Sequel: Asylum
Status: Finished

Insanity

Daddy's Devil Trap

Dean’s P.O.V.

“I just have to go grab a couple more things for this… I’ll be back soon.” I muttered, shoving my hand into my pocket and grabbing my keys. I ran my free hand over my face and sighed as I walked out of the room, hoping that the warehouse complex Akuma was supposed to be at was close by; I didn’t want this to take a very long time. I wasn’t sure if she had actually run off at this point or had been kidnapped, but she would be useful in this hunt and it would be easier to deal with Alice if her sister was around. I sat in Baby and checked the map, relaxing a bit but frowning when I realized just how close the place was. If she was there by will she could be in on whatever was going on with my dad… which wouldn’t make sense if she wasn’t a human. I ran a hand through my hair, the thoughts swirling in my mind, giving me a small headache as I started Baby and took off, driving towards the complex.I slowed down as I reached them, looking into the different lots for any sign that she was in one of them. I was almost ready to give up when I reached the last and most secluded and beaten down warehouse in the yard. Her car was parked outside and frankly, it looked like it hadn’t moved in weeks, making me slightly worried but also curious. I parked Baby and walked up to Akuma’s car, looking inside. I frowned at the sight of her duffle bag on the floor of the backseat, completely unopened. I pulled on the door and yanked it open, crawling in and looking around frowning when my hand hit something hard and flaky. Pulling away revealed that it was old, dried blood and I crawled out again, wiping my hands off on my pants before heading towards the door of the warehouse. I was about to pull the door open when someone pushed it out towards me, forcing me to step back but I caught a glimpse of the room side that almost looked to be filled with torture instruments.

I pulled my eyes away from the room when the door closed and looked at the man that had stepped out of the room. He was the same height and build as me, blond, and had blue eyes that quickly melted into black as a smirk crossed his face. “Are you here for the whore?” He growled, his words coming out animalistic and he laughed as he spoke. I took a step back to better size him up. “Well… you’re too late. She’ll probably be dead before you can even get in there. Don’t you agree that she deserves it?” He laughed, giving me a dark grin. I hadn’t decided what I wanted to do yet but by the time that he had finished talking I was on him, my fists pounding into his flesh. There was a moment when I had thrown him onto the ground and was kneeling over top of him, my fists connecting with his face over and over again. I wasn’t sure when or if he had smoked out all I knew was that I was pissed and this demon ass hole needed to die, even if I couldn’t actually kill him this way. I pulled away after a while and shook out my hands, not bothering to clean the blood off of my knuckles before I pulled the door open, taking a moment to flip on the lights, freezing at what I saw.

Akuma was laying on a table, strapped down and naked, covered in blood. Her skin was paler than I had ever seen it and from this distance I couldn’t tell if she was even breathing. I forced myself to move forward and took a few deep breaths, carefully moving her hair away from her neck, placing my fingers softly against her skin, relaxing instantly when I felt a shallow pulse. It was faint but it was there. I braced myself before turning my attention to her wounds, feeling a fresh wave of anger rising in my chest at the sight of her arms torn open and a burn of what looked like an upside down cross next to a deep cut right between her hips. Everything else seemed to be minor cuts with a few deep purple bruises like the one across her face. I made a quick survey of the room and grabbed some string and a needle from one of the many tables filled with blood covered items. I had no idea what else they had planned for her but I felt like a dick for thinking she ran off when all along she was suffering here for a month. The stitching was quick and crude and she made a few moans of pain that made me cringe but they needed to be closed until I could get her back to the cabin and properly take care of her, I couldn’t risk letting more blood flow. I sucked in another breath and smoothed her hair back from her face, a strange feeling pulling at my heart as her eyes fluttered, a flash of blue showing before they closed again. There was no sign of clothes for her in the room when I looked before so I slid off my over shirt, setting it to the side before I carefully unstrapped her, easily finding the key for the shackles and unlocking them, frowning slightly at the burn marks on her wrists and ankles but brushing it off as I carefully held her up, taking another deep breath and wincing as she groaned again. It wasn’t hard to slide her arms into the shirt or to lift her up, but every step I took was slow and careful so I wouldn’t hurt her any more than she was. She looked troubled and scared even as she slept, another dreadful pull of raw emotion tugged at my heart. I considered grabbing her clothes from her car but decided it would be easier to put her in a pair of my own sweats so that they would be looser and hopefully not rub on her wounds as bad. I held her close to my chest as we reached Baby and carefully opened the back door, setting her down and digging through my bag, pulling out a pair of sweats and carefully sliding them onto her, running a hand through my hair and sighing in frustration. For the rest of the drive back, I was pretty sure I was speeding well over the speed limit but I didn’t care, I kept glancing back to Akuma as she groaned and swayed her head back and forth. My stomach sinking low in my core making feel sick enough to puke with worry.

~~~~~~~~

Alice’s P.O.V

“Sam, can I tell you something?” I questioned, biting down on my bottom lip and staring up at the younger Winchester, hoping he would be able to help me. He looked down at me, a bit confused but gave a nod and a welcoming smile, turning so he was completely facing me.

“Yeah, anything.” Sam answered, sliding his hands into his pockets and keeping his eyes locked on mine as he spoke, helping me relax a little more as I prepared myself. I hadn’t been able to talk to anyone about the voices since Akuma ditched out and it was time. I needed to talk about it before I went crazy.

“Remember when we were talking about those things that we could do, the visions and the voices, those things?” I questioned after about a minute of silence, running a hand through my hair and working out a few knots as I went. He gave a quick nod in response and I dropped my hand back to my side, biting down on my lip. “Well, the voices are back and they are really loud now. The last time they did something like this was when something bad was going to happen. Sam, I have a really bad feeling about this whole situation, and I’m...I’m scared that something is going to happen.”

“You know that I wouldn’t let anything happen to you.” Sam stood up from off the couch and closed the distance between us with only a few long strides. I half closed my eyes feeling the unwanted tears start to well up behind them and at the same time I felt Sam’s arms wrap around my body holding me close to him. He was warm and a lot cuddlier than I had thought he would feel. I shut my eyes and nestle my face into his shirt and reached around him to hug him back, letting his warmth spread over my body. I felt his chin rest on the top of my head and I smiled weakly at the thought of him having to bend down so far to rest it there. For a solid minute the voices seemed to dissipate and there was finally silence in my own mind, for once in a long time I felt calm.

“Sammy?” I heard a deep and groggy voice call from behind me. I opened my eyes and pulled away from Sam to see John Winchester emerge from the bedroom. His eyes fell to me, making me feel very uncomfortable as the voices started back up again. They were all screaming and screeching at different levels and octaves and all of them ended up merging into one, powerful scream that made me want to collapse. I managed to keep myself standing and turned my gaze away from the older man, pressing my fingers to my temples and slowly rubbing them.

“Dad, you’re awake. How are you feeling?” Sam questioned his attention immediately shifting. I ran a hand through my hair and looked away, mentally screaming at the voices to shut up or at least quiet down. I relaxed as the seemed to listen and felt blush creep up my cheeks when I realized how close me and Sam had been when it walked in. It wasn’t like it was sexual or anything but it seemed… private to me, not to mention that I was embarrassed easily.

“Better now that I’m away from those demons.” John grumbled, running a hand over his face and yawning a bit, rubbing a hand over his eyes. He looked rough but well rested and a lot better than he had when we got him out of that place… he almost looked like nothing actually happened and it was weird.

“Do you remember what happened? Back at the apartments?” Sam urged, moving forward so he was only a few feet away from his father and staring down at the older man. John was silent for a long pause, pacing around the room and looking as if he was thinking. It took all of my strength not to cringe every time he passed by me but I managed to stay still, my breath hitching a bit when he met my eyes. There was something off about him…. he didn’t seem like the same man I had met at Bobby’s.

“We were attacked and Dean shot the demon, killing him.” John paused, looking between us again, though he seemed more normal when he met my eyes this time. I ran a hand through my hair, shrugging off the feelings to the voices getting under my skin as well as lack of sleep and worry about Akuma and gave John an uneasy smile, knowing he probably wouldn’t be impressed by the fact that we had wasted a bullet. He was pretty adamant about saving them for yellow eyes the last time we saw him.

“And we are sorry about wasting a bullet…” I said softly, finally saying something. John looked shocked that I had spoken but gave me an easy smile as if to say it wasn’t a big deal as he turned his gaze to Sam who had started to speak.

“Alice, he saved your life.” Sam said a bite forcefully, shifting so he was standing by me as he spoke again. I looked up at him a bit shocked but gave a small nod, knowing that he was right. That demon would have snapped my neck if Dean hadn’t snuck in the colt and had amazing aim, and I was glad he had done just that. I rolled my shoulders back and bit down on my lip, still not sure how John would react. He didn’t seem mad but he was one of those men that made it hard to tell, I doubt that even Akuma would have been able to read him… I shook my head a bit and rubbed my temples again, not wanting to think about her right now. This situation needed my full attention.

“Sam is right, I’m proud that Dean took a shot. We were all in danger, he saved his family and that’s what’s important.” John spoke, continuing to pace before coming to a stop in front of the window. He paused for a while as he stared out the window, barley moving. It was hard to tell but it looked as he lifted his hand to the sill for a moment before pulling away and turning back to us, his eyes burrowing into Sam “Where is Dean anyways?” He demanded, his voice a bit hard as he spoke, his eyes flicking to me and then back to Sam when neither one of us answered. I turned to look up at Sam who was stiff and had a strange expression on his face.

“Out, supply run.” Sam finally muttered, shifting so his arm brushed against mine, he gave me a quick glance that looked kind of panicked but it was hard to tell by how fast he turned away to face his father, his face now smooth as he stared at the man. They held eye contact for a while before John smiled and replied.

“Hmm, such a good soldier that boy is.” He turned back towards the window, staring out of it for a moment before facing the rest of the room, his eyes floating around it. I frowned a bit and looked up as Sam turned and faced me head on, his eyes filled with fear and worry, though his posture was calm and relaxed, as if nothing was wrong. I opened my mouth to say something but closed it when he gave his head a quick, sharp, shake. I took a deep breath instead as the voices raised their volume again and footsteps signalled that John had continued his pacing.

“He would be furious…” Sam breathed lightly, it was hard to hear but the voices swelled when he spoke it, repeating the words for me. I winced a bit and squeezed my eyes close, taking a moment to even out my heartbeat like Akuma had taught me to in situations where felt panicked but needed to remain strong. I took another moment but finally opened my eyes and met Sam’s pleading gaze with a nod before smiling at him and slowly moving towards the table that held the bags filled with guns.

“And the colt? Is it here?” John’s voice was calmer now but it was eerie and I felt like I was starting to understand what the voices were trying to say, but not quite to the extent that they wanted. I shushed them again, glad that they were finally listening to me as I reached the table, my hands grazing over the weapons. It would make sense that John would want to know where the colt was… I was hoping that he was just feeling off because of dealing with the demons and not because something was wrong, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that something terrible was going to happen.

“Why?” Sam questioned, his voice a bit forceful as he spoke.

“I want to see it, after all this time we finally have a weapon that can kill demons.” John shot back, sounding a bit annoyed at Sam’s attitude. I bit down on my l out of slight frustration. If something was going on with John we couldn’t let him know that we were onto him. It could end terribly, but Sam didn’t seem to realize that. I turned around the face the two men and sighed softly, realizing that John, or whoever it was, was already starting to realize it. I leaned back and tucked the colt into my waistband before I spoke, giving up all fake innocence as I did.

“It’s alright Sam, you don’t want to make your dad angry over something as little as this. Cause you know, John has a horrible temper...especially when a bullet is wasted to save his own son when it could have been used against that fucking, demented, piece of shit demon that we have been hunting.” I said softly, stepping close to Sam and pulling out the colt, shoving it into his hand. I shivered a bit when his warm skin brushed mine but kept my eyes locked on the man in front of me, a wolfish smile forming on his anger filled face. The look on his face was creepy and I thought I had seen it somewhere before but wasn’t sure, I was just happy that he hadn’t noticed I gave Sam the colt.

“You’re right, but you know what?” Sam turned to his father’s body, holding the colt out in front of his body and glaring at him, his voice picking up a dark snarl as he spoke, his body rigid with anger. “That’s not my father.” He spat and the thing smiled, blinking to reveal yellow eyes, his smile growing even wider as he cackled a bit.

“Very good Sam. I was wondering when you were going to figure it out. And then again, you were so careful back at the apartment.” He giggled, his eyes flicking between the two of us and the colt. He lifted his hand a bit and looked as if he was going to attack but stopped at the sound of the door crashing open. We all turned and stared, waiting for whatever was coming.

“Get back!” Sam shouted, seeming to be the first one out of the trance, not caring that something else could be coming to help this ass hole demon, though he seemed just as shocked as I was.

~~~~~~~

Dean’s P.O.V

“Sam?! What are you doing?” I demanded, glaring at my brother when I realized that he was pointing the gun at dad. I didn’t bother looking at my father, I just moved forward a bit though I stayed a decent distance away, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to do much while I held the dying woman in my arms, and not wanting to put her down. I thought about it but the thought caused guilt and panic to rip through me, proving that it wasn’t an option at all. Instead I held her a bit closer to me and glanced down quickly, frowning when I noticed that her face was twisted up more than before and her eyes had opened a bit, blue shining through, though it seemed to be a small amount and much darker than before.

“Akuma!?!” Alice’s voice cause my head to shoot up. She had moved a bit closer but seemed frozen in place, her face pale and green eyes wide, already filled with tears. I moved forward excitedly but frowned when I hit an invisible wall hard enough that it made me stumble and fall back on my ass. I cradled Akuma close, wincing when I hit the floor and giving her a quick once over, relaxing when I noticed no fresh blood. I lifted my gaze back to Alice who looked even more freaked out than before, if that was even possible. Her gaze flicked all over the room, including the roof before returning to me. She walked closer again and stopped a few inches away, turning our head at the same as Sam spoke, his face a mask of anger, though he was still staring at our father.

“That thing isn’t dad...it killed Jess, it killed mom!” He practically yelled. I was about to yell back but Akuma moved, muttering rapidly under her breath. I glanced down and her eyes had opened wider, her eyes bright and frantic before they closed again and she started to shake, shivering hard and curling into me, words that made no sense spewing from her lips. I pulled her to my chest and smoothed my hand over her hair, turning my gaze to my father, my heart faltering when I saw that his eyes were the dreaded yellow that I had feared for so long.

“You son of a bitch.” I growled hard through my teeth.

“Watch your tone with me, boy!” The demon possessing my father hissed and tossed his hand out, sending Sam flying backwards and into the wall to spite me.

“Sam!?” I yelled, seeing him spit out blood. I turned my head back to the demon, my teeth grinding together hard as his eyes land on Akuma, making my body tense even harder as he sneered.

“I’m surprised she’s still alive, I thought she’d had enough from me. Guess she’s as stubborn as always, even when she’s dying.” Out of the corner of my eye I could see Alice shifting her weight as if she was ready to attack, her eyes wide with anger. I looked to her to tell her to stop but she launched herself towards with a blade in hand, but was thrown back onto her ass hard, sliding backwards across the room until she hits the wall. Both our eyes fell on the colt from where Sam had dropped it. Alice clued into what I was planning, but she didn’t move for it yet, which was probably the best for right now. Yellow eyes approached Sam and it caught my attention when Sam groaned. “Don’t you wish those special powers of yours worked better? They could have saved you from this situation…just like they could have saved your fiancé…wait...that’s right, you never got that far did you?” I shuttered as he laughed, the familiar voice of my father filled the air but it wasn’t him. Anger was rolling off of me in waves, so much so that when I glanced down at Akuma to notice that she seems to be unconscious again, I set her down carefully and stepped forward.

“Leave him alone.” I snapped, moving closer to distract the demon so that Alice could sneak up behind him, gun in hand and ready to shoot, determination plastered across her face. A pit had formed in my stomach as I moved; I didn’t want to shoot my father, or rather have him shot, but I knew that it might have to come to that and I would have to accept it. Dad would want this anyways, the demon needed to die no matter what happened. “I was the one who killed those demons...and, just letting you know, your little bitch Meg got taken down too.”

“Oh, you mean her siblings?” Yellow eyes gestured to Akuma where she lays on the floor, her hair is in a silky black pool around her head, her face was turned towards us and she let out a groan, her skin nearly translucent. I stared at him in disbelief, the demon was obviously taunting me. I attempted to launch at him but failed and ended up being thrown against the wall beside Sam. Alice had to practically jump out of the way while I was tossed through the air. Besides the fact that the wind had been knocked out of me, I thought I was fine, that is, until I sucked in a breath only to be stopped by a sudden shrill pain coursing through my core causing blood to well up in my mouth and spill over my chin. I let out a cry, trying to suck in a breath.

“Dad… dad PLEASE. I know you’re in there…” I called out, begging for my father. Blood had starting draining from my nose as well. “You’re stronger than this yellow eyed bastard.” I let my head fall forwards, trying to get rid of all the blood that was spilling from my mouth, I could hear Sam choking out for breath as well. I slowly raised my head and turned his attention back to the demon, over his shoulder I could see Alice standing up, her lip split open and bleeding as she lifted the colt, aiming it at the back of my dad’s head. I felt a wave of calmness wash over me for a brief second, knowing that Alice was about to kill the demon, but a pain growing in my throat knowing that my dad would be dead too. However, I noticed her hands drop suddenly as she peered down, her face filled with fear. I dropped my gaze to see where she was looking and a sharp sting of complete betrayal and anger filled my chest when my eyes landed on Akuma, her eyes opened wide, black with swirling yellow incur had filled her eyes. I saw her mouth the words “Kill him,” and then her head dropped and her eyes closed. Alice finally pulled the trigger her gaze still on her sister, though she didn’t seem to realize that the gun had dropped its aim, causing her to shoot my dad in the back of the leg. The room filled with a violent scream as it ripped from John’s body, yellow eyes smoking out and black smoke filling the ceiling before seeping out of the window, I thought it had been salted but the bastard must have broken the line. Sam and I both hit the floor with a loud thud, the last thing I saw was the wooden floor and my head collided with the ground, knocking me out cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter that will be up next and then the finale after that :)