Sequel: Asylum
Status: Finished

Insanity

Watch Me Burn

Sam’s P.O.V.

I lifted my head slowly, pushing myself off of the ground with a groan, blinking until my vision had finally stopped spinning and I could see normally again, I glanced around taking in the dark, deathly quiet room. Dean was on the ground, breathing unevenly, his eyes shut loosely which indicated that he was unconscious. Dad was leaning up against a wall, his eyes trained to the doorway, a glare in his eyes. I followed his gaze and stared as Alice held her sisters head in her lap, smoothing her hair back and pressing her fingers to the neck, she was murmuring something soft trying to stay calm but her entire body was tensed. Standing up I lifted my gaze to the roof, sighing at the sight of a devil’s trap. I was pissed with the new information that Akuma was the daughter of the monster that killed my mother, but I couldn’t leave her here to die. With another quick glance at my dad I moved forward, stretching up and scratching through a couple of the painted lines so that we could remove her from the invisible cage.

Alice looked up to me to see what I was doing it and I met her eyes, thinking to myself ‘why wouldn’t you tell me that she was the daughter of yellow eyes?’

“I swear I didn’t know. Sam, I didn’t know she was yellow eyes’ daughter.” I could hear the panic and hurt in her voice as she choked out the words. “And I swear that it doesn’t change who she is… he admitted to torturing her, why would he do that to someone he needed?” She continued and I nodded, trusting her. After all the shit that they had been through, I knew that Akuma had good intentions and frankly I just wanted to get somewhere safe. I shifted, squatting down beside Alice, lifting Akuma’s limp body off the floor and carrying her out to the car. I could hear muffled voiced behind me, looking over my shoulder to see Alice helping my limping father half carry, half drag Dean out of the cabin. I quickly adjusted Akuma in the backseat so that she was kind of sitting so that Alice could crawl in beside her and hold her upright while dad and I shoved Dean into the third seat. I slid into the driver’s seat and placed my head on the steering wheel for a moment, feeling John slip into the passenger side. I felt the buzz of my phone in my pocket and checked the device.

“What is it?” My dad’s groggy, deep voice startled me for a moment. I turned to look at him for a second and noticed his eyes trained on me before moving to Akuma, looking as if he didn’t trust her and wanted to keep an eye on her for as long as possible.

“It’s from Dean; ‘I found Akuma’s car at the last warehouse, nothings touched, it looks weird. I’m heading in.’ I read the text out loud and turned to Alice, holding her gaze for a moment before asking her, “do you want to go get her car?”

“Yes please.” Alice responded quickly, but this time she was very timid. Her eyes focussed on Akuma, she was trying to clean away some of the blood that had dried on her face with her thumb and tongue and looked freaked out that it wasn’t working. I nodded and started the car and began to drive to the address that Dean had mentioned in the text, my hands tense on the wheel and my eyes never leaving the road while we drove. I sucked in a deep breath and tried to relax but I couldn’t seem to get the adrenaline out of my system. Everything had happened so fast and so much had flipped right around that I was still trying to process the events of the night. I finally moved my gaze the rearview mirror and watched Alice readjust Dean before she met my eyes, her green ones holding fear and what looked like a bit of anger before she looked away and tugged dean’s shirt tighter around her sister, her movements gentle as I pulled into the warehouse lot.

I drove to the end of the line and parked the car, stepping out and opening the door to pull Akuma out. Alice slipped out after I had started carrying her to her car, hearing Alice fumbling with her set of keys I turned to look at her, she looked just as exhausted as I felt. She unlocked the car and helped me place Akuma in the passenger side, my eyes flicked to the open door of the warehouse, curiosity crossing my face. I approached the door, minding all the blood that had been splattered across the door, biting my lip nervously as I moved. The lights were still on, presumably from when from when Dean left. The first thing that I saw was a table in the middle of the room completely drenched in blood. On one side of the table there was a small stow away tray with torture instruments laid out that happened to also be covered in dry blood. I felt a sickness fill my chest and clenched at my stomach, making me want to puke, I hadn’t notice the pitter patter of Alice as she came in behind me.

“My god.” Alice’s tone was dark, she startled me when she gasped. I turned around, expecting her to look sad or freaked out but she only looks pissed, her face was pale and her eyes seeming to glow with fury. I pulled her around and away from the scene, out of the corner of my eye I could see a dead body in the corner of the room, beaten to the point where it was barely even human. I half tugged her into my chest to avert her eyes, and maybe to help console myself. I walked her to the car and opened the door for her, she half smiled and slipped behind the wheel, and her hands shaking up until she wrapped them around the wheel.

“You can follow behind me, we’re going to the hospital.” I described the plan briefly and she nodded, even though she already knew what the plan was; we need help, we needed a doctor.

~~~~~~~~~~

Akuma’s P.O.V.

I shifted my weight with a low groan, feeling my head roll forward as I opened my eyes a bit, blinking dots from my vision and forcing my head up, leaning it against a cool surface that seemed to be a window. I opened my eyes a little more and concentrated hard to see, my heart beating hard against my chest when I noticed the surrounding warehouses. The door to the one nearest was open and I could see blood outside the door, causing my heart to beat faster. I moaned softly at the pain in my body that rose with my heart beat and closed my eyes again, everything going black.

**************

A sense of panic filled my chest and I opened my eyes again, lifting my head to look around, relaxing slightly when I noticed that Alice was driving. It all seemed normal but there was something wrong, I could feel it building in my stomach. I couldn’t get the fear and panic out of my chest. I could hear Alice speaking to herself but it seemed too far away the only thing I could really concentrate on was the song playing… it was Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry… my favourite song… It stole my attention for a while, distracting me from the panic, but it was only for a moment before I couldn’t breathe again. Alice needed to stop the car… she needed to pull over and it needed to stop but I couldn’t. The only thing that would come from my lips was a low moan that made Alice look at me, worry filling her face. I let out a small sigh and gave up, letting the darkness at the edge of my vision take over again.

************

I awoke to the sound of screeching tires and metal on metal, panic filling my body. I finally felt in control of everything since I had been kidnapped as adrenalin pumped through me. I watched everything as if it was in slow motion, seeing the Semi hit the Impala as we approached the scene at a fast pace. Alice didn’t seem to be stopping and a look told me she was too busy staring at the Impala, her face a mask of shock. I forced myself up, ignoring the pain screaming through my body and threw my hand out, setting up a wall in front of her, feeling my body lift from the seat and fly forward as I did so. I groaned hard as I hit the hood of Sirius, my body bouncing. All the windows shattered around me as a loud ringing started in my ears. I was still flying head first but that changed fast as I slid off of the front of him, my head catching on the bumper, a snap resonating through my body before everything returned to black.

~~~~~~~~~

Alice P.O.V.

It all happened so fast, one moment I was talking into the open space of the car, hoping that it would calm Akuma in her unconscious state, and then next a semi t-boned the Impala. I went to slam on the breaks but we were moving too quickly, I sucked in a breath, possibly my last breath and Akuma sat up straight her hand flew out as if to hold me back. I could feel this heavy push against my body, almost crushing my back into the seat, but I couldn’t do anything. My body didn’t react anymore, and the car slammed into the side of the semi and side swiped the Impala. At that moment my eyes shut and a scream erupted from my chest. Glass shattered from all angles and then the car stopped dead. The force of the collision caused me to break free from the invisible wall that was holding me back and my head smacked into the steering wheel. There was a deadly silence filling my ears for a long time; when I did finally open my eyes my vision was blurry, I was seeing double and I could barely even sit straight without teetering as if I had been spinning in circles. I sucked in my first breath, feeling the cold air burn inside my lungs, and I coughed, tasting blood in my mouth. My eyes traveled over to the passenger seat to see if Akuma was okay.

“Akuma?!” I cried out as best I could between coughs, not seeing her in the seat. I felt warm streams of tears flood over my face. I reached out and tugged at the seat belt that had now bruised my chest. Sound had finally returned and I could hear the loud wailing of not only Akuma’s car horn but also the horn from the Impala. Panic quickly spread over me, my entire body shaking violently as I crawled out of the driver’s side window and onto the back to the Impala, noticing Akuma on the ground in front of the car. I was murmuring to her, though I couldn’t even make out the words I was trying to say, perhaps I wasn’t even saying anything, maybe it wasn’t even English, I couldn’t tell. I rolled off the back of Dean’s car and fell to the ground beside my sister, feeling something wet and warm on my hands and knees as I crawled over to her, slowly rolling her over to see her face. Her head fell at an awkward angle and I let out a loud sob of fear. There was so much blood, on her arms, all over her torso and all down her legs. I cried out but no sound actually came from my mouth, I placed my fingers on her neck and watched her chest very slowly rise and fall in shallow breaths, along with a faint pulse against my fingertips. I sucked in a breath with happiness knowing that she was still alive, but my body shook hard, remembering that there was another car. I forced myself up off the ground and stumbled to the Impala, my hands reached out to brace myself against the car. Seeing Dean tossed against the opposite window from where I had left him, blood washed over his face from a rather large cut across his forehead, I shuttered and traveled up the car, seeing John’s head resting against the window, he seemed in somewhat better shape, but when my eyes caught I saw Sam on the other side my body contracted slightly. I rushed over to the other side of the car, my head spinning even more now, my hands landing hard on the window of the driver’s side of the Impala, I could see Sam’s head on the wheel, though he seems to be moving a bit.

“Sam!” I screamed, slamming my hands on the glass again and he lifted his head slowly, meeting my gaze, blood poured from his nose and I cried out to him trying to pull the door open but my vision started to fade in and out rapidly. The whole world felt like it was pressing down on me, my hands sliding down his window before I met the pavement and blacked out, the entire time the voices in my head vanished, leaving my all alone to suffer by myself. A breath escaped my lips and then everything seemed to disappear around and within me.

Was this death?
♠ ♠ ♠
Asylum is up!