Realm of the Deranged

The Puppeteer

“Hello Hello!” The voice sang.

The voice of a young man, Dancing to my ears, I look around to see where it was coming from. Yet to my surprise, I feel my body tighten, My wrist’s too. Something was tightly grabbing every part of my Body, I dropped bunny to feel my self go forcefully into a star like position, and have a large red light flash upon me, I quickly look around to notice, strings attached, tied upon me.

“HELP!” I scream. To have someone jump in front of me.

I see an odd young man with a grinning smile looking down at me. His eyes of bright green, His light brown curly hair over his malicious eyes, long diamonds under his eyes, And a star on his right cheek. He was wearing an odd outfit. He seemed from a circus as well. He had these white gloves, a buttoned red vest, Vertically Striped pants. A circus hat even. He pulled his hands upwards and I felt a long grip upon me, forcibly Pulling my hand forward to him as he'd kneel down and kiss my palm.

“Welcome my sweet…”

I froze in shock. No idea what to say to that....
“Who....are you?”

He grinned up to me. “I am the puppeteer, And entertainer. I have to claim you my dear…”

I stared with my twitching eyebrow...”Are you Mental?”

He smiled. “Not as much as you, Love.”

He quickly jumped back pulling his strings with me along. I scream some more.
“HELP!”

The next thing i knew, another light flashed. Except in the distance. Where there was a crowd. A large crowd within seats. People staring, large grins on their faces.
I stare in shock as the puppeteer walks closer to me with a microphone.

“Hello my dear!” He declared. “Why not introduce yourself to our guests!”
I stared in shock not knowing what to do. Too many people...But the more I stayed silent the more I felt a sharp string beginning to pierce over my throat. The puppeteer was forcing me to speak.

“M...Maya...My name is Maya...”I shivered in small pain.

“Mari is it?” The puppeteer spoke. “My My! What a lovely name!

I glanced at him. “...N...no, Maya, not Mari…”

“Everyone greet a hello to Mari!” He exclaimed.

I looked around quietly hearing people chant the name “Mari” And not that in which i am actually named.
“N, No stop that isn't my name!”

The puppeteer then continued.
“So Mari, Are you ready to begin?”

I shivered. “Begin what?”

He yelled some more to the crowd.

“Mari is indeed a valuable prize! An ancient and delicious artifact! You can hang her within your living room, Use her for the cookings of your favorite meal! Have her soul as your private entertainment! Sell her body all as one or into pieces! Grow her hair in your gardens for the harvest! Set her on fire and she is a worthy heating device! Why now, She can be used for just about anything! However you want her!”

I stared at him. “....What?”

Many of the audience applauded in interest as the puppeteer continued.
“Although Many of our Mari’s cost a high price, I have brought to you today, ladies and gentleman, The “Beta” The “Try me” Of Mari, Guaranteed to grant your business with no doubt! Enjoy the show! Enjoy your free trial to this lovely sight, this lovely product! Let the show Begin!”

I stared in confusion to then feel him pulling the strings to my arm upwards to the crowd applauding.

“Wait what are you doing?!” I shocked out as the puppeteer walked closer to me. He pulled out something from his pocket. A lighter....He slowly brought it towards me.

“WAIT-WHAT THE FUCK STOP!!!” I yelled to be completely ignored. He grabbed a piece of my Dress and put up his lighter. A small flame began to devour the cloth.

“Stop it!!! I’m going to burn!” I yelled some more, as i began to hear the audience laugh, entertained by my words of panic.
The puppeteer held the back of my head and whispered to my ear.

“Shh....calm down, It will only a hurt a bit...” He smiled.

I felt the flames grow even larger, the heat beginning to burn my skin.

“A bit?!?! AH-!!!”
I began to scream louder hearing the crowd burst into laughter...so many voices ringing within the sound.

“Calm down...” He repeated with a gleam in his eyes, smiling some more.”You like the pain....”

“No i do not!” I yelled.
From then on I felt more areas of my dress burn, releasing ashes to the stage. I screamed some more and more fighting with the Puppeteer. “I do not like pain I do not like pain!!!! Stop!”
At some point he seemed to have had enough. “Oof...My ears….”

He quickly pulled out a knife and cut off the parts of my dress that were still on fire.
“You will learn to love pain another way then...”

“Stop talking!” I yelled with anger and frustration.

“Your fears must be embraced, Loved, Your weakness to pain must become your sensation…”

“ARE YOU MAD?!”

The next thing I knew he was causing me to do the oddest things as he turned the strings upon me. He was starting to make me undress in front of the crowd. I blush and cried for him to stop But he wouldn't listen beyond the audiences maddened laughter. Growing more and more mental by the second…

“STOP!” I screamed in embarrassment as he carried on playing with his strings to then let out a call.
“Nameless! Come out Nameless, meet Mari!”
I felt a push to my head, moving my view to the side to see a girl in a small dress looking to me with no emotion. Walking towards me.

“N...Nameless?” I muttered as she came closer. She had dark black hair, long and straightened, pale skin, but yet the most interesting was her eyes, of bright orange color.
She came even closer to me although right before I could speak some more, Everything stopped as “Nameless” Kissed me. I froze in shock and confusion as she let me go. The puppeteer as well, but then he stretched out his hands once more, leaving me vulnerable as he shouted her name once more.
“Nameless.” He growled.
She looked down to her hands where she held a few embalming tools, then looked back at me. I stared in shock hoping she wouldn't but of course, She did.

She began to hit, stab, hurt me, to the point I’d scream so loudly that I stopped feeling the pain for a little bit. My body got sore and my mind couldn't capture anymore of the laughter. The puppeteer stood back up and walked up to us. While nameless was still tormenting me, he told me:

“Mari, Give the audience a Smile.”

I looked up to him mindlessly.
“No.”

To then have myself a knife twisted within me.
“I said, smile.”
I frowned instead. “No.”

He sighed. “We will work on that...But for now...”

Nameless pulled the knife from me, And grabbed a small mask from the ground to hand it to the Puppeteer. Who then placed it on my face.
It was a mask with a large crooked smile upon it. I teared out from the mask watching the audience loose their minds, and applaud, laugh, Throw objects to the stage. Even some who began to attack each other with large smiles upon their faces.
Then, the light flashing upon the audience disappeared. And the red light on ourselves, Gone as well. And I found myself left in the dark once more...Sickened…

My strings dropped out, as i fell to the ground, And saw my bunny within the darkness...I reached out for it, to have a hand grab the bunny before i could, The puppeteer was holding it, and smiling…

“Cute...”

He then looked down to me. As I felt, Nameless’s nails grab my arms as she began to drag me into the darkness, And the puppeteer who knocked me out with some sort of anesthetic needle Piercing within my veins.
I’m passing out...within my own mind?
This place really is Hell...