Sequel: Asylum
Status: Finished

Insanity

Ding Dong the Bitch is Dead

Alice’s P.O.V

I was hit with a sense of panic as I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a completely unfamiliar room. It took me a moment to gather my thoughts, but once I did I took a step back and held back a scream, not that it would affect anything. I easily recognized it as one of my visions, but I couldn’t tell if it was in the past, present, or future; either way I couldn’t do anything, besides, no one could see or hear me. The sound of someone yelling pulled me out of my thoughts and I took in the room and the scene around me. The floor had blood all over it and Akuma was laying on the ground, in a chair with one arm tied down as she spoke to a male vampire. I couldn’t exactly hear what she was saying, but I was glad. Her skin was paler than usual, and there was blood across her face and dripping down her neck and shoulder. Upon looking at the ground I saw a devils trap and felt my stomach drop, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to escape easily, if at all. With a deep breath I looked back at Akuma and her captor, biting down on my lip when I saw her eyes going black. It looked as though her pupils were melting, and continued that way until they were fully black with a swirl of sulphuric yellow floating through. I bit back a sound of disgust when my eyes narrowed in on the camera the bloodsucker picked up before standing above my sister. This time I couldn’t hold back a scream when he kicked her in the side of the head before taking the first picture.

****
In the next second I had reopened my eyes and bolted up right when I found myself in a dark room with only a fragment of dull light leaking in from behind the closed curtains. I was panting like I had just run a marathon but I managed to suck in a deep breath. “SAM?!” I yelled, blinking and dropping my head into my hands as more of the vision disrupted my line of sight, showing repeats of the vampire hurting my sister. A ringing in my ears and what sounded like quiet mumbling filled my hearing, so the moment I felt a hand on my back I flung my right elbow backwards and climbed forward, swearing as I tumbled out of the bed and onto the floor. A moment later my vision started to clear and I blinked rapidly to clear it faster, relaxing a bit when I saw Sam hovering above me, a nice shiner already forming around his left eye.

“Are you okay?” Sam asked, reaching out a hand to help me up. I ignored the gesture and rolled onto my stomach, pushing myself up. “Alice?” Sam asked, clearly trying to get a reply and I sighed trying, and failing, to keep the anger off of my face as I turned to look at him.

“Did we get any pictures?” I asked, my voice cold and hard as I stared at him, watching his face process the shock and confusion as he stared back at me. I stood up and crossed my arms over my chest, knowing that I probably looked like a kitten trying to be angry, as Akuma often described it, but not caring. I wanted answers from the Winchester and I wanted them now.

“W-what? What do you mean?” Sam asked, causing me to roll my eyes and shift my weight restlessly. I wasn’t in the mood to dance around the topic. I wasn’t in the mood for anything. My sister was missing and the voices and visions were back. I felt like hell and I wasn’t going to hesitate in giving him another shiner
.
“You heard me. Did we get any pictures? If you try to lie to me I’ll give you matching black eyes. Lie to me again after that and I’ll aim a bit lower.” I snapped, letting my hands fall to my sides and ball into fists.

“Um... yeah. Yesterday morning.” Sam spoke softly, looking away from me. “I’ll get Dean to grab them.” He said standing up. Once he was out the door I slumped down onto the bed and ran a shaky hand through my hair as I waited, shock replacing my anger. If the pictures had arrived yesterday morning then the bloody vampires didn’t waste any time in starting to torture Akuma. It had only been two days at this point and I couldn’t imagine what else they could have done to her in this short time frame.

“I have the pictures in here, Dean went to grab food and coffee.” Sam said, followed by the click of a door behind him. I looked up at him and my eyes narrowed in on the thick folder in his hands, my stomach dropping. “You sure you want to look through these?” he asked, setting the package down on the table. I swallowed and gave a small nod before standing up and walking over, taking another deep breath before picking it up and sliding the pictures out, a bit of relief mixed with panic filling me when I noticed that her eyes were closed. If anything she was knocked out or smart enough to keep her eyes closed so they boys wouldn’t see, and I was hoping for the latter. Taking another moment to breathe, I set the pictures down and spread them out, my breath catching. You could see where they started with minimal blood and could see the progress. The more I looked the more I wanted to post or to go out and tear out the throats of these blood suckers. It looked like these pictures went on for almost an entire night and the further they went on, the more beat up and bloody they were. The last one was a picture of her full body, her clothes were ripped and bloody and her skin was cut, bitten, bruised, and bloody across almost every inch that you could see.

“Oh… I... Fuck.” I said, turning away and squeezing my eyes shut and pressing my hand to my mouth, the voices and ringing starting up again for a minute, disappearing at someone’s hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and looked over my shoulder and up at Sam, feeling my eyes water. “I’m going to kill them.” Was all I said before taking a deep breath and pulling away, trying to beat down the overwhelming panic. The visions and voices always appeared more when I was stressed or panicked. Sometimes they would help and sometimes they would just make things worse.

“Are you going to be alright?” Sam asked, clearly ignoring my last statement. I gave a nod and he relaxed a bit, pulling his hand off my shoulder, looking like he wanted to ask another question. We stood in silence for a bit while he cleaned the pictures before turning to look at me again. “How did you know there were pictures?” He asked, tilting his head and causing his long, fluffy hair to fall into his face.

“.... You can’t freak out or anything.” I said softly, turning my gaze away from him and combing my hand through my mess of red hair. I took a few moments to gather my thoughts as I grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down, finally looking up at Sam. “It was a vision. I don’t really know where they come from or why, but I’ve had them for as long as I can remember. Especially when I’m stressed or overwhelmed with emotion. This one came in a dream, but they don’t always come that way.” I figured that the visions would be overwhelming enough so I wasn’t about to bring up the voices that tagged along with them and how they usually sounded like a fuzzy, out of tune radio.

“You have visions?” Sam asked, sitting down across from me and watching me with a calculating gaze, which was a much better reaction than I was expecting. I answered his question with a nod, not trusting myself to speak at this point. I met his gaze and watched him, waiting for him to say something else. “That’s... What are they usually about?” He finally asked, averting his gaze a bit. He had an expression on his face that said that he wanted to say something but was holding back.

“Sometimes it’s about hunts, sometimes it’s about someone I don’t even know. They can be of things that happened in the past, are happening as I have the vision, or are going to happen in the future. But it’s really hard to tell.” I explained, opening the bottle of beer and taking a long drink before setting it down again, returning my gaze to the young Winchester. “What aren’t you telling me?” I asked, straightening up a bit in my chair and narrowing my eyes. “I’ve told you this crap. You can tell me whatever you’re hiding.”

“... Well...” Sam started, clearing his voice and looking away. “I’ve... kind of... I think I’ve had visions too.” He muttered, looking away and rubbing his hands together in his lap. He looked stressed and I frowned, shifting my weight uncomfortably and looking away myself, not wanting to push him any further. I waited for a few moments before I went to open my mouth to ask what he usually saw, curiosity getting the better of me, but I was cut off by Dean opening the door.

“I got burgers and pie.” Dean said, his voice gruff as he walked in and shut the door behind him, looking between me and Sam. He looked between us and looked curious but said nothing. “And I grabbed more beer.” He finished, setting the food on the counter in the kitchen.

~~~~~

Malory’s P.O.V

I let out a slight growl of frustration as I felt another tree branch rip through my silk shirt. Why I had worn it in the first place was beyond me. It was expensive and if I hadn’t had to hunt this fucker down it would have been covered in blood already. “Damnit!” I snarled as another rip formed in the soft and smooth material. I was so going to make Zack buy me a new one when this whole thing was over, and god did I hope this would end soon. This old man looked he was weak and out of shape but I’d been hunting him all night and I was completely turned around and lost in these woods. I let out another frustrated growl and stopped, looking around. “Aren’t you getting tired of running old man?” I asked out loud. This was driving me insane. I just wanted to get back to my brother and help with getting rid of this demon bitch.

A branch snapped behind me and I spun to see the filthy old man standing with a machete at the ready. “I was just going to ask you the same question.” He said, his voice was gruff as he moved forward, looking completely pissed. It was hilarious, this old man thinking he could take me.

“A machete? Very cliché.” I said, my tone mocking him as I rested my hands on my hips, holding his gaze with unblinking eyes. I was getting sick of the crap this bitch was stirring up. I just wanted the red-head dead. “Are you here to attempt to finish what other hunters couldn’t?” I asked with a laugh, brushing my hair out of my face and shifting my weight so I was in more of a fighter’s stance.

“Right after you tell me where Akuma is.” The old hunter spat, lifting the machete a bit higher so it glinted in the sun. I rolled my eyes at his actions. I couldn’t fully believe that Zack though this guy was such a threat. I could almost guarantee he was all bark and no bite. At this point I was annoyed, hungry, and kind of pissed. I didn’t care if I was being reckless or not. I just wanted this guy out of my way.

“Why does everyone care about her so much? She’s a half breed monster slut.” I said in a taunting tone, trying to get him angry enough that he wouldn’t be able to concentrate. I’d rather do this without a fight if possible. “You know I’m surprised she hasn’t slept with one of the Winchesters yet… Do you think that it’s true she’s been with as many girls as guys at this point?” I asked, smirking at the look of rage taking over the man’s face. I’m sure that Zack gave me his name but I couldn’t really care to remember at this point. My fangs were ready to come out and help me tear this guy’s throat out. “I mean, I wouldn’t really be surprised.” I finished, taking a step towards the hunter, my gaze focusing on his pulse.

“Where is she?” He demanded, completely ignoring my comment. This was getting more and more annoying by the moment, so, instead of answering, I launched myself at him, just barely hearing the whiz of the blade before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~

Dean’s P.O.V

“Where the HELL are you Bobby? You should have been here yesterday!” I growled into the phone, having left the room a few moment prior to answer the call. I didn’t want to worry Alice anymore after she saw the pictures she had seen and Sam was trying to reassure her that Bobby shouldn’t have been here until today. We had enough on our plates and we didn’t need to be worried that Bobby would be going missing as well.

“I was taking care of some business. Give me fifteen minutes, I’ll explain once I’m there.” Bobby replied, sounding annoyed. Like he had any reason to be, it would be fucked up and annoying if I wasn’t worried. I rolled my eyes but held back a smart ass comment. It wouldn’t be in our best interest to fight.

“Alright, but hurry up.” I said, hanging up and walking back into the room, grabbing a beer from the fridge before planting my ass in a chair beside Sam. I glanced between him and Alice for about the millionth time since I had brought back food and beer. When I had gotten back they both looked awkward and acted weird for a while before we started talking about how we might be able to find Akuma. “Did you two think of anything?” I asked, noticing the frown on Sam’s face.

“No. Not yet.” Sam replied, his face smoothing over a bit when he noticed me staring. “I’m thinking about heating up some of that pie. It’s better warm.” He said with a shrug before he stood and stretched. “Did you get a hold of Bobby?”

“Yeah I did. He said he’d be here in about fifteen minutes.” I grumbled, dropping my gaze to the bottle in my hands, swirling the liquid around in the dark glass container for a moment before I looked up again. “Can you heat me up a slice of pie? I’m going to look through these pictures again and see if I can find anything that might give us a clue as to where Akuma’s being kept.” I said, setting the untouched beer on the table and pulling the package of photos onto my lap. I hated looking at them and what the bloodsuckers were doing to her, especially because it gave no clue as to whether she was dead or not. Alice was certain she was alive, but I wasn’t that sure. But overall, a body to burn was better than nothing.

“Do you want a piece Alice?” Sam asked, and I lifted my gaze just in time to see the small red-head shake her head, turning her attention back to the locket in her hand. She was acting as if the locket would tell her something and had barely let go of it since it arrived. I frowned a bit and debated trying to make her eat before I looked down at the pictures, turning my concentration to the background instead of the woman in them. Alice would eat when she needed to, when she was ready.

**********

I looked up from the pictures at the abrupt knock on the door, my mouth a solid thin line watching Sam grab a machete before opening it a crack, his body relaxing before he swung the door open to reveal Bobby. “About damn time.” I called, setting the pictures down on the table as I stood up to give the old man a hug, frowning a bit at how… clean… he smelled. “Did you stop to shower?” I asked, lifting my eyebrows at him as I stepped back.

“Yeah. I thought it would be a bit suspicious if I showed up here covered in blood.” He said, his voice low and sounding a bit annoyed as he walked into the room. “I killed a bloodsucker.” he explained, answering the question that was probably written all over my face. A moment later he had walked to Alice and pulled her up into a hug, moving away to look at her. “Have you eaten lately?” He asked in a slightly kinder tone, an expression of worry taking over his face when Alice shook her head.

“We’ve tried to make her eat but she refused.” Sam said, shrugging his shoulders at Bobby as the microwave beeped, signaling that the pie was done heating up. “No what’s this about you killing a blood sucker?” He asked, heading to the microwave and pulling out the two plates, handing one to me and shoving his into Alice’s hands. That may have been his plan all along, he timed it pretty damn well.

Bobby looked back at Sam and lifted his ball cap, scratching his head before replacing it. “A blonde vampire was tailing me. She tried to hunt me but I ended up cornering her. I tried to get answers out of her but she wouldn’t budge, only attacked me so I had to kill her.” He explained briefly with a shrug, looking back at Alice and watching her take a small bite of the pie. “We don’t have answers but there’s only one left to deal with.” He said, sitting down in the chair Sam had vacated to heat up the pie.

“Well if the other one finds out what you did, he’ll be even more pissed.” Alice said, taking a bigger bite of the pie. It seemed like the first bite had reminded her body that she hadn’t eaten more than a couple bites of food in the past two days. “Have you found anything in the pictures yet, Dean?” She asked, turning her gaze to me as she scarfed down the pie.

“Not much. I think she might be in a barn going off of the dirt and what kind of looks like stables in the back of one pictures. But that doesn’t give us much considering the amount of barns that are around the area.” I said with a shrug, picking my beer off the table and finally taking a sip from it, cringing at the lukewarm taste. Beer was generally better cold.

“Pictures?” Bobby asked, finally turning his gaze to the table and narrowing his eyes. I had placed them back into a pile with the full bodied one on top, and the look on Bobby’s face became murderous upon further inspection. “Balls.” He spat, his tone a mixture of anger and fear.

“They got here yesterday morning.” I cleared my throat, grabbing the pictures and shoving them back into the envelope. “I guess the vampire thought the locket wasn’t enough to set Alice off.” I shrugged, picking up the pie and digging my fork into it. Bobby looked like he was about to say something when a phone went off, blasting what sounded like Buckcherry’s song Crazy Bitch. My confusion was cleared when Alice shot up and ran to her bag, a look of hope and relief crossing her face as she dug around in the bag, pulling out her phone.

She hit answer and what I was assumed was speaker before speaking. “Akuma?!” She asked, her voice cracking a bit and her expression becoming wary.

“Guess again.” Came the reply, the voice low and mocking. The guy on the other end almost sounded like he was going to laugh.

“What do you want?” Alice asked, all emotion draining from her voice and pale face. Her eyes went dark as she spoke and I saw her hand tense around the phone. The look that was taking over her face was the same ‘murderous’ look Bobby had earlier, reminding me of an eager child at Christmas. There really wasn’t a way to describe exactly how pissed Alice looked in this moment.

“I just wanted to see if you got the pictures.” The voice replied, actually letting out a laugh this time at the sound of anger that escaped Alice’s lips. “I guess you did… Your sister misses you sweetheart. Do you want to see her?”

~~~~~~

Akuma’s P.O.V

I lifted my head at the sound of the barn door clicking shut, tilting my head when I saw that Zack was back and holding a two-by-four. “Oh are we going to play a game? I can stake you if that’s what you’re into. It might end with your head on a stake though.” I said in a sweet tone, a smile crossing my face when he stepped into the devils trap. “Actually I can promise that it will end with your head on a stake.”

“We’re not playing any games darling.” Zack said, his voice smooth as he smirked at me. He was oddly relaxed compared to the last two days, the fact that I wasn’t getting under his skin as easily was a bit worrying, but I wasn’t about to show it. “We’re moving you.” He said, shifting his weight and swinging the large piece of wood. I only felt a burst of pain and a falling sensation before everything went dark.

****

It took me a few moments to gather my thoughts and to blink the dizzying black dots from my vision. Once I had cleared the spots from my vision I took my time to look around, taking in what looked like old factory equipment with a thick coating of dust. I took another moment to look around the abandoned room before dropping my gaze to the ground, rolling my eyes when I saw another devils trap. The entire situation was ridiculous and it all sucked. With a small sigh I pulled at my arms, lifting my eyebrows when I discovered I was no longer tied to the chair. I lifted my hand and ran a hand through my hair, getting sick of it hanging in my face, noticing Zack standing with his back to me, holding a phone to his ear.

“... Perfect. I’ll be waiting at the bar at eight.” He said, his voice almost too low for me to hear. “And if you know what’s good for your sister,” He paused for dramatic effect. “you’ll come alone.” He continued before hanging up and turning towards me, a smile spreading across his face when he noticed me watching him, making anger rise in my chest again; this asshole needed to die. “So you’re finally awake.” He said, walking to the edge of the devils trap and folded his arms over his chest.

“Drugs are an easier way to seduce someone” I spat, standing up to take a few steps closer so I was standing across from him. Slowly a smirk crossed my face as he glared at me.

“From what I gather you would sleep with anything that has two legs and a heartbeat. I don’t think I’d need the drugs if I wanted to seduce you.” He snapped back, his lips pulling away from his teeth to reveal a snarl.

“I may sleep with a lot of people but I still have standards.” I flicked my tongue with another roll of my eyes. “You think I still need to be put into a trap? It’s an honour that you think I’m that big of a threat.” I purred, running my tongue over my dry and cracking lips. I thought the barn was bad for dry air but this place was even worse. It was hard to move around the floor without kicking up dust and my throat already felt raw from before. This guy either had to suck it up and kill me or I had to escape, though I’d prefer the latter.

“I know how powerful you can be. I’m not dumb.” He said, glaring at my scoff, but seeming to regain his composure as he spoke, an excited and dangerous look covering his face.

“You overestimate your brain. I think you are quite dumb.” I laughed slightly, taking a step back and shoving my hair out of my face again and turning away from him. “And weak if you still had to knock me out. But then again I always thought your sister was the brains behind this all… I guess she was. Speaking of her. Think she’s dead yet?” I asked, glancing over my shoulder and smirking as I noticed the look on his face. I was getting tired of this back and forth but I didn’t have anything else I could do. I couldn’t escape and if he was meeting Alice she would probably end up dead; I just didn’t know which one of us he would kill first.

“You know knocking you out was necessary to transport you. Don’t act like you could possibly be superior to me.” Zack hissed, his voice getting icy as I sat back down in the chair. “Behave yourself. I’ll be back soon.” He said, turning away from me and moving towards the door.

“Wait!” I called, forcing my voice to stay steady as I watched him turn around, looking curious. “Can you bring me a mirror? I want to look nice when you finally kill me.” I asked, my tone slightly sarcastic as I put on what I hoped looked like a sadistic smile. In all honesty I wanted to make sure I didn’t look like such shit for when his plan went down, or even if it went down. I didn’t want to look so weak. I could tell that all of the minor cuts and bruises had healed, but the bigger ones were still open and that was a bad sign. If I wasn’t healing properly he could kill me easier. Sometimes I hated being half human more than being half demon, and this was definitely one of those times.

He gave me a weird look before returning my smile with a grin. “I guess you do deserve at least one dying wish” He answered before turning away from me again and leaving, the door closing with a hollow thud behind him.

*******

The door finally opened what felt like hours later but in reality was probably only half an hour. At the sound of it closing again and footsteps getting closer I lifted my head out of my hand and opened my eyes, catching the mirror that he tossed at me. “Thanks.” I choked out, holding back a cough as more dust filled my lungs.

“I’ll be back in fifteen minutes, I have a few more errands to run.” Zack said, giving me a look that told me not to try anything. I wasn’t up for it at this point so he was in luck.

“And why should I care?” I asked, lifting my eyebrows at him and tilting my head a bit, narrowing my eyes as he laughed.

“You have half an hour to live. You have fifteen of those thirty minutes alone. Enjoy.” He chuckled to himself, turning away and pulling open the door open and letting it slam behind him.

I rolled my eyes at him and his dramatic actions before lifting the mirror so I could see my reflection. The woman in the mirror was someone I could hardly recognize, even if she was supposed to be me. Her face was drained of all colour except for a green tinge around the edges and dried blood in a few random places. Her eyes were a dull blue that looked devoid of hope and filled with sadness. With a sigh I set the mirror onto my lap and ran a hand through my hair, pulling it back into a ponytail and looking around. It didn’t look like there was anything I could do to make myself look better. If this fucker wanted to show Alice my death…. “No.” I spoke out loud to myself, my voice low and rough. “I can get out of this. You can do this.” I said, continuing to speak out loud, trying to prevent myself from letting the dark thoughts from taking over. “I can get out… and if I can’t get out then I’ll kill myself before he can get to me.” I muttered, looking down at the devils trap, studying the paint. It looked freshly dry and I could probably lure him… but if not. I’d need a way to finish things myself. I looked down at the mirror in my hands and weighed my options for a moment before smashing it over my knee, grabbing a large jagged piece and examining it under the light. “Perfect.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! This one was almost 5000 words! It was a lot longer than I expected considering the original chapter was so short.

Thanks to Sarina for editing

Rate, comment, subscribe, recommend, etc.