Sequel: Asylum
Status: Finished

Insanity

Search and Destroy

Alice’s P.O.V.

I bounced uneasily on the balls of my feet and rolled my neck again, whipping around and kicking the makeshift punching bag that I had made the other day to deal with my growing anger. The voices were picking up again when I wasn’t having nightmares and I was having issues not snapping at everyone. The past month had been insanely stressful and nothing was getting better, every day it was getting worse and worse with no hints as to where John was and still no contact from Akuma. I wasn’t sure what she was up to but it was driving me crazy. I dropped my leg and bounced back a bit, rolling my shoulders and preparing for another kick when I heard Sam’s phone go off. With a sigh I walked over and picked it up, frowning at the unknown number before flipping it open and pressing it to my ear. “Hello?”

“Is Sam Winchester there?” Came the reply from a soft female voice and I bit back a comment that would have been made out of spite that some random female was calling him, it could be a hunter or something and I wasn’t going to be petty. It wasn’t like I was dating Sam or anything s

“No, he’s not. Can I take a message?” My voice was a little more sour than I had intended it to be, but I was in no mood to take shit from anybody right now. Sam would be back soon and it would be easy to get him but I felt like making life difficult. It had been one of those months.

“It’s about his father.” My breath stopped short in my chest. Surprise crossing my face as I glanced to the covered window as I heard the roar of the Impala roll up into the parking lot. I bit down on my lip and shifted my weight, knowing it would probably be best and easiest to just give the phone to Sam, but I leaned against the back of the couch instead

“Well I’m on that hunt, so let me know and I’ll let him know.” I pulled my messy hair back with one hand before letting it fall back into place, trying to cool myself off at her insistence to talk to him. I was obviously friends with and working with him if I was answering his phone and talking about being on the hunt, this woman could just as easily tell me. I didn’t get why it was such a big deal that she talked to Sam instead of me, it’s not like it was top secret if she was telling me what it was about.

“I need to speak with him.” The voice was urgent on the other end and I grumbled a bit before crossing the room and tossing the door open, coming face to chest with Dean who looked like he had been about to open the door to the room. He lifted his eyebrows as he looked down at me, looking as if he hadn’t slept lately, which was probably true.

“Fine... “I pushed past Dean quickly and strode out to the car, still in my sports bra and spandex shorts. Sam was unloading some bags of groceries as I called to him. “Sam. Phone.” I handed him the device and took some of the bags in for him. When I came back out to get the rest of the stuff I stopped, slightly concerned about the shocked and worried expression that had formed on his face.

“Thank you.” Sam hung up the phone as his worried eyes fell to me and then darted over to Dean who stood in the doorway looking confused. “I don’t know who that was but she said that she knows where dad is…”

“And you trust this mysterious woman.... who has all of the answers…?” Dean mocked and I grinned slightly, there was something in the woman’s voice that put me off... but that was probably just because I have been on edge since the voices in my head had come back. They had gotten louder and louder almost every day and sometimes while I had tried to sleep. Some of them tried to show me things, like visions maybe, and others were screaming their best answers for the last few situations; but every once and a while they would be calmed down and shushed by the calm voice of a man that I couldn’t quite recognize. I pulled myself back to the conversation as Sam spoke again.

“Well it’s better than nothing. Obviously it’s sketchy so we’ll go in prepared for an ambush, but he could be there so we can’t totally ditch the idea.” He sounded a bit angry and frustrated as he spoke and I ran a hand through my hair again, stretching my small body and groaning softly as my sore muscles stretched. Sam was right and we should at least check it out, even if it was totally random and might not be the best idea in the world. I rolled my shoulders again and turned to Dean, watching him open his mouth and rolling my eyes at him. He was really argumentative about this, I would’ve thought that he would’ve jumped on any opportunity to find his dad.

“There will probably be demons there. We’re gunna need everything we can pack these sons of bitches with. Salt, holy water, silver, the whole shebang.” I cracked my knuckles excitedly. I needed to get out of this room and give something a good beating, a hunt would take my mind off Akuma and how selfish she was being.

“The colt?” Dean almost choked out, maybe he was nervous about having this secret weapon. He shifted his weight a bit and glanced around, almost like he was scared a demon would hear and pop out to try and steal the weapon. I rolled my eyes a bit at his reaction but nodded in agreement with his idea to take the gun, it would be helpful if yellow eyes or any other demon was there.

“I don’t think we should risk bringing it, what if we get ambushed. We can’t lose it now, we are so close.” Sam argued and I lifted my eyebrows at him. We wouldn’t lose it, we’d use it and save at least one bullet for the yellow eyed asshole that had taken their father and killed their mother. It would be easier to bring it, but I wasn’t about to get into the middle of this fight.

“But what if the demon is there and what if we need it. It’s better to be safe-” Dean continued, his voice dropping a bit. He sounded a bit pissed that Sam wasn’t going to give it any thought, which made sense. I was annoyed too. I shifted my weight and shivered a bit, the cool air slowly drying the sweat on my skin, making me a bit cold.

“- Than sorry, yeah yeah. I get it. Alright, fine.” Sam ran a hand through his hair, turning his attention to me and watching me for a moment before turning back to his brother. “Get the car ready, we’re leaving as soon as Alice has her shower.” He muttered, rocking back on his heels and I rolled my eyes at him. I would have been fine leaving right this second. I don’t care about how I smell I’d end up sweating while taking down these demon bastards anyways. I just wanted the action and to take things out on something more solid than a makeshift punching bag.

“Thanks for considering my personal hygiene.” I grumbled sarcastically before I ran a hand through my hair and turned, heading back into the hotel room. Having a shower would give them some time to get shit together and I was always more clear headed which would be preferable for a hunt of this risk. I felt a twinge of anger mixed with pain when I thought about how useful my sister could be. Even if I was pissed that she had gotten scared and abandoned me, I still missed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam’s POV

“Dean, there was something else.” I called, following my brother as he stepped into the room. He stopped and turned to me, lifting his eyebrows high. I wasn’t sure how he was going to react to this news, he could be angry or upset but I couldn’t exactly tell Alice. She’d want to run off for that and we needed her help to find dad… it was tricky but Dean could deal with things after we found dad and made sure he was safe. I wasn’t sure what was going on with Akuma but I wasn’t sure how Alice would react or what she would do but I was sure Dean would be careful, whereas Alice might be a bit reckless. Besides if Akuma had started working with Yellow Eyes then Dean wouldn’t hesitate to take her down and out.

“Yeah?” He tossed his bag on the bed and started to pack while waiting for an answer. I hesitated for a moment, listening to the water of the shower and turning my gaze around the room before back at my brother, taking a steady breath before I went to speak. “Well, care to enlighten me?” He pressed, stopping what he was doing and looking at me, clearly impatient. I understood, I wanted to get to dad too.

“Uhm, the woman said that she also knows where Akuma is…” I spat out, making sure that my voice was low enough that there wasn’t a chance for Alice to overhear. Dean lifted his eyebrows at me and I shifted my weight, looking away before back again, trying to let him register it. He looked kind of shocked as he spoke.

“Come again?” Dean tilted his head, crossing his arms over his chest almost protective like. I could tell that it made him uncomfortable, speaking about Akuma after she had abandoned us.

“She said that they were in the same town, and that’s all. She could be hunting or something, but the way that she was saying it…” I sighed, running a hand over my mouth and cracking my neck. On the phone the woman had sounded like she was worried but it seemed forced. I could hear a sneer in her voice as if she didn’t find it important information but either way she told me. “I don’t know, it was weird. I think there might be something bigger than we thought going on here.”

“Oh. Are you sure? I mean this all seems very off putting. First dad and now this. I think there is something going on. Sammy, I don’t like this, this whole thing stinks with trap.” Dean muttered, keeping his arms crossed over his chest. If it was possible he looked more defensive than before. I still wasn’t sure if we had convinced him that Akuma wasn’t a demon so he could be reacting to that. I couldn’t say that the worry that she’d joined with her kind hadn’t crossed my mind but I refused to believe it. Alice believed in her staying good and sticking to the human act; she was convinced that Akuma had just gotten scared and ran off and I was going to keep that as the reason until proven otherwise.

“Well, no matter what happens we are still going to Jefferson City, Missouri. Just to check it out.” I pushed, moving and grabbing my stuff, throwing it into my bag as the shower shut off. “Just do me a favour and keep that to yourself, it could cause her to get reckless.” I muttered as I passed my brother, still not wanting Alice to overhear. If she overheard anything, things would get complicated fast and that was the last thing that I wanted to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dean’s P.O.V.

I turned away from my little brother briefly to grab both of our bags before looking back at him and waggling my eyebrows as Alice opened the door; before running out of the room, intending to ditch him in here with Alice while she was either naked or just in a towel due to her clean clothes still being in her open bag. The effort was clearly useless because he followed after me immediately and punched me in the shoulder as I hurried out the door. Alice flung the door open and called us in once she was dressed.

“So are you ready for this? There could be demons, and lots of them.” Sam said, slipping his hands into his pockets and looking down at the small redhead in front of us. She gave him a look that said she agreed and quickly flicked her gaze to me before looking back at Sam, tilting her head to the side and adjusting her sweatpants before she spoke.

“I’m obviously ready.” She started before pausing for a moment, chewing on her lip. I rolled my eyes and ran a hand through my hair, the want to find my father filling my chest, and possibly Akuma, as fast as possible. If this tip was even true. “How is Dean taking it?” She questioned and I turned back to her, lifting my eyebrows and narrowing my eyes as I looked at her.

“I am right here.” I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest again and staring at her and waiting for a reply, turning my glare on Sam as he laughed.

“Well, you don’t know how to express your feelings so…” Alice giggled and I rolled my eyes again opening my mouth to say something but rolling my shoulders back and grabbing the bags off of the bed instead. I turned and walked out of the room without saying anything, closing the door behind me and listening to the quiet mumbling for a second before I popped open baby’s trunk and dropped our bags in, slowly moving to the driver’s side and getting in, leaving the trunk open for Alice. I glanced at my phone, saw nothing, and groaned, wishing there would be some news from Akuma or Bobby or someone.

I sat alone for a few minutes and thought about the new information about Akuma that Sam had mentioned, not sure if it’s good or bad. A pit was forming in my stomach the more I thought about it, wondering if I was right all along or if I was wrong and that she just happened to be there by coincidence... or if it was because she’s in trouble. I kind of wanted to believe that I was right because deep down I didn’t really want to worry about her, but maybe she had gotten the same information as we had and had decided to stop being a bitch and ignoring us… but that didn’t make sense. Maybe she was a demon and joining yellow eyes, but maybe she was just there by coincidence… I really didn’t want to think about her being in trouble. It made my stomach turn and made me feel sick, though I wasn’t sure why I had that reaction. I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of baby’s trunk closing and turned my head, watching as Sam and Alice both got into the car as I unclenched my fists and lifted one hand to the steering wheel, using the other to start her.

“I think we should settle down and do some research before we burst through the door guns blazing.” Sam cleared his throat before he spoke, sounding a bit hesitant to throw out the idea as he looked between me and Alice, who had leaned forward to lean on the seat between us. I looked back at the road and stayed silent, opting to let Alice speak instead. I was still a bit unsure about this but we all wanted to save Dad and as long as we had the colt we would be fine, even if Sam didn’t fully agree with it. He had said fine earlier but the look on his face that he was going to argue about it later or just take it from me. I wasn’t about to let that happen, we needed the weapon on this hunt.

“That’s a good idea, we can find our way in and out before we actually put this thing into motion.” Alice finally piped up and I glance in the rear-view mirror to see her smiling a bit and staring at Sam. I lifted my eyebrows a bit at the look on her face and smirked a bit, turning my attention back to the road, a new thought crossing my mind.

“And when we do go in there and it’s all a giant trap, what are we going to do then?” I questioned, shifting my one hand on the wheel and rubbing my free one on my leg, trying to somewhat hide my agitation and irritation. I don’t know who this mystery woman giving us information was but I wish we had more to go off of, especially since I now had to worry about Akuma being there as well. She could have told Sam if Akuma was in danger or not… if she didn’t Akuma was probably fine and just there by coincidence… or because I was right about her being a demon and being there to help yellow eyes.

“Dean, I actually think that the woman on the phone was telling the truth. I mean, sure, we don’t know if she’s human or not and I know demons lie and stuff, but she sounded like, I don’t know... concerned. And she was speaking rather quietly and quickly. Which makes me think that maybe she has more information.” Sam pushed, sounding agitated with me, though there was a bit of hope in his voice. I didn’t know where he always found the energy to be hopeful and positive about everything. I tried that once, it was exhausting. I cracked my neck, refusing to take my eyes off the road but kind of wishing Akuma was here to back me up, mystery information from a mystery person was never a solid foundation to go off of.

“Did you try calling her back?” Alice questioned beside my ear and I jumped a bit, having forgotten that she was there. I turned my head and looked at her, meeting her eyes for a second before we both turned to Sam, waiting for his answer.

“It was a burner phone and the number was untraceable.” He ran a hand over his mouth and looked between the both of us, looking like he was preparing to argue with us. I stared at him for a moment longer, ready to argue about the situation but got cut off by his puppy dog eyes and rolled my eyes instead, opting to keep my eyes on the road for as long as possible from now on. I could never argue when he gave me those damn eyes that he’d mastered when he was like five. They were just so cute, it was so damned annoying.

“Perfect.” I grumbled, wrapping my hand tighter around the wheel and lifting my other hand to mess with the radio before placing it on the wheel as well. The faster we found dad, the faster this hunt was over, and the better this would be for all of us.

“Well, when we do go to get John, we need to pack light but, enough so that we can, you know, not die!” Alice rushed, the sound of her body hitting leather following a sigh.

“You mean the colt?” I suggested again, my eyes flicking across the road, keeping a lookout for animals. I heard Sam let out a frustrated noise before a soft thump signaled that his head hit the head rest. I rolled my shoulders and rubbed my hands over the steering wheel and taking a deep breath in through my nose, my eyes flicking to the rear-view mirror to see that Alice was giving the back of Sam’s head a glare.

“We are not bringing the colt into that whole mess. We are keeping for the Yellow Eyed demon. We need to kill it and the colt is the only way. We are not going to waste any bullets.” Sam hissed through his teeth as I returned my eyes to the stereo, changing the settings so that it was playing one of my many AC/DC tapes.

“Sam, what if Yellow Eyes is there with dad? We will need it then.” I growled, tilting my head to look at him again and meeting his frustrated gaze with my own. He got on me about following dad’s orders too strictly earlier and now he was following them too much. If we need to use the gun then we’d use it. We had to save our dad and if he wasn’t going to do things properly then I wouldn’t be giving him a choice.

“I don’t think that he would be there with John, I mean, he probably knows that we are on our way. If anything he would have left town or went into hiding. I’m hoping that John knows something or overheard the demons talking about where this yellow eyed asshole is.” Alice interjected, her voice calm as she spoke. Neither I nor Sam replied and I turned up the radio instead. The drive kept my mind distracted after we all lapsed into silence and it was a nice break from everything that had been going on lately. I suppressed a groan as we reached the town and I had to pull into a motel parking lot, cutting baby’s engine and turning to Sam. “Are we even going to need a motel room?” I questioned, wanting to launch into things right away.

“Well, we will need to get everything ready, and it’s easier to have a room and lay out our plan in a quiet place.” Sam stated, not really leaving any room for argument as I twisted so I could see both of them, my eyes staying on Sam. He was right, we needed to plan and save as many bullets from the colt as possible. It was a last resort and things would be easier with an escape route, but that required knowing the layout of the place, which we weren’t even one hundred percent sure on yet.

“Doesn’t Bobby have a cabin around here?” Alice questioned from where she sat, curled into the seat with her legs pulled to her chest. She was rubbing her eyes as if she had just woken up.

“Yeah maybe he does. But that’s a little farther out of town and I’d rather be close, you know.” I muttered, if we were going to take time and plan this was going to be the best place to do it. I wanted to be close so we could get to the problem faster and deal with it faster, I didn’t want dad being left with demons or anyone else for any longer than needed. I wanted to get him out of there and to a safe place… and then we needed to focus on Akuma.

“Let’s say that if shit goes down and we all get separated or something, the cabin will be our safe house, we can all regroup there.” Sam muttered, shoving his hair back and away from his face, his brows furrowing as he spoke.

“That’s a great idea, you never know if things are going to go south or not.” Alice said before she slipped out of the car. We followed suit and I opened the trunk to baby, watching Sam walk into the office of the motel. After a few minutes Sam was out and holding the room keys before leading the way to the room. It didn’t take very long to get settled into our different areas, Sam and Alice had their computers open and were looking at things while I was cleaning the guns and making sure we had the right weapons in the bag. It had lapped into a comfortable but stressed silence for a few minutes before it was broken by the shrill ring of Sam’s phone.

“Hello?” Sam questioned before putting the phone on speaker for all of us to hear. I was curious as to if this was the woman that he had spoken to before and he looked hopeful that it was as well. I put down the gun that I held in my hand and stood, walking over as Alive shut her computer and looked forward, her green eyes lighting up with what looked like a good mix of curiosity and excitement.

“Hiya Sammy! You remember me right?” Came the purred, creepy response. I watched as Alice’s face morphed into anger and flicked my gaze to Sam, watching him frown, confusion crossing his face as he thought. “Bus station, we shared a granola bar.” The woman pressed, sounding completely annoyed. I frowned and looked at Sam closely, he never mentioned a woman, only that they had been at a bus station while me and Akuma were hunting down that creepy scarecrow. His face filled with more confusion and he met my eyes before he glanced at Alice and I followed suit, raising my eyebrows at how dark her face looked.

“Meg?” Sam asked, running a hand over his face as he waited for a reply.

“Good boy. Now I heard that a little birdie got a hold of you and spilled the beans on dear old dad?” This Meg woman growled, her voice taking a dark turn. I grabbed the last chair from the table and pulled it out, taking a seat and crossing my arms over my chest, keeping my gaze on the phone as it would somehow give me a look at this person who was harassing us.

“What?” Sam asked, sounding kind of like a broken record with all of his questions, though this one did sound like more of a demand than a question. This day was just getting better and better.

“Hmm, how should I put this? Never trust a demon, Sammy. They could be everywhere, they could be anyone.” She giggled, her voice getting creeper with every word. I had no idea how or why she found out Sam’s name or why they chatted at the bus station, but she must have been a lot nicer and way more approachable. What she said brought back my suspicions of Akuma but I shook it off, she was clearly talking about herself and possibly the other woman who had called Sam earlier.

“I knew there was something wrong with that creepy bitch.” Alice finally growled, her voice low and dark as well. I looked over at her, taking in the way she was glaring at the phone and lifted my eyebrows. She looked pissed and annoyed by the situation but there was a bit of jealousy mixed in on her face. I bit back a comment on it and looked at Sam, taking in the shocked and somewhat pissed look on his face as well.

“Oh goodie, the little twat is there too...anyways, as I was saying. You’re good for nothing father is dead so don’t bother looking for him. He paid his price, with blood, and I’m coming for you next. You are your little dog, don’t worry Toto, I’ll skin you quickly.” In the background behind the laughter that came from Meg, the sound of a door being pounded on echoed loudly over the speaker. I felt anger rise in my chest at her words about Dad, and even more so when she said she was coming for Sam and Alice. I cracked my knuckles and looked between Sam and Alice before away. She could be lying but if she wasn’t I wouldn’t hesitate to use a bullet from the colt to put right between her eyebrows when we found her. If she killed my father she would fucking pay.

“Meg, you lying demon bitch, shut the fuck up!” More pounding came from the other end of the phone call followed by a woman’s voice. Sounds of shattering glass, cracking wood, and metal on metal filled our deathly quiet room, the sounds were muffled for a few seconds while I exchanged glances with everyone again. A sudden screech brought my attention back to the phone with a jolt. “I’ll see you in Hell!!” The voice screamed in the background. “Sunrise Apartments, room 304, go now.” The voice spoke into phone after a long silence, the sound of the dial tone following the words.

~~~~~~~~~

Alice’s P.O.V.

The drive to the apartments took about ten minutes with Dean speeding hard. I was bouncing in the seat, ready to launch myself out of the car and at any demons that got in our way. I knew it wouldn’t happen right away because they were probably in the room with John, but that didn’t really matter. The apartments looked pretty full when we arrived and I leaned forward between the seats, exchanging a look with the two boys before we all slid out of the car. I wasn’t sure how but we needed to evacuate the building. I was about to suggest something when Sam muttered to Dean and took off inside of the building, emerging a few minutes later as the sound of a fire alarm went off. “Nice one.” I said once he reached us, giving him a soft smile before glancing away towards the building.

“We got seven minutes get our shit into gear before the firemen get here.” Dean cleared his throat, moving to the back of the impala and opening the trunk, bringing out the bag of weapons that had been packed back at the hotel. He unzipped it and started throwing more things from the trunk into it, a look of determination on his face.

“I saw a storage closet in there, get everything you can carry and I’ll hide it in there.” Sam said, moving forward and grabbing another bag, adding some more things that could be necessary to help with this form of attack. I turned my attention to the building again, watching panicked and confused people flowing out, though it seemed that the flow was slowing down.

“How are we going to get in after-” I started, narrowing my eyes at Sam when he waved me away and interrupted me. I watched him zip up the two bags and lift them onto his shoulders and turn to his brother as he spoke.

“I have a plan for that too.” Sam chuckled as he faced his brother, shifting his weight and looking down between both of us before continuing, looking like he found a joke in the middle of this crazy situation. “Dean, you’ve always wanted to be a firefighter, right? Well now is your time to play.” Dean smiled as he held his brother’s shoulder. The soft sound of sirens wailed in the background, which was our signal to get the bags into the storage room. I took a deep breath as more people started to pour out of the building, apparently not catching the importance of the situation until they heard the fire trucks getting closer. I watched as Sam ducked past them and inside of the building, his huge frame briefly filling the door and stopping the flow of people. I moved closer to Dean as the last of the people filed out, not wanting to get trampled by the people trying to get further and further away from the building and what they presumed was a fire.

The fire trucks pulled up to a stop not long after and Dean turned to look down at me a determined look on his face. “I’m going to distract the firemen. You go get the suits.” He instructed, I gave him a small nod and waited until the firemen had piled out of the vehicles, some of them looking confused as they looked at the building. “Hey listen, how long is this thing gunna take, I got a yorkie upstairs and he pees when he’s nervous.” I heard Dean call out to one of the men and I rolled my eyes trying to hide my chuckle as I turned and snuck up the one of the trucks, easily reaching one of the compartments. My fingers were swift and easy on the lock as I picked it open. Grabbing three different sets of gear for all of us to wear, I somehow managed to find one that was somewhat closer to my size. I quickly changed before I peeked around the truck and gave Dean a quick thumbs up, ducking away again and handing him a suit as he changed, taking the last suit from me and leading the way into the apartment complex.

Sam met us by the storage room and quickly changed as we grabbed the bags and pulled out a few weapons, and stowing them in the outfits to keep us safe as we moved through the building. I glanced over to Dean as he nodded for me to ascend the staircase, both him and Sam behind me. I pushed through the third floor door, pulling out my gun and aiming it down the hallway for protection. Sam, copying my moves, aimed down the opposite hall, we nodded at each other and Dean pulled out his EMF meter as we walked up to the door that the mysterious woman had called out over the phone. I glanced to Dean and he put his gun away, pulling out two small bottles of holy water and giving one to me. Sam gave the door a once over before kicking it in, cracking the wood as if it was nothing, stepping to the side while Dean and I pushed through and sprayed the two people that ran at us yelling. They hissed and cowered away as the water burned their skin, steam rising up as I backed off so that Sam and Dean could grab them. The two of them literally threw them into the closet, in the meantime I grabbed the salt and lined the open door that Sam had smashed, the closet door, and the window across from the small kitchen, leaving no way for any more demons to get through. I pulled off my mask and tossed it to the floor, sucking in air now that I was finally able to breathe normally.

“Bedroom.” I pointed, and Dean put his ear up to the door, listening for movement. After a minute he reached down and twisted the doorknob slowly, his eyes flicking to Sam with a ‘this is it’ look. He carefully pushed the door open, and there on the bed was John Winchester, lying unconscious on the bed. I took a few steps forward but stopped, letting the boys run for their dad. I stood back and watched Dean fuss over his father, though Sam stopped after a moment, digging in one of the bags. “What are you doing?” I asked with a small frown.

“We need to test him with holy water. He could be possessed too.” Sam muttered and I nodded in response, running a hand through my hair and completely taking off the fireman outfit as Sam and Dean had earlier. Sam made a quick process of spraying John, looking for any signs of steam, looking satisfied when he saw none. “We have to go.” He muttered urgently, and I watched as Dean lifted his dad, Sam helping move their father as well. I led the way out of the window, setting up the fire escape so they could easily get down to the ground without having too many complications while they had to half carry John. Once we were all on the ground I ran ahead of boys, trying to keep a lookout for any potential threats; I wasn’t sure how I didn’t see him but I ran straight into a solid wall of flesh, stumbling back to see a tall man with black eyes. He lifted his hand like he was about to knock me out of the way but was stopped by Sam running forward and shoving the man back with the full force of his body. In response the man waved his hand, knocking Sam out of the way hard enough to send him flying into a wall where he hit the ground, rendering him unconscious. I was about to move forward and attack but was stopped by the sound of a gunshot ringing out, echoing in the alley as the guy’s body flickered before he collapsed. I gave Dean a quick, confused look before I moved to help Sam up, ushering everyone into the impala.

“We should head to the cabin.” I suggested, leaning forward from the backseat as Dean started the engine and took off. “They might know we checked in at the motel… we have everything that we need anyways.” I continued, watching as Dean nodded. We all lapsed into silence as he drove, not taking very long to reach the cabin. The boys settled John into a bed, finally catching a breath after the very stressful day as I salted the doors and windows just for extra protection. I collapsed onto the couch and rubbed my eyes feeling the exhaustion wash over me. The voices were down to a murmur for now, but that doesn’t mean that they will stay like that for long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an update. We might have another one up tonight, but maybe tomorrow. We'll see :)