I'm Not Insane

I'm Not Insane

"What did you need Constance?" he asked sweetly as he turned away from Leana to me.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to say hello, I haven't spoken to you in a while," I nodded slowly, getting a sigh from Leana.

"Oh, well yeah it's been a while, so hey."

“Hi,” I half waved, Leana grunting and hitting herself with a paperback book.

“Leana?” James looked to her. “You okay?”

“Just fine,” She growled.

"She doesn't like how the writer portrayed the young male figure, he's sort of shy instead of brave like she wished," I nodded slowly. "I have to say, I agree completely."

"Never read it," he nodded slowly. "We'll I better get back to work, good talking to you."

"You too, bye James."

"Bye James," Leana mumbled.

“Bye, Leana,” He smiled warmly before walking off, Leana sitting up and spitting at me.

"What the hell was that for?" I avoided the spit and glared at her. "Cuss me, hit me but don't spit on me, I hate that."

"I'm sorry," she grumbled and pointed at me. "Why?"

"Because," I shrugged. "I didn't say anything anyway."

“But still,” she sighed.

“You’ll get over it,” I mumbled under my breath. “Big baby…”

"I'm not a big baby," she pouted and crossed her arms; I just raised one eyebrow till she huffed and put her arms down. "Fine."

"I didn't cause any harm."

“Only to my ego,” She stated, chuckling.

"He didn't know why I called him over," I grinned as I threw that book at her, she caught it and laughed.

“Look out!” Someone called from behind, a book flying through the air and smacking Leana on the back of the head.

“Mother fucker.”

I sneered and looked across the room at one of the patients. "Watch where you throw books!"

"Sorry!"

"Bullshit," she grumbled rubbing her head. "I think I'm bleeding."

“Let me see,” I asked as she flipped her head forward, blood rushing everywhere. “Yes, you are bleeding."

"Great," she grumbled as I helped her up and waved Thomas over.

"What's going on?" he asked as he walked over and grimaced. "Why is she bleeding?"

"Someone threw a book and hit her in the head."

“Well,” Thomas huffed and stood Leana up. “James, take Leana to the nurse.”

“What happened?” He asked, care in his voice.

“Someone hit me in the fucking head with agod damned book,” She barked.

"Weren't you hitting yourself with a book a few minutes ago?"

"Yes, but I wasn't trying to bludger myself to death," she snapped as he took her down the elevator.

"She can find trouble anywhere," I sighed.

“It would seem,” He nodded slowly, laughing.

"So," I said softly as I turned to Thomas, "How have you been?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Pretty good, slightly bummed."

"Why?" I asked softly.

"I can't get through my grandfather's phone, he's apparently to busy," he sighed. "But I'll drive by his house tonight."

"Oh," I nodded. "Thank you."

“Welcome,” He nodded slowly and kissed my cheek.

What the hell?

I blushed unintentionally as he started to walk back towards his desk; I grabbed his hand and leaned up, kissing his cheek. "You really don't have to do all this; I'll gladly be fine with you just being my friend."

"I want to help you," he smiled as he pointed back to the rooms. "Go rest."

“Uh, okay,” I nodded and wandered off to my room.

As soon as I sat down on my bed, I closed my eyes and let my body fall back against the sheets, frozen in time I had a vision, thankfully no one was around. But this vision made me feel amazement and embarrassment, on a big bed where two bodies, this time I could see clearly, barely any fading as the two bodies rolled around in the white sheets, making love to one another it was painfully obvious. But who it was, was unfamiliar but it seemed so close, like I could tell who it was but I couldn't get it out of my head, on the tip of my tongue. "Are you okay?"

"What?" I blinked and it went away, filled by Thomas staring down at me. "Vision."

"What was it about?"

"Uh," I looked away.

What do I say now?

“What was it?” He asked again.

“Nothing,” I looked away.

"Are you sure?" he sat down beside me and looked me in the eyes, light blue today.

"Yeah," I nodded frantically as I looked away again. "Why did you say come lay down?"

"You need rest, I can tell," he nodded slowly.

“I guess so,” I tried my hardest not to yawn.

"I know so," he smiled as he lay down beside me. "I'm taking a nap too, as long as they don't come looking for me, I'm fine."

"Good night," I tried not to look panicky.

"Good night Constance."

“Thomas?” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment

Image --This is what I think Constance looks like.