Sequel: Asylum
Status: Finished

Insanity

24 Hours

Alice POV

I leaned back on the bed and watched Akuma talk on the phone across the small hotel room we had been sharing while on the hunt we had finished the night before. It was slightly cramped as we opted for the cheaper of the two in the small town. It looked like it was only meant for one person but they had squeezed two beds in here. Though I wouldn’t complain, especially because we had slept in worse places, at least this one had warm, running water. I ran a hand through my messy red hair and pulled it back into a bun, watching Akuma run a hand through her own pitch black hair before hanging up the phone. “Who was that?”

“Bobby.” She replied, turning to face me. If I hadn’t lived with her for so long I would have been shocked at how bright her blue eyes were, or the fact that they were blue at all. Her hair is naturally black and her skin is pale. All in all, it’s a weird combination. “He has a case for us down in the states” she said, offering me a smile.

“What is it this time?” I asked, sitting up straight and crossing my short legs as I studied her. She looked ready for a hunt. She never gave up and never got tired of hunting, even with what she was she was more excited to hunt than any other hunter I had met, though it was probably because of her father that she was so excited to hunt. From what I heard he was a dick, but then again most demons are.

“We’re helping the Winchesters. A demon possessed someone on a plane and made it crash. There was only a few survivors. The boys apparently haven’t gotten very far yet. He wants us to go help them.” Akuma said in a rush as she packed up her things. It didn’t take her very long, neither of us had very much stuff. Most of what we owned was weapons, and those stayed in the trunk of the car.

“Sounds fun, there’s nothing really going on up here right now anyways.” I said, reaching for the computer I had abandoned on the other side of the bed and turning it off. “You better behave yourself. We want to make a good impression on the boys.” I said with a smirk. I knew she would be good unless one of the boys said something that pissed her off. But from what Bobby had told me about Dean I expected a bit of trouble. I smirked at the glare and roll of her eyes that she gave me, and stuck my tongue out at her. “You know how you are when guys act like you’re a helpless little girl. I’m just warning you to stay calm, we’ve both heard what Bobby says about Dean.”

“I won’t lose my temper. Besides, you only care about good impressions because you think Sam is cute.” She said, picking up her bag and grabbing her keys. I was never good with faces so I was sticking to their names and making up faces for them, but she was assuming Akuma was talking about the taller one, because he was cute. But knowing me I’ll have forgotten his name by the time we get there. I opened my mouth to argue, but didn’t have time before she continued. “Now get your ass in the car. I told Bobby that we’d meet the boys by noon tomorrow, which means we have to go faster than usual and we’re listening to twenty four straight hours of good old rock n’ roll.” She said, already humming TNT under her breath as she walked out the door.

I rolled my eyes at my sisters back and quickly packed up my things, following her out to the car and tossing my stuff in the back seat before I slid into my designated passenger side seat. “You’re addicted to Rock and Roll Akuma, you should give some other music a chance.” I said, smirking at the look I got from her as she started the car.

"Rock and roll is amazing; it’s the only music worth listening to. And I don’t mean the new pop-rock shit they have. I mean the good old stuff, Like Metallica and AC/DC" She said, pulling out of the parking lot and taking off down the highway. “So quit your bitching.”

~~~~~~~~

DEANS POV

I looked up from the papers in my hand at the sound of my phone going off. With a sigh I rubbed my eyes, grabbing my phone off of the night stand and pressing it to my ear. “Hello?” I asked, clearing my throat. It was still sticky and dry from sleep and I hadn’t had anything to drink or eat since I woke up, I was basically running on fumes.

“Hey Dean, its Bobby.” The man on the other end of the phone said, though I wouldn’t have needed a name. I could have recognized that voice anywhere, I’d known him long enough. “I’m just calling to let you know that I’ve got you some help on this case. You remember Alice and Akuma right?”
“Wait... you what?” I asked, rubbing my eyes again as I processed what he said. He thought that we needed help? Since when did we, the Winchesters, need anyone’s help. Especially the help of two girls.

“I called Akuma and Alice. They’re going to help you with the case. They’re a good team and they could help you out quite a bit.” Bobby said, sounding a bit irritated at my reaction. But I couldn’t help it. Bobby was usually sending them to help out other hunters. Besides, he had just gotten Sam back and they needed to find their dad, these girls could get in the way of that, especially if they got hurt. I didn’t need to be worrying about my brother and two little girls on top of that. “They’ll be there by noon tomorrow.”

“We can do this case on our own Bobby, we’ve done harder and been fine.” I said, running a hand through my hair and looking up as Sam walked in with food and coffee. “And I don’t need to be looking out for Sam and two girls that will probably freak out if they break a nail. It’s just not going to work.” I said, waving off the weird look that Sam gave me at the comment. I put the files on the bed and stood, walking over and grabbing a coffee from Sam.

“I wouldn’t be sending these girls to you if I thought they would get in your way or hinder the hunt. They basically specialize in demons. And I suggest that you keep your sexist comments to yourself or you’ll make this more difficult on yourself. Akuma doesn’t take kindly to those kinds of comments, and she can take you down in an instant. I’ve seen her take down men twice your size for saying less than you, so shut yer mouth ya idjit.” Bobby snapped on the other end of the phone. It didn’t sound like I was going to win this fight, which was more annoying than anything in my opinion. At this point all I could do was accept it and hope that the girls stayed out of my way, though I had one more idea of an argument. "They're coming to help whether you like it or not, so suck it up and be ready to meet them by noon tomorrow."

“Can they even get here in time? I thought they lived in Canada.” I said as a last ditch attempt. If they couldn’t get here in time then there wouldn’t even be a point of them coming down. We’d be done by then.

“They were close to the border and Akuma is a fast driver. They’ll be there by noon tomorrow. Remember to keep yer mouth shut boy.” Bobby said before the line went dead. With a sigh I took a sip of my coffee and swore when it scalded my tongue.

“What was that all about?” Sam asked, pulling the food out of the bag and rolling his eyes at my mistake.

“Bobby decided we needed help so he’s sending two girls.” I grumbled, grabbing a burger and unwrapping it before taking a bite. Sam didn’t look as upset at all, he looked more interested and kind of happy if that was the word for it. Though I don’t see why. He should know just as well as I do that we don’t need any help and that Bobby was being ridiculous.

“Two girls? You mean Alice and Akuma?” He asked, lifting his eyebrows and taking a bite of his own burger followed by a swig of his coffee as he studied me. I was starting to feel like everyone was against me on this.

“Yeah. Those two. They better be able to take care of themselves, I don’t need to be taking care of you as well as them.” I said, taking a bite out of the burger and going back to the bed to pick up the files. I took a moment to chew and swallow before walking back to my bother. “I’m not really finding any connection on these victims. You should take a look at these files and see if you can find anything that I missed.” I said, holding the files out to him and waiting for him to grab them before I took another bite of my burger.

Sam rolled his eyes and set the files on the table next to his computer. “First of all, I don’t need taking care of. And secondly, Bobby wouldn’t be sending them to help if he thought that they would just be a burden on us.” He said, sitting down and booting up his computer. “You’re over reacting to the entire situation, everything will be fine.”

I rolled my eyes and gave a small snort. “Well I guess we’ll see who’s right when we get to that point.” I said with a resigned sigh, running a hand through my hair before I finished my burger. And threw the wrapper in the trash and grabbing my coffee. “Just let me know if you find anything, I’m going to have a shower.” I said, taking a small sip of my coffee to judge if it was cool enough to chug. With another sigh I set it down and headed to the bathroom. Coffee wasn’t really my thing anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo I rewrote it again. And I'm trying to keep rewriting it. I know the biggest ideas I had for this stories so those will stay but the smaller points might change because I lost most of the chapters that I was going to rewrite but it will get better and longer and such. i hope you enjoy the rewriting!

Comments and subscriptions are always welcome :) I'd love feedback as i edit and rewrite.

In other news I'm writing an original story and hopefully I'll be able to get the first chapter up soon. I'll let you know when I do