide down my shoulders as I let the bra fall to my feet. "I’ll just wear one of your shirts," I say, opening the drawers and, after shuffling through his clothes, picking out a white button up shirt. John’s eyes drink in my body as I turn back around. He groans when I let my hair loose, licking his lips. "Leila..."
I shrug as I return to the foot of the bed, shoving my discarded clothes to a corner with my foot.
"Babe,” he warns, but there’s a pleased look on his face.
I give him an innocent pout as I climb in next to him. I think twice and climb over him to the other side, placing the guitar on the floor. He stares down at me as I tuck my hands under my pillow where they were out of reach, and sigh, closing my eyes.
John lets out another low groan. "Dammit, Lei, I'm trying to write a song about you!"
I smile, but stay defiant. "You write your song. I'm going to sleep."
"Oh, fuck it," he breathes, moving the notebook aside and leaning over me. "I’ve already lost my train of thought."
He lingers for a moment, before planting a hard kiss on my lips. I lock my arms around his neck, my fingers gliding through his soft, smooth hair. He climbs on top of me, clutching my waist and inching my shirt up. His gentle touch sends a shiver up my spine, igniting a fire deep in the pit of my stomach.
"Dammit, Lei," he whispers again before pulling away to pull his own shirt over his head. I sit up before he could pin me down again and climb into his lap, summoning another groan that fell shamelessly easy from his lips.
I plant kisses along his jaw, making my way to his earlobe and tugging on it with my teeth. A soft moan escapes him and I feel my tummy flutter.
John takes my face in his hands, pressing his mouth to mine. I let him lay me down and shiver as his fingers start to play with the buttons of my shirt. He leans down and presses his lips to my neck, biting gently. I moan in pleasure, resulting in him biting harder. My breathing grows heavier when he starts to kiss along my torso where he's undone the first button and still making his way down. He smirks. "I'll finish that song another day."