Appearances

Two

In the morning Cam still wasn't there, but when I joined the others for breakfast, he walked in. Our eyes met and he walked away, towards the room we shared.

We had a fitness class that morning for three hours, the first hour was outside doing warm ups and running, and the last two was in the gym.

Me and Cam were ahead of everyone else outside, I ran a little way behind him, not wanting to crowd him as he was obviously upset about something.
When we got to the gym though, I was doing bench presses and I chose a weight that was too heavy, I was struggling to lift it back onto the catch when someone lifted it onto it for me. I sat up, relieved, and Cam smiled.
"Thanks."

"Not a problem. Don't choose to push yourself if there's no one around." I nodded and he gestured for me to come with him.

We lifted weights together for a while.
"Hey I'm sorry about yesterday. It wasn't cool to flip out on your first day."

"It's fine. I'm sorry-"

"You've got nothing to apologise for. It was just....I guess I haven't got over what happened to Ricky and...." He trailed off, I desperately wanted to know what had happened to him, but I couldn't ask for fear of upsetting him again.

"Ricky was in the year above, he graduated, and was put into a hostile situation only a few weeks afterwards...he got shot whilst saving a kids life." Sadness drifted over me as Cam spoke, working his arms more furiously until he slammed the weights down, panting heavily.

"He sounds like he was a great guy." Cam smiled softly at me.

"He was. And hey, thanks for not weirding out on me like the other guys did." I nodded.

"I don't see what the problem is to be honest." He smiled again and then started working on his legs.

"You missing Leanna yet?" I pulled a face and he laughed.

"Knew it. I used to be the same with Ricky."

That night I was in bed, Cam was nowhere to be seen again, so I figured one little trip down memory lane couldn't hurt. My hand started working its way down my body as I remembered the time with Leanna before I'd left.

I was in the middle of...well you know, and the door handle moved. I jumped and rolled onto my side as Cam walked in.
"Hey."

"Hi." My heart hammered in relief and I regretted not turning to face the wall. He spoke to me as he walked over to his bed.

"Just been talking to the guys. I swear to god it's like being in college again. They're playing beer pong. Hamish is absolutely trashed." I laughed awkwardly and struggled not to make it look like I was staring at Cam from the position I was in. He pulled off his shirt and was still talking to me.

"You ok man? You seem a little off."

"Yeah! Yeah I'm fine."

"Oh hey, y'know we were talking about those bands earlier? Well I remembered the name of those guys, they're called Infinity Ink. You should check 'em out." He pulled out his ipod from his back pocket and unlocked it for me before passing it over. My heart was racing again as I tried not to show my "problem" that was starting to throb against my stomach, begging me to grind on the bed. Our hands brushed and the contact of another person sent jets of arousal through me.

I took the iPod and started listening to the song. Cam was bopping his head along with it gently and I couldn't fight the smile off my face. He noticed and started dancing jokingly, he made a joke of pulling me up and I panicked, pulling away. Hurt and shock travelled across his features for a second before he just looked angry.

"Man that wasn't a pass at you! I thought you weren't weirded out?"

"What? No Cam-"

"Oh whatever Alex I've heard it all from those guys. Don't bother." He moved away and started pulling his shirt back on. I sighed and, seeing no other option, stood up.

"This is why I didn't wanna dance." He turned round and his eyes moved downwards. He looked shocked and turned back around to keep dressing.

"I was jacking off before you walked in ok?! I didn't want-"

"Didn't want me to see....yeah. Would you have been so careful though if it were one of those guys?" I sighed.

"Yes! I don't really want anyone catching me in the act like I'm a hard up teenager!! Look, Cam I don't give a shit that you're gay. I don't think you're trying to hit on me. Just chill out ok?" He sighed and nodded.

"Anyways, I'm gonna go shower, please be here when I get back?" He nodded and sat down on his bed.

"In like three minutes? Sure." I threw a pillow at him and he laughed.

"Jackass."

"You're one to talk." He gestured to the hard on that was just as prominent as a few minutes ago and I stuck my middle finger up before walking to the showers.

Thankfully there was no one in there and I jerked off quickly before returning to Cam.

"Ooh, four minutes, I was wrong. Hello Mr Stamina." I laughed and sat down.

"Yeah whatever. Man I cannot believe I had to humiliate myself just to stop you freaking out."

"Thanks for not letting me freak out anyways." He muttered quietly, we looked at each other for a few minutes, I smiled gently and climbed under the covers. His ipod was still on my pillow and I flicked through his songs. He was watching me steadily so I played a few out.

"Man, your playlist is almost identical to mine." I threw my phone at him and he started going through mine too.

We ended up talking about music till it was past one in the morning. In the morning I woke and he was still asleep, his ipod was still playing music softly from where it was on my chest. It felt oddly intimate. I quickly shut it off and put it on his bedside table before getting dressed and going down to breakfast.

More theory classes, studying for the end of year exam which was only a few months away. Then another afternoon of fitness and gym.

Over the course of the following days, I looked forward to gym more and more. Cam and I would exercise together and really talk about stuff properly. I felt like I'd found a real friend, someone who I could tell absolutely anything to.

On Friday night when I was packing up my stuff to go home for the weekend, he was just lied out on his bed.

"Aren't you going home?"

"Yeah, just not in a rush."

"Got anything planned this weekend?"

"Nah. Probably just relax, study a bit, work out."

"So the same as we do all week?"

"Pretty much."

"You wanna come to mine on Sunday?" He looked up at me.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'd like you to meet Leanna and Poppy. Besides, you can't just do what you do all week. Get yourself out there man! Get a date for tomorrow night." Cam chuckled slightly and walked with me down the stairs.

"I don't think so."

"Why not? C'mon man you're a catch!! You're a cool guy, and you're hot-" He laughed.

"I'm serious. Go on, get a date. Go to a bar and they'll be flinging themselves at you." He sighed.

"What?"

"I'll think about it."

"There we go!! Anyways, I have your number so tomorrow I'm gonna be pestering you until you get your ass out the door. That's Leanna's car over there, come say hi." He walked over with me and Leanna climbed out, rushing over to hug me. I hugged her tightly and swung her round, making her squeal with laughter. Cam stood watching us with his hands in his pockets. I kissed her quickly before introducing them.

"Cam this is my wife Leanna, Leanna this is Cam." He smiled and shook her hand.

"It's great to meet you. I've heard so much about you." She smiled.

"You too."

"I was wondering if we were doing anything on Sunday? I thought Cam could come over and meet the baby and stuff."

"That'd be lovely!"

"Are you sure? I don't wanna impose?" Leanna waved him off and convinced him to come over, he looked happier after that and she went to get back in the car.

"Well I'll see you on Sunday then man, this has been a great first week."

"Yeah, bye Alex." We hugged each other before I walked back to the car. He waved as we drove off.

"He seems like a nice guy."

"Cam? He's the best."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd really love a comment from everyone who reads this! Just drop a line and tell me what you think!

Thanks :) hope you enjoyed it!