Status: Please comment, subscribe and recommend if you enjoy my stories, I will do the same for you! Thank you! :)

Dark of the Night

The Haunting

The moon is peering through the tree branches and lighting the path in front of Anna. The air is frigid and sharp and she has lost her shoes about a mile back. "No! No please stop!" And with a thud she falls into a pit. Knees shaking, she stands up and looks around for an exit but has no luck.

Suddenly she hears shuffling above her and backs up against the wall of the pit and out of the moonlight. "No need to try and hide Anna, I can hear your heart racing." She recognizes this voice. "Oh what's the matter sweetheart, you don't know who I am?" His sultry voice pierces her ears, "Wes?"

"Anna, wake up!" Ian is standing over Anna trying to shake her awake from her nightmare. Tears pouring out of the corners of her eyes she gasps and shoots up straight in bed. "Are you okay? You must have been having a nightmare." "Yes, Ian, I am fine. I think it was a nightmare, but it seemed more like a memory. But, it can't be possible." Anna pulls the covers up a little and moves her sweat-drenched hair off her face. "What do you mean a memory? What was your dream about?" It was based back in the 19th century and I was running from --something in the woods and it chased me into some kind of pit." Confused Ian sits down on the bed next to Anna and extends his arm towards her. A rush of emotions rush over like a flood and fear strikes her heart.

Anna scoots back away from him, "I'm sorry, Ian, I don't think this is a good idea anymore. I really want to go home. You know, I had a normal and boring life before you and I started talking. I've only known you a matter of days and you're a --you're a vampire for christ's sake and here I am laying in your bed recovering from a near death injury! This is all too crazy. I feel like I've been dreaming." Without hesitation Anna threw the covers off of her body and began searching for her things.

"Anna, please wait. I don't want to lose you. We can take things slow; whatever you want, just please don't leave and never speak to me again." Ian wipes a red tear from his eye, trying to hold his composure.

"Do not see how crazy this all is, Ian? I never thought vampires were real. They were just created to scare people on Halloween, that's it. I barely know you and I slept with you and spent the night at your house. This isn't me; I'm not thinking clearly at all. I think I need to just go. I will call you when I am ready. Until then, goodbye, Ian." Without letting Ian say anything else, she shut the door behind her and started walking to her house.

Ian falls back on his bed, heart-broken and cheeks stained red from the blood pouring out of his eyes. With Anna gone he feels empty and doesn't feel human anymore. The veins start to protrude under his eyes and he feels an overwhelming hunger.

Rushing to the fridge, Ian swings the door open and grabs three blood bags and rips into them. Unsatisfied, he rushes to the woods close to his house to try and escape this feeling. Running and running, the cool night's air rushing by him Ian falls into a pit and falls to the bottom, breaking his neck. "Good, I am glad you're finally here, Ian. I've been waiting for you. You probably don't know me, but we are family and I am the one who turned you. My name is Wes."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry this took so long to update, I have been very busy lately with school work and spring break. I hope you enjoy this update.

Also, it would be really nice to hear some feedback from those who have continued to read the whole story. Tell me your likes and dislikes, I am looking forward to constructive critiscism. Like I said before, I have no idea where this story is going, I am just typing as I go and seeing where the story leads. I am letting the characters do the work. So again, please leave comments or message me if you would like to be more private with me, I would really really appreciate it.

Hope you have been enjoying the story so far.