Status: current

Teach Me Love

Hunt

My jaw thudded against the floor as I watched Dean try to decipher what Castiel had just told him.

"You what? No Cas. No. You are not!" Dean shouted, taking a few steps back away from him wanting to put a lot of distance between the two of them.

Sam let out a school-girl giggle but Cas seemed hurt and very confused.

"But... from what Ellie has told me, you meet all the criteria for my love. I care for you to the extent of putting myself in harm's way in order to keep you from it. I would tell you things that I wouldn't tell Sam, if I had secrets. So that means I love you, doesn't it?"

All eyes on me then. "Ellie, you told Cas that he was in love with me?" I gulped, hoping this didn't roll into a huge fight.

"Dean, just be patient with him. He doesn't understand everything that we do. You confused him already. Cas... typically, a man doesn't love another man. I believe it's a sin?" I asked, looking to him for the answer.

"Yes, but I do not find myself to be a man, my soul is indifferent to genders. I'm an angel... not a man. I just happen to have a man's body." He looked down at his hands. "Homosexuality is a sin... but I only have a man's body. If I had a woman's body would you love me back Dean?"

He was appalled at the question. "No Cas... you are a man to us. Inside and out. You can't be in love with me. You gotta find a chick if you want that. Or Sam, he's pretty much a girl." Dean turned and left the room, no doubt to sit in his room and pretend this never happened.

"He's mad at me?" It seemed more of a statement than a question. I sighed heavily. This isn't going to be easy but now Sam had agreed to help me explain things to him and not let Dean influence him.

That had been a few weeks ago and since then he'd watched romantic movies, trying to figure where to find love and how to go about it. It was sort of funny, watching something so majestic as an angel try to understand something so simple and bland as a human.

Back to the present, Sam and I sat silently eating the dinner I fetched us at the tacky yellow table. Dean came back a few minutes after I had cleared the trash, and prepared for us to be headed out soon.

I like to think that the guys secretly love having me here to clean up and mother them. I don't mind it either. I typically do laundry and clean up after them. I actually enjoy it, just wish I had a house of my own to do this with. It keeps me from being homesick from a home I don't have.

Dean came in with a few scratches, he had gotten into it with a few vamps and had located their nest. He came back to fetch us to return to the small nest and take out the other vampires with him.

In a matter of a few minutes, we were loaded down with dead man's blood and holy water, ready to take on this easy task, as we had all faced several times in the past.

While the boys were checking out of the motel, I was loading the rest of my things into my car when a cold hand came across my mouth, making me stand straight up. I felt sharp metal pressed lightly against my throat as I looked around to see if anyone noticed. Nothing.

"Never killed a hunter before, this'll be fun." A raspy voice breathed into my ear, sending a foul metallic smell into the air. One I recognized all too well. Blood.

I heard someone shout my name and it drew the vampire's attention away from me long enough to shove their hand away while taking firm grip of it and twisting them around in front of me. His skin felt like old leather.. rough and rubbery. He was young, couldn't have been old enough to drive a car. I could hear two sets of footsteps coming after me and wasn't sure if it was friend or foe. I quickly drew my blade from my boot and sliced a deep cut into his neck. He took a few steps back but not far enough as I had drew my arms back again and ripped into the neck again, severing his head. It plopped to the ground and rolled into someone's feet. They didn't move. As I looked up to see who they belonged to, I was grabbed roughly by my hair. A burning sensation ran over my scalp as I hit the ground, landing on my hands and knees. I quickly rolled over and stood up, away from whatever had thrown me to the wet ground.

There were 4 vamps now, taking jabs at Dean and Sam who had come to help me. Luckily I still had a few syringes of dead man's blood in my pocket and I stabbed one needle into the back of what seemed like the stronger vampire, hindering him long enough for Dean to cut his head of as well. And in a matter of seconds all of them were beheaded.

I finally looked around at the deserted parking lot, thankful that no one was there to see that. We loaded the bodies into separate cars and drove to the nest, taking out the remaining 2 vampires that didn't seek us.

As we were burning the bodies, my cell phone rang. It was Cas.

"Concerned something was wrong, I quickly answered. "What's up?"

"Ellie... why do people only mate with someone they like? Why not with someone who would pass on strong genes to your offspring?" I sighed, another question from his learning mind.

"I'll explain when we get there, won't be long." And he hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Went a bit off subject, I apologize. I've been away from daily writing too long, this is almost a therapy for me as well as a hobby right now. Please, leave your thoughts.