I'm Not Insane

I'm Not Insane

"I promise, you don't need it and I'm you're attendee so it'd have to go through me," he explained as he rubbed my arm comfortingly. "You're a good kid Constance; I won't let them change you with their treatments."

"Thanks Thomas," I smiled. "You're a really good friend."

“So are you, Constance,” He nodded.

"I haven't ever had a friend," I stated honestly as I grabbed his hand and held it. "It feels nice to call someone a friend."

"You've never had a friend before, Constance?" he questioned giving my hand a slight squeeze.

"No," I shook my head softly. "I had my grandfather and that was all I ever needed."

“Oh,” He sighed. “I’ll be your friend, I promise you that.”

“Thank you… So much.”

"No problem," he smiled as he looked down at his wrist watch with a sigh. "I'm sorry to say it but I have to go, I got some plans in an hour and if I break them, Sarah will be pissed."

Who's Sarah?

"Alright, have fun," I smiled as I stood up with him, he pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Don't let them get you down Connie, I know Richards is an ass, but ignore him," he smiled.

"Bye Tommy," I smiled.

“Bye,” He grinned back, waving, and passed Leana as she walked over to me.

“Hey,” She said softly and sat next to me. “What’s up?”

"Nothing," I shrugged. "What about you?"

"James told me to go play with my friends," she giggled. "He said I was annoying him."

"That's rude," I said slowly. "Why would he say that?"

"Nah, he was laughing," she smiled.

“You like him.”

“I’m not allowed!” She whined.

"You're not?" I asked grinning wide eyed. "I didn't know that."

"Well, its not forbidden but its not something they like here," she sighed. "And I don't think he likes me like that."

“I bet you could seduce him.”

“With what skills?” She chuckled. “I’ve never been kissed!”

"Dude, me either," I chuckled shrugging my shoulders. "Wouldn't that be something getting our first kisses in here."

"To James," she said dreamily.

"To someone," I chuckled.

"Oh you want Thomas," she whispered. "You know it."

“Hush!” I held up my hand. “Don’t let anyone hear you!”

“So you do like him?” She wiggled her eyebrows.

"He's likable," I shrugged as I sat up on the end of my bed. "But he also is going to see a girl named Sarah."

"Sarah?" she mocked. "Bet she's ugly."

"Leana," I chuckled as she grinned cheeky. "I bet she's beautiful."

“Sure,” She sneered and looked around. “I’m bored.”

"Me too," I grumbled as I stood up and pulled her off the ground. "Let's go meet James."

"Sure," she grinned, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the room.

"Great green gobs of gushy, grimy gopher guts, mutilated monkey's meat, little birdy's dirty feet, ten tall cans of teeny, tiny turtle turds, me without a fork but I gotta spoon," I sang slowly, earning a weird look from Leana.

"What in the hell?"

"My grandfather used to sing it to make me feel better," I giggled.

“Wow,” She chuckled lowly as she drug me up to a tall, skinny man.

“Hi, James,” Leana waved frantically.

"Hello Leana," James smiled and waved at me. "Who is this?"

"This is Constance, she's my friend," she smiled and pushed me forward, I grinned and held my hand out.

"Hello James," I smiled.

“Hey, Constance,” He grinned and looked back to Leana. “What’s up?”

"Nothing really," she smiled and leaned against the wall, I smiled and slowly slipped away without them knowing.

"Hello," another woman walked up to me and twitched slightly. "I'm A-A-Annabelle."

“Hi, I’m Constance,” I smiled. “Nice to meet you.”

“Y-You, too,” She nodded, grinning.

"You know what will help that stutter?" I whispered. "Sing, if you sing it will help it."

"R-R-Really?" she asked smiling, I nodded and waved goodbye to her, I got three feet away when I froze. It was a vision again, but this time it was different. The girl in white wasn't screaming now, but crying. The two men in the background were yelling and another person was there, beside the girl. Her brown hair darkened the white around her, her voice was faint when she whispered It will stop hurting, in just a few minutes, they were comforting.

"No," I whispered taking a deep breath, two in one day wasn't good. That usually went whatever vision I was having, was coming closer to the day.

"Are you alright?" Harry Richards was in front of me, staring wildly.

"Yes," I whispered as my breath hitched in my throat. "Why?"

“You just stopped functioning,” He explained.

“Oh,” I mumbled. “I’m fine.”

"Mhm," he said slowly as he walked away, I blew out a breath and walked over to the couch, sitting down in a hurry. Leana walked over and smiled, then frowned.

"What happened?"

"Richards caught me having a vision, he's suspicious."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image - James (Yes I know, it was Montana's idea and I think its funny)

Image