Sequel: Asylum
Status: Finished

Insanity

The First Meeting

Akuma POV

So we hadn’t made it at noon exactly, but I hadn’t felt like being pulled over by cops. I’d rather be half an hour late than a couple of hours. But either way it didn’t matter. I pulled into a parking stall and leaned my head back for a moment as I yawned. “You ready?” I asked my sister, opening my eyes to look at her and getting distracted at the sight of the car I had parked beside. It was a 1967 Chevy Impala, four door and black. It as gorgeous and if I could find the owner of that car I would probably kiss them. After a moment I noticed that Alice was talking and I brought my attention back to her. “Sorry, what?” I asked, running a hand through my hair so it was out of my face.

“I said ‘yeah, I’m ready.’” Alice said with a roll of her eyes. Her own red hair was pulled up into a bun but it looked like it was falling out in places, probably because she had been sleeping. “You look like you’re about to pass out.” She said, lifting an eyebrow as she watched me. I honestly felt like I was about to pass out, but I wasn’t about to worry her with that information. We needed to get started on this case. I was thinking we might visit Bobby after this, I missed him and often times he had a few hunts for us to do. Canada was pretty calm for the time being so the states could be a party. The faster we got this hunt over, the faster we would know.

“No I’m wide awake. I’ll be extra fine with some coffee.” I said, offering a smile to her and rolling my eyes at the disbelief on her face. “I’m fine Alice.” I said, grabbing my keys from the ignition and getting out of my car. I walked around to her side to admire the beauty of the car as I waited for her to get out and peaked inside out of habit. It was pretty clean inside, and the only imperfection I could find was a set of initials carved into the dashboard, something I wouldn’t have seen if I had been anyone else. At the sound of the passenger door on my car closing I straightened up and looked at my sister. “I want this car. She’s gorgeous.”

“You need to stop having eye sex with old cars Akuma.” Alice said, her voice light and joking as she bumped me with her hip. That always made me laugh, I was almost a full foot taller than her and she couldn’t reach my hip. When I wanted to do the same to her I’d have to crouch and then I would be the one falling off balance because I wasn’t used to being that low to the ground, which Alice always found hilarious. “I can see you drooling already.” She added with a wide grin, moving away from me and onto the sidewalk, her eyes glinting with the laughter she was clearly struggling to keep back.

“Oh shut up. I can appreciate her beauty, doesn’t mean I’m having eye sex with it. Just like most of the guys that see you.” I said with a smirk. She hated when men tried to hit on her. She once knocked out a guy for telling her she was more beautiful than an angel. She was smart though, she knew they just wanted sex and that wasn’t what she was after. Sometimes she had the hope for romance but it never happened. To my knowledge she’d only had one night stands a few times because she was too drunk. I was the complete opposite. I honestly didn’t care. Romance wasn’t in my books and I enjoyed getting laid. The look on her face made me grin as I walked up to the hotel room. “I hope they’re here. If I drove an entire day just to find them sleeping or already out on the case I’ll be pretty annoyed.” I said, stifling a yawn as I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, and watching Alice knock on the door.

“Well we could always pick the lock…” Alice suggested, a mischievous smile crossing her face as she moved back form the door. A movement turned my gaze to the window, letting me see a calloused hand pull away and the curtain close as Alice continued on. “And if they are asleep then we can just draw on their faces… and if they’re gone you can crash and I can get numbers from Bobby while we wait for them to get back.” She finished, though I could tell that she was only half joking. When it came to her pranks or making sure I took care of myself, sleeping in this case, she was almost always serious. I’d prefer the pranks though. I mean I was tired but I could survive for at least another two days if needed and she knew that. With another roll of my eyes, something I seemed to be doing a lot today, I turned back to the door just as it opened.

“That won’t be necessary.” The blond man said, his expression telling me he was clearly pissed. It was either at Alice’s joke, which would be childish of him, or over the fact that we were here. “You two must be Akuma and Alice. You’re late.” He said, running a hand through his hair. Other than the clothes, he looked like he had just rolled out of bed. It was probably true if they had been waiting for us.

“Yeah we are. Sorry about being late, cops get in the way sometimes.” She said in an overly cheerful voice. It was the tone she always used when she didn’t like the way people talked to her. And she was telling me to keep my temper in check. “I’m Alice and this is my sister Akuma. Though I can’t quite remember who you are, Bobby never specified who was who when he showed us pictures.” She said, making me cough out a laugh. She was terrible with names and even worse with covering up when she did forget the names.

“That’s Dean Alice. Bobby did specify, you were just too distracted.” I said in a teasing tone. She’d know I was talking about her artificial crush on Sam, and judging by the glare she turned on me she caught on easily. With a laugh I turned back to Dean and offered a smile. “Are you going to invite us in or let us stand out here all day and be of no help to you?” I asked, lifting my eyebrows at him. I wanted today to be over, if we hurried I might be able to crash early or at least grab a cup of coffee.

“… yeah of course.” Dean said, moving out of the way so we could pass. I watched him as I moved into the room and smirked at the way he ran his eyes over both of us, starting with me and ending with Alice. By the look on his face it was a mixture of checking us out and trying to figure out how we could be related. It happened a lot, and he earned the glare from Alice that she gave to any man that checked her out when she didn’t want to be. It usually earned quite a funny reaction.

“You must be Sam then.” I said to the man with the shaggy brown hair and long, lanky legs. “It’s nice to finally meet you two, Bobby’s told us a lot about you.” I said, holding my hand out to him so he could shake it, giving his hand a light squeeze when he grabbed it. He simply nodded back at me and looked back to the computer on the table. I had seen Alice in the same state before, he must have a lead or something.

“But Bobby hasn’t said anything about you.” Dean said, moving to the fridge and grabbing a beer, though his eyes barley left mine once I turned to face him again. “He’s mentioned you a couple of times but he’s never talked about you in great detail.” He said, stating it in a way that let me know he wanted answers. Most hunters would want answers, but I wasn’t about to give up the information he wanted, I’d prefer to stay alive.

“Well that’s probably because there isn’t a lot to talk about when it comes to us. We’re stuck in Canada most of the time. We hunt. Bobby hasn’t known us as long as he’s known you. I only met him when I was sixteen and dragged Alice along a couple of years later.” I said, tilting my head a bit and lifting my eyebrows at him, a challenge to argue with that. It wasn’t a lie like he was probably expecting. I told him what he needed to know, only keeping out the things that were on a need to know basis only. “But whatever problems you have with not knowing a lot about us can be ignored until later. We have more important things to discuss, like this case.” I said, a smirk crossing my face at the annoyed look on Dean’s face and the short chuckle that came from the direction of Sam.

“Bobby said it was a demonic possession.” Alice said, picking up where I left off which gave me time to walk past Dean and sit in the chair that was placed across the table from Sam. “Are you sure about that?” She asked.

“Of course we’re sure.” Sam said, his voice calm as he interrupted whatever Dean had been about to say. “If we weren’t we wouldn’t have said anything to Bobby.” He said, straightening up in his chair and looking at Alice with a slight lift of his eyebrows.

“It doesn’t hurt to double check; everyone makes mistakes.” I said, stretching out my legs and leaning back with a small yawn. “Just fill us in on what you know so we can avoid all of the confusion and mixed signals.”

“We found sulfur on the door that was opened on the plane, the EMF reading on it was insane.” Sam said, standing up and walking to the fridge and grabbing a beer for himself. He was a lot taller than I was expecting and, judging by the look on her face, Alice had the same thought. The pictures we had seen were obviously old and we had known that when we saw them, but the difference from when that picture was taken and now was pretty ridiculous. I had no idea how he got that tall compared to his brother. Probably genes that skipped a sibling or something like that. “Other than that we know that a survivor checked himself into a psych ward.” He said, returning to his computer and typing something in before showing us the screen, an image of the said survivor. “He thought his mind was playing tricks on him.”

“What kind of tricks?” I asked, lifting my gaze from the computer to first Sam and then to Dean before turning back to the computer to read the report, frowning a bit as I read, the official report said something about a manic episode and possibly a schizophrenic break, both of which apparently ran in his family.

“He claimed that the man who opened the door had pure black eyes. Just to be sure it wasn’t a ghost or anything I asked if the man had disappeared. The victim said that the man was a passenger. He wouldn’t say anything after that.” Sam explained, meeting my eyes for a moment as I pushed the computer back to him.

“Fantastic.” I said sarcastically, chewing my lip as I thought. They’ probably need to do an exorcism and I’d need a reason to get the hell out of the room while they did that, though that could prove difficult. Hopefully the chaos was enough but you never know. If anything Alice would have my back. “So is there anyone else you want to talk to?”

“The guy who called for help on the case has a friend that was a pilot on the first crash.” Dean said, running a hand through his hair again. He was just making it messier but he probably wasn’t concerned about that. It could be a stress habit… not that it mattered. I needed to concentrate on the case. “So we want to talk to him. He could give us some information.”

“Alright so what’s the plan?” I asked, standing up and stretching. I could use coffee, it sounded pretty good right about now, an extra-large one from Tim Hortons, it sucked that they didn’t have them this far down into the states. They needed to fix that problem. “Do you have his number or are we just going to stop by for a surprise visit?”
“We usually just-” Dean started, only to be cut off by the ringing of a phone on the counter. With a frown he walked over and grabbed it, picking it up and walking off a bit to talk on the phone.

“What Dean was going to say is that we usually just stop by for a surprise visit” Sam said, typing something else onto his computer as he spoke. “So we should get onto that soon.”

“Yeah we should. I said with a nod, running a hand through my hair, pushing it back so it was out of my ace. I enjoyed the length but sometimes it was a pain in the ass. “I’ll go get a room for us two so we can all change and get ready to go.” I said, sliding my hands into my pockets and nodding at Sam before walking out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

Deans POV

“There’s been a change of plans. We aren’t going to visit Chuck. We have to go to Jerry’s office.” I said, running a hand through my hair with a sigh. This demon was wreaking havoc and showed no signs of stopping, not that I expected it would.

“Why can’t we visit Chuck?” Sam asked, though the look on his face told me he already knew, but was hoping for a different answer.

“He was in another plane crash, but he didn’t survive this one.” I said with a sigh, fidgeting with the bottom of my jacket. “So we need to see Jerry to talk things over with him.”

Sam nodded and ran a hand through his own hair. “Alice, can you go get Akuma? We need to get going. Do you want to ride with us or follow behind?” He asked, and I glared at him, I wasn’t going to act as a taxi service.

“We should probably go with you. Akuma drove just over twenty four hours straight to get here in time.” She said, standing up and stretching. “I’ll go get her… I’ll be back in a few minutes.” She said, walking out of the room.

“Who said you could offer up my car to cart them around?” I asked the moment the door shut. “I’m sure they’d be fine to drive themselves.” I said, ignoring the eye roll he gave me and gathering some papers and grabbing my gun off of the table.

“Did you even look at Akuma? She can barely stand.” Sam said, meeting my eyes with a warning look. “At least try to be civil, you don’t have to be such an ass. Bobby is the one who said that we needed help, they didn’t make the decision.” He said, shutting down his computer and standing up. “So back off.” He finished, walking out of the room.

“Bobby deciding that we need help has nothing to do with this. And I’m not being an ass. I just don’t really trust them.” I said, taking long strides to keep up with him. His long legs were annoying.

Maybe I was being pissy because Bobby decided we needed help, but he could have sent someone we know, instead of two strange girls that I don’t know. “Besides, it’s my car. I decide who I want to drive around.”

“So tell them they have to drive then” Sam said, waving at the girls as they walked out of a room a few doors down. They had changed into clean clothes and Akuma did look nice, but just because she was hot I wasn’t going to pretend to like her.

I was just about to open my mouth to reply to Sam when I noticed Akuma’s eyes widen when they landed on baby. “No fucking way, this is yours?” She demanded, turning her eyes to me. “She’s gorgeous.” She said before turning to Alice. “I changed my mind, we can ride with them.”

“… Great. Get in then.” I said, watching the girls slide into the back and Sam get into the passenger seat before sliding into the driver’s side and starting the engine before taking off, turning up the radio so there wouldn’t be a chance for much conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally fleshed this one out. The next one may take a while because I need to re-watch the episode and go from there, I'm also rewriting it completely rather than editing and only rewriting parts, not to mention the massive work load from university.

Let me know if you think it's too long, could be longer, etc. Comment, subscribe, and recommend please :) I hope you enjoyed.