Sequel: Asylum
Status: Finished

Insanity

Discovering Fears

Akuma’s P.O.V.

“Okay, so you two try Dean’s plan out, and see how that goes while Alice and I go get tickets” will go get tickets.” I said, running a hand through my hair as I looked between the boys. Dean looked slightly panicked, and Sam looked like he didn’t care either way. I knew that Dean didn’t want to get on, but I had a feeling that things wouldn’t really work his way so I had already cozied up to some creepy old guy and grabbed his wallet. The credit cards and cash would be our way to the plane tickets.

“We don’t even know if we’ll have to get on the plane, so why do we need tickets?” Dean asked, his face paling slightly as he met my eyes. It almost seemed like he was scared… which would make sense, and make things difficult for him.

“We will if your plan fails, and it probably will, then yes, we do.” I said, rolling my eyes for this. Fear was trivial and it only got in the way of things. Even though I would rather keep what I was hidden, I didn’t exactly fear being discovered. I was pretty good at running and hiding away at this point. “Besides, it’s not that big of a deal. I have the money to waste on tickets.” I said with a smile aimed towards both of them.

Sam returned my smile before looking at his brother, a look of realization crossing his face. “Dude… are you scared?” He asked with a small chuckle, looking completely amused.

“It’s not… I’m… Things that big aren’t meant to fly Sam! Especially things that big made out of metal!” Dean said, glaring at all of us. I smirked and held back a smart ass comment about how they actually were meant to fly because they were made that way. “Why do you think I drive everywhere?” He finished, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Sam smirked again but gave a shrug of his wide shoulders. “Dude… never mind then. Let’s just hope that this plan ends up working, but the girls should still go and try to get tickets just in case. We don’t want this Amanda girl to die because we don’t have a backup plan.”

“If it works then we won’t have to take the plane, so make sure it works. And let us know if it does.” I said, turning to Alice and looping my arm through hers before dragging her away.

“How are we supposed to afford four plane tickets Akuma?” Alice asked as we walked away, looking at me through narrowed eyes. “We haven’t ordered any new credit cards in a while and you haven’t hustled anyone at pool for a while. On top of that you said you’d stop pick-pocketing after you got caught by that cop last month.” She said, glaring at me and letting out a soft sigh at the smirk that crossed my face. “You suck at keeping promises, you know that right?”

“Well the cop didn’t notice when I pick pocketed him on the way out so the creepy old man I pick-pocketed this time definitely didn’t notice. Besides, he was too busy staring at my chest to notice me taking his wallet.” I said with a shrug as I pulled the small leather wallet out of my bra. “He has almost a thousand dollars in here just in cash, not to mention the credit cards. Plus I still have some leftover money from the last show. If anything I can get us a discount so we can still have some money left over after this.”

Alice rolled her eyes but said nothing to me as we walked up to the counter. Another smirk crossed my face as I realized we’d be talking to a man. “Hey! Four tickets to flight 281 please”

~~~~~~~~~~

Dean’s P.O.V

“Dammit.” I growled, slamming the phone back into the receiver and rubbing a hand over my face, pinching the bridge of my nose for a moment before taking a deep breath. I was counting on that phone call to work so that I wouldn’t have to get onto that plane. “Where are the girls?”

“They’re still at the counter from what I can tell. The plan didn’t go like you wanted it to?” He asked with a smirk that only got bigger when I glared at him. He was acting like he wasn’t scared of anything, which I know wasn’t true. He was scared of something, I just wasn’t sure what at this point. Everyone was scared of something.

“Shut up. Let’s just get to the girls.” I said, feeling my stomach tie itself into knots and form a pit as I realized we would actually have to get onto a plane. “I just want to get this done and over with.”

“Come on then.” Sam said, turning and heading in the opposite direction of the phones. After walking for a few minutes I saw Alice standing off to the side of the counter while Akuma was up talking to a guy standing behind the counter. With a sigh I turned to Alice, the pit in my stomach growing deeper. “What’s she doing?” I asked, looking over at the other woman again. She was leaning forward with her black hair pushed over her shoulders so it was falling down her back in a waterfall of black waves like ravens feathers, and her shirt had been pulled down so you could see the edges of her bra and her cleavage was on full display. She was flirting pretty hard and it seemed to be working.

“Getting two tickets for the price of one.” Alice said, shrugging when I turned my gaze back on her. She looked bored, like she had stood off to the side in situations like this one too many times before.

“Well she needs to hurry up. The flight leaves in like 45 minutes.” Sam said, looking up at the board that held the arrival and departure times of the planes. “And we still need to get what we can from the car.”

“Well she’s almost done, so why don’t you go get those things from the car?” Alice asked, looking up at me with a slight glare. I don’t know what got her so upset but I wasn’t about to argue, not that I had the energy to. I was more concentrated on not getting into my car and driving away.

“She’s right Sam. We should get the holy water, my EMF, and dad’s journal.” I said, rocking back on my heels as Akuma walked over with a shit eating grin on her face as she held four tickets up. I turned back to Sam just in time to see his nod. With another sigh I turned and headed towards the doors, glad we had parked close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Akuma’s P.O.V

I waited on the other end of security with Alice as the boys made their way through. I wasn’t scared about the flight or stopping the demon, though I was worried about the plan they had come up with about an exorcism. I was going to have to find a reason to get out of the back room, the only safe room to perform it, and back to my seat. This whole situation was risky and I hadn’t thought about the risks until now when I noticed the worried look on Alice’s face and realized exactly why she would be worried.

Once they were through I offered a smile to both Dean and Alice before turning my back and Heading to the gate. Once we there through I waited for the boys to pass and take their seat. Once I realized that they were sitting in front of me and Alice, I relaxed a bit. If they said anything that would cause a reaction I would be safe for the most part… unless they looked back. This situation was ridiculous, but it was too late to back out now. I sighed and slipped into the seat next to the window, turning my gaze to the window as I put my seatbelt on.

“You okay?” Alice asked. I looked over at her and met her green eyed gaze and returned her worried look with a smile.

“Yeah I’m good. Just hoping this entire situation goes over well. We should really be asking Dean if he’s okay.” I said, looking up at the back of his seat as the flight attendant started the stupid safety speech. With another reassuring smile at Alice I leaned forward to poke my head between the seats the boys were sitting in. “How you holding up Winchester?” I asked as the plane started to move.

Dean looked back at me with what looked like a glare in his eyes, though it was hard to tell through the fear. It was in his eyes, all over his face, and it was all I could smell. It was strange, I hadn’t seen anyone with that much fear in quite a while, and I doubted I would ever see it on Dean during a hunt on the ground. He didn’t seem like the type to be scared easily, and I was really curious as to where this fear came from. “Yeah… I’m fine… I’ll be okay.” He said, sucking in a deep breath and looking away. I leaned back and relaxed as the plane lifted off the ground, raising my eyebrow a bit as I heard him start to hum Metallica.

“We should start looking around. What’s the plan?” Alice asked, unclipping her seatbelt and leaning forward the moment the sign demanding seatbelts was turned off. “Who’s talking to this Amanda chick and who’s looking for the demon?” She asked, glancing back at me.

“Well I have my EMF reader, as well as holy water, so maybe I should look for the demon… It’s only a one man job” Dean said, his voice gruff as he unbuckled his seat belt and tightened his hands on the arm rests.

“We shouldn’t use the holy water Dean. We can stick to the EMF reader. Not to mention the fact that demons flinch at the name of god… but say it in Latin… it’s Cristo in Latin.” Sam said, causing me to bite down on my lip and close my eyes before they looked back at us, which was timed pretty well considering we hit turbulence right at that moment. This was such a terrible idea and I hated it.

“Yeah I know how to say it.” Dean said, his voice strained as the turbulence continued. I opened my eyes as it ended and glanced at Alice, knowing my pupils would probably still be dilated, but it was better than what it would have been a few minutes before. “So I’ll go do that and one of the girls can go talk to Amanda.” He said, turning his gaze back at us.

“I’ll do it.” I offered, unbuckling my own seat belt. If I was around while he had his EMF running and was throwing out the name of god I would be caught and they’d assume I was the one that was possessed. I had been around during an exorcism once before and we quickly found out how badly it affected me. There was no way in hell that I was going through that again.

Alice nodded and pulled her knees to her chest so I could slide past her and into the aisle. I stood for a moment so I could stretch before looking down the aisle, turning around as one of the flight attendants walked towards me. “Are you Amanda?” I asked with a small smile, watching as she shook her head before I moved out of the way, turning back to watch Dean step into the aisle behind the girl before I turned and walked to the back room, pushing the curtain out of the way. “Amanda?”

~~~~~~~~

Dean’s P.O.V.

I sighed as I moved to the back of the plane, watching Akuma disappear behind a black curtain before I turned on the EMF and started a slow walk up the aisle, pretending to trip every once and a while to have an excuse to fully check the people closer to the window. Other than that I just moved the EMF reader around and dealt with the dirty looks people gave me. I’d dealt with worse than glares while on a hunt, though those had been on the ground and I hadn’t been constantly worried that I was going to fall to the earth and die.

I was about to turn around when I felt a firm hand land on my shoulder followed by the owner of said hand speaking. “Found anything yet?” He asked as I turned to face him. Sam seemed to be getting great pleasure out of my fear and it was annoying. I was going to get him back eventually, whether it was through a prank war or some other means I didn’t know yet. All I knew is that revenge was around the corner.

“No not yet. I would have told you if I found anything yet Sammy.” I said, smirking slightly at the look that crossed his face. He put up with my saying it, but I knew he didn’t enjoy it. “All I’ve gotten so far is a lot of dirty looks from the passengers, I have absolutely no leads.” I said, turning towards the front of the plane again. The bathroom was occupied so maybe someone in there was the one possessed, though it was a long shot and I highly doubted it. I waited for the door to unlock and open before stepping forward, a frown crossing my ace as the pilot stepped out and the EMF started to go crazy. “… Cristo.” I muttered, staring at the man as he grinned at me, his eyes melting to black before he walked back into the cockpit

.~~~~~~~~~

Akuma’s P.O.V

I stood in the back, leaning with my shoulder against the wall as I watched Amanda. She smelt like a human and I couldn’t sense any fear coming from her. There was no way in hell she was the one who was possessed, she was just too well adjusted. We had been chatting for a while about nothing important, mostly flying and how to deal with the fear; this was honestly a conversation that Dean should be having. “So… Amanda do you believe in anything let say… like demons?” I asked in an even tone, biting back a sigh as I saw her eyebrows go up and the ‘are you crazy?’ look cross her face.

“No… why would I believe in that kind of stuff? It’s all ridiculous.” She said, resting her hands on her cart and frowning. I opened my mouth to reply but was cut off by Alice entering the room.

“Because it’s real.” Alice answered for me, her bushy red hair pulled back into a ponytail. She looked excited at the situation, which wasn’t exactly weird for her. She tended to get adrenalin rushes during hunts. “You don’t have to want to believe us, but it’s true. How do you think the first flight you were on had its door torn off its hinges? It was done by a demon.” She said, slipping by the cart so she was closer to Amanda.

“You guys are crazy. None of that stuff is real.” Amanda shot back, her face paling. I could feel the fear now, but it was probably due to the fact that she thought she was cornered by two crazy women who could be potentially harmless.

“Look. You don’t have to believe us about the demons and other supernatural beings Amanda.” I said, moving so I was completely blocking her path out of the room. “But what you do have to believe is that there is someone on this plane that wants you and everyone who survived that other crash dead. You know the pilot from that crash? Chuck? He died in a plane crash not too long ago. We’re trying to stop it from happening again, but we need your cooperation.” I said, my voice getting hard. There wasn’t time for the denial stage, we had been in the air for about 32 minutes. Time was running out.

Amanda was quiet for a bit as she processed everything I said, her face going whiter, if it was even possible. “Well on the other flight… this one guy... his eyes were so black but I thought... it was just me remembering things wrong after the crash.” She said, looking between me and Alice. “And earlier I thought I saw the pilot... but... no. I was just imagining things.” She said under her breath.

“Hate to break it to you Amanda, but you weren’t imagining things. That is a sign of a demon.” Alice said, crossing her arms over her chest and looking up at the blonde woman. “We’re going to need your help when we find this thing.”

I was opening my mouth to speak when I was shoved forward. “FUCK!” I growled, catching myself on Amanda’s cart and turning to glare at Dean over my shoulder. “Watch it.” I snapped, moving out of the way to let them into the room. It was already packed in here, an exorcism would be worse. Maybe I could use an excuse of severe claustrophobia as an excuse.

“We know who the demon is. It’s the pilot.” Dean said, ignoring my comments as Sam moved into the room, at this point claustrophobia seemed to be the best answer for the question of how I was going to leave. “We need you to get him back here.” He said, meeting Amanda’s gaze. “Now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a comment to let me know what you think :) I'll try to get the 5th chapter up soon!

Credit for the line "....in a waterfall of black waves like ravens feathers...." goes to my super cool friend Sarina Jeffery and a poem she wrote a while ago