Sequel: Asylum
Status: Finished

Insanity

Little Red

Akuma’s P.O.V

I groaned softly and dug my face further into my pillow as someone shook my shoulder lightly. “Akuma it’s time to wake up.” The voice was humming in the back of my mind as I moaned.

“Five more minutes.” I muttered, the words barely audible as I attempted to pull the blanket over my head and sighed when I felt Alice pull it away from me, leaving the frigid air to caress my body. I rolled onto my back and stretched with another sigh and rubbed my eyes, cracking one eye open to look up at my sister, before slowly opening both of my icy blue eyes, using them to shoot daggers at her as I sat up. It had been two days since they’d gotten me out of that god forsaken hospital and Alice and Sam had decided it would be best if we took a couple of days off so that I could rest, though I suspected Dean would be a bit pissy with that decision. I had argued against it for a while after Bobby said I wasn’t allowed to pick up my car, but considering I had passed out so fast once Alice had convinced me to take a nap, it was the best option available. I would’ve been dangerous on a hunt. I had tried to catch up on some TV shows by using the computer but Alice had thought I was trying to find a case and took the computer away, forcing me to take another nap.

“You have to get up and dressed. We have a case and Dean is throwing a fit.” Alice chattered, crossing her arms over her chest and lifting her eyebrows in response to my glare. I scowled at her for a moment longer before chucking the pillow at her, wincing slightly as I sat up, rolling my stiff shoulders. It had been two days and I had slept for most of those forty eight hours, but my wounds still weren’t healed and didn’t seem like they would be healing properly any time soon, which was concerning considering the fact that I usually healed faster than most demons did.

“What’s it on?” I asked, rolling out of bed and grabbing my bag, digging through it for clean clothes and underwear before changing. Once I was dressed I stood in the mirror and adjusted my tank top before sliding my jacket over my shoulders, narrowing my eyes at the barely visible stitches that were made where there had been a hole. It hadn’t been ripped too badly but when I picked it up and saw the hole I was pissed. I’d had this jacket for years and having it ripped was annoying. After studying myself for a second longer I pulled my hair back into a slick ponytail, glad that I had finally washed out all of the dirt and blood. Bobby had suggested cutting it short to my shoulders because most of the problem was pretty far dead, and I considered punching him. I looked at Alice, feeling quite impatient as I was forced to wait. I hadn’t been cooped up for that long but really it felt like months, endless waiting for my body to heal. Regardless of injuries I was more than ready to get out and gank some monsters.

“People have been found in their houses with slit wrists and throats. They all bled out.” Alice explained briefly, picking up both of our bags and giving me a look that told me to calm down and get over myself. “Are you done checking yourself out? Because the boys are waiting in the car.”

“Well they can wait a little longer, I wanna look my best to show those damn Winchesters that I’m perfectly fine.” I paused for a moment to bit my lower lip at my reflection. “And anyways I would rather have Dean stew in his own juices a little longer, get him riled up some more.” I laughed to myself and flicked my ponytail over my shoulder and turned to Alice, nodding her towards the door, ignoring the eye roll she gave me in return.

Once outside I turned my gaze to the slick black impala and met Dean’s eyes with a glare and a smirk before I turned to my car and slid into the driver’s seat and relaxing as my fingers wrapped around the leather steering wheel, a smile growing on my lips. “Hurry Alice, before Dean blows his top again. Do you think he’d shut up and stop his bitching if he knew I could hear him?”

“Probably not, he’d just whine some more and then get pissed off ‘cause he’ll want to know how you have this ‘magical power’.” She laughed as she air quoted, sliding into the seat beside me.

“Probably. God, he is such a little bitch.” I grumbled, listening to Dean bitch to his brother for a moment longer before I started my car, the engine revving loud as I purred at the sudden vibration of my baby. Pulling out of the parking lot, I waved my hand for the boys to follow. “So pick a tape and put it in. We’re beating the boys there and you are getting those totally disgusting images out of your head. You know I can see that shit when the emotion is too prominent.” I teased, lifting my eyebrows at her. She was having some pretty intimate thoughts about a certain brunette and I didn’t want those seared into my brain. I’d been subject to accidentally catching too many of her fantasies with people and one time I actually had to leave and drink until I could forget. I didn’t want a repeat of that incident.

“Fuck off.” Alice muttered and I laughed as her face went red enough to match the colour of her hair. She flipped me off and turned her attention to the back seat, leaning over and grabbing a tape before plugging it in and adjusting the volume to an appropriate volume, sending Highway to Hell blasting through the speakers.

~~~~~~~

Sam’s P.O.V

“Will you shut up already Dean?! I get it. You have the hots for Akuma and you have to compensate by being a dick.” I snapped, my tone harsh with only a light bit of teasing as I pinched the bridge of my nose. He’d been going off for almost an hour about how she was weak and all she had done was sleep and that people were dying and I was sick of it. He was being annoying and I was about ready to ask the girls for a ride instead. “Look. They just left. How about you shut up and follow them.” Dean sighed and rolled his eyes, his mouth frowning in response as he followed the girls out of the parking lot and down the highway.

“Bitch.”

“Jerk.” I replied, feeling a small smile pulling at my lips as I fidgeted with the radio. “Why don’t we listen to something like… I don’t know… Up to date for once?

“I’ve told you before, and I’ll tell you again. Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.” Dean said, smacking my hand away from the radio and adjusting the tuner so that some old song I didn’t really recognize was playing loud, but still quiet enough that we could talk, without yelling at each other. “Back on topic though, I do NOT have the hots for Akuma. I’m just annoyed that we had to delay this case for two days. People are dying Sam!”

“I get that, but I also get that Akuma almost died, not to mention lost a ridiculous amount of blood, you have to understand that Dean.” I shot back, rolling my eyes and looking out the window and shifting so I could stretch out a bit more in the seat.

“I still don’t get why you’re defending her.” Dean grumbled, clearly put off that I wasn’t taking his side in this whole ridiculous debate. He was acting like a giant five year old.

“Dude, just grow up. Try to see this from her point of view. I don’t think she likes it that she has to spend all this time with you either….because you’re being an asswipe.” I muttered, leaning my head on the window and closing my eyes. Maybe if I could sleep he would fuck off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alice’s P.O.V

I curled my short legs under me on the seat and leaned back, glancing at my sister from the corner of my eye and stifling a yawn with a frown when she scratched at the bandages on one of her arms. “Stop that.” I said, rubbing my eyes and turning to face her more clearly. It was pretty hard to stay awake due to the lack of sleep that the voices and visions were causing, but I didn’t want to really sleep either. The voices were starting to yell again and to show me more things about my father, Bobby, and Akuma. All of it was stuff I really would rather not see and it had all been twisted into nightmares. I had considered taking some of Akuma’s painkillers as sedatives to help me sleep, but I wasn’t sure if they’d really help.

“They’re itchy though.” Akuma grumbled, not bothering to take her eyes off the road as she lowered the hand that she had been using to scratch with and rested it on the gear shifter, running her fingers over the engraved thunderbird on the leather.

“I hate stitches. I’d have them out right now if you wouldn’t kill me for it. I’ll heal fine without them.”

“No you won’t and you know it. Until they’re ready to come out you’re going to keep them in.” I said, leaning forward to turn down the volume before I leaned back against the door and shifted so I was facing my sister straight on. “So… what’s up with you and Dean? You guys were getting along fine at the bar and now you guys are at each other's necks. What happened?” I questioned, smirking at the death glare she gave me. I knew she wouldn’t want to talk about it but she was going to.

“First of all, he started it. I can stay content with barely talking to him and mostly ignoring him but he wants to bitch out every little thing I do and wants to consider it all wrong, so I’m going to be a bitch and give him a real reason to keep his head up his ass. Secondly, he’s totally sexist and doesn’t think we can actually help and considering how bad the first hunt went and the fact that I almost died, he’s getting cocky. So I’m going to teach the asshole a fucking lesson.”

“Okay, whatever you say.” I said, rolling my eyes at her and crossing my arms behind my head so it wasn’t bouncing on the glass and adding to my already massive headache. “So ignoring that, what do you think of them as hunters?”

“They’re good hunters from what I’ve seen, and from what I’ve heard, they rank among the best. I mean, they are Winchesters, they’re dad is pretty well known. Which is both good and bad.” Akuma said, tugging at the end of her pony tail. It was a nervous habit she had picked up shortly after meeting me and my father. “It’s good because we also rank among the best, and working with them will help get more monsters killed, but that also means we can’t slip up anymore. We can’t do or say anything that could lead to them finding out what and who I am. And since what happened on the plane we have to be even more careful. If they want to do more exorcisms while hunting demons then I have to be able to leave, and have an excuse they’ll believe.” She continued, pulling into the parking lot of a hotel just outside of the small town the murders were happening in. “I need you to watch my back.” She finished, pulling into the only available parking spot and cutting the engine, her eyes intense when she finally looked at me.

“You know I always have your back.” I said quietly, feeling a bit hurt as I turned away and got out of the car with a stretch. The journey was just over an hour but with how I was feeling it felt like it was a lot longer.

~~~~~~~~

Dean’s P.O.V

I pulled in behind the girls and scanned the parking lot, narrowing my eyes when I saw that there was only one parking spot left. With a growl of frustration I parked behind the girls and cut the engine, getting out and glaring at Akuma. “Where do you expect me to park my baby? On the side of the highway?” I demanded as I walked up to her. “Because there is no way in Hell that I’m doing that.” My voice deepened with anger.

“No. I expect you to park her on the moon.” Akuma said, her tone icy and dripping with sarcasm as she glared right back at me. “But if you’re really going to throw a hissy fit we can drive into town and you can find a place to park it and then I can taxi you back here.” She hissed, her eyes filling with a mixture of annoyance and anger as she turned away from me and grabbed a bag out of the back seat.

“I’d rather have her in my sight. I don’t want anyone messing with her.” I snapped back. My fingers reaching up to the necklace around my throat to help calm me down. “No one puts baby in a corner.” I muttered harshly.

“Fine! Park it somewhere around here then. Just stop being a little brat.” Akuma growled, slamming the door of her car shut and wincing a bit, looking like she regretted her own action. “I’m going to get a room for me and Alice.”

“Actually I think I can handle getting the room.” Alice said firmly from the front seat of the car and Akuma spun to face her, her ponytail barely missing my face as she moved. “The guy looks kind of creepy and you’re really pissed off. I don’t want you punching the guy in the face.” I rolled my eyes and turned away as Akuma started to argue, heading back to my baby instead, determined to park her somewhere safe but close enough to the hotel where I could keep my eye on her.

~~~~~~~~

Sam’s P.O.V

“Hey.” I cleared my throat, trying to catch the attention of my brother.

“What?” He demanded, rounding on me with a bit of a glare left in his eyes, though it was nothing close to the glare he had given Akuma.

“Go get us a room.” I muttered softly to Dean, watching as his eyes began to wander all over the place as if he was thinking hard about his next move. “Fine. But park my baby somewhere safe.” Dean grunted, tossing the keys at me before walking into the office behind Akuma. They jingled in my hand as I spun them around my finger and ducked into the driver’s seat, pulling the car into what I thought was a safe spot not too far from where we were staying. Walking back I spotted Alice unpacking Akuma’s car and changed the direction I was walking.

“Need a hand?” I asked as I reached her, my voice soft as I watched her push her bright red hair back behind her ear.

“No, I’m alright, but thanks.” She responded with a smile. I grinned in response, but frowned when I heard Akuma yelling at Dean about something yet again.

“I’ll go check it out.” I shoved my hands into my pockets and waltzed into the office building, just in time to over hear Dean telling the greasy looking creep behind the counter that he and Akuma were not travelling together. I rolled my eyes and felt a tug on my arm. Glancing down, I saw Alice’s bright eyes watching the same scene I was. She laughed lightly and pulled me down so that she could whisper in my ear.

“I have an idea…. What if we were a couple and they were here with us? For like some cheesy romantic getaway?” she asked, her green eyes holding a mischievous look. I chuckled and nodded in response and she wrapped her hand around mine, pulling me up behind Dean and Akuma.

“Hey guys.” I started before Alice cut me off with her light and playful voice.

“They totally are travelling together.” She lied, and the gross, bearded man behind the desk grinned, letting his eyes dropped to Alice’s chest. My hand tightened slightly on hers as I glared at the man, clenching my jaw rather than punching him in the face. A quick glance at Akuma told me she was trying not to launch herself at the creep.

“And you two?” He slurred, his eyes staying on Alice’s chest and causing a small pit of rage to form in my stomach.

“A room please.” I gritted through my teeth as his eyes bounced from her breasts to my face and then back to Alice. “And actually, yes.” I said wrapping my arm around Alice and pinning her arms to her side, our hands still linked together. “But they are with us, so we need two rooms.” I plastered a smile on my face and giving him a warning look with my eyes, telling him to back off my little red.

“Yes, one for us and one for them.” Alice tilted her head against my shoulder after she gestured to both Dean and Akuma for the second room.

“Okay… Let me see if anyone checked out while the other guy was in, there was only one room left before I left.” The guy said looking away from me and typing something into the old computer. My eyes darted to Dean for a moment and smirked a bit when I noticed that his face had dropped into his dry fuck you face.

“Thank you.” I said tightening my arm around Alice, my cheeks warming slightly when I noticed that she was watching me. I turned my gaze away from her and shifted my weight in an attempt to stop her from seeing the light blush on my face.

“Sorry, but we only have one room left.” The guy said looking between the four of us. “and there’s only one bed.” He cocked his eyebrow and I frowned at the perverted look on his face. This guy needed to be punched in the face and I wasn’t sure which one of us was going to crack first.

“That’s fine!” Akuma chirped with a smirk at the guy, causing him to pull his gaze from Alice’s chest, only to settle onto Akuma’s. “Those two dragged us out here so they can sleep on the floor.” She finished with a wolfish grin.

“Better make the stay for three days. We’ll let you know if we’ll be here longer. Maybe a room will open up.” I pitched in, rolling my eyes when the creep failed to lift his gaze from Akuma’s chest. After a moment of no response I glanced over at Akuma who rolled her eyes and slid closer to the counter, leaning on it and knocking the guys chin up so he was forced to look her in the eyes.

“You know if you shaved and stopped being such a greasy creep you could have a chance with a living human. But you don’t so stop staring and give us a room so you can waltz your perverted ass into the bathroom and get yourself off.” She purred, the smile on her face surprisingly seductive for what she was saying.

“Uh... Yeah.” The guy stuttered, his face reddening as he turned his attention to the computer and hitting a few buttons. “How are you paying?”

“Cash.” Akuma said, pulling out her wallet and throwing down a few bills. “We’ll be back if we have to extend the stay and to check if there’s an opening.”

“... Enjoy your stay.” The creep muttered, his face still red as he took the money and placed two room keys in Akuma’s hand. She turned and walked away immediately and I pulled Alice with me as I cut Dean off, not letting her go until we were a decent distance away from the office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my awesome co-writer Sarina.

Leave comments, reviews, subscribe, and recommend!