‹ Prequel: Date Night
Sequel: Denver
Status: Another one-shot!

Soft Puppy, Warm Puppy.

1/1

It was a warm day in downtown Baltimore, Alex and Jack were roaming the streets and visiting shops without a care in the world. Their next stop was the pet shop, always the pet shop. The boys loved to look at all the animals, especially the dogs. They both preferred dogs over cats, by a long shot. They are man's best friend, of course!
They entered the store with huge grins on their faces, their hands clasped together and swinging between their bodies. "Hey, Jack, Alex! Good to see ya!" The owner of the store, Matt, called to them from behind the register, sucking his lip ring into his mouth. "Hey, Flyzik!" The two boys replied cheerily and made their way over to the large playpen-like area that was sectioned off to hold different pups of all sorts.
The pair made their way through the dog section, cooing and awing at each one, smiling and pointing at them in joy. They walked to the last section, which held a teeny brown and white Papillon. Alex and Jack let out twin gasps as they laid eyes on the pup, their eyes widening in excitement. "Oh my God!" The shorter of the two squealed, his hands flying up to cover his mouth as he stared at the puppy. The taller boy's jaw dropped and he knelt down by the short wall separating him from the dog, reaching his hand out to said dog, scratching behind it's ears gently. "Oh my God, babe, it's so soft!" Jack observed, his lips spreading into a soft smile.
"Yeah?" Alex hummed, crouching down beside the other boy and starting to pet the pup as well. "Holy shit, he is!" The elder agreed, turning his head to grin at his fiance. "I think this one's my favorite so far!" Jack commented, focusing all his attention on the cute creature in front of him. "Hey, Matt! Could we take this one out and play with it?"
"Of course!" Matt called back to him from his position behind the register. "Score.." The Lebanese man mumbled to himself as he lifted the small dog out of it's playpen and set it on his lap, now running his hand along the puppy's back. The English boy smiled and continued petting the canine. "Jay, it's adorable!" He said gleefully. The dog couldn't seem happier, it's tail was wagging so fast it could've fallen off, and he turned his head to give Jack's hand an appreciative lick, then did the same to Alex's hand.
"Aww!" The boys cooed, their hearts just about melting at how cute the dog was. "I think we should adopt him, baby! He loves us!" The younger boy suggested, now turning to look at his partner. "Really, kitten?" The other boy asked, shocked at what he was hearing. Yeah, the puppy was cute, but were they ready for that? Adopting a dog together was a big step in a relationship! The raven-haired boy sensed Alex was hesitant about it, and he whined softly at his beau, a soft pout adorning his lips. "Pleeeeeease, 'Lex?"
"I dunno, babe.." Alex muttered unsurely, beginning to purse his lips in thought. "Dogs are a lot of work..." His fiance let out a soft scoff at that and rolled his eyes before replying, "I know, babe, but just think about it, he'll be a new addition to our little family! It's like practice for having a kid!"
"Kids?!"
"If we wanted to have them, I mean!" Jack corrected quickly, seeing the other male's eyes widen in shock at his words. Alex calmed down a little at this, before letting out a small sigh. "I guess you're right, Jack."
"Yay! What should we name him?" The taller boy replied with delight, jumping up with the dog in his arms. The shorter boy stood up as well, shrugging his shoulders. "Sebastian?"
"I think that's perfect." Jack grinned and pressed a kiss into his lover's chestnut-colored hair.

-----

After paying for Sebastian and all his necessities and filling out tons of paperwork, the two boys were leaving, heading back home with their pup in tow. "I'm so glad we did this, Jacky." The shorter boy said with a firm smile as they walked, giving gentle tugs on Sebastian's leash now and then when the puppy would stop and smell the area for longer than was necessary, and each time, Sebastian would begin happily trotting along again, until getting distracted by more scents.
"Me too, 'Lexy," Jack started, a wide grin on his face as he stopped each time his fiance did, watching him and their new addition to the family. "And for the record, I'd love to have kids with you." He said quickly before laughing and starting to walk again, not missing the shocked expression on the English boy's face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is adorable, ugh. I was going to have them adopt a kitten, but then it wouldn't be "a lot of work" because they're pretty independent and whatever, so I just made them get Baz! I really hope you like this, because I do, and I was having a lot of trouble writing it.