Status: In Progress

Alone

three

I wake up early, even earlier than Sam to pack my bags. I stayed up the most of the night thinking about what Dean said. Am I a weakness? Is he and Sam my weakness? I decided it would be best for everyone if I would just leave. I wouldn't be a weakness, and Dean and Sam wouldn't have to worry about me all the time. I wouldn't make Dean remember that night we had every time he sees me.

I grab my bag with my clothes and grab Dean's keys to unlock the Impala. I pop the trunk to grab all of my things. I grab my holsters, my guns, my knives, and a few other essentials for hunters. I sigh as I look at all of the weapons the boys have even after I've taken all of mine home, they really wouldn't notice would they? I mean, they've got a ton of shit, they've got each other, it's not like they really needed me anyway.

I close the trunk and lock the Impala, taking one last look at the black beauty. I go back into the motel room and set the keys back on the table. Should I write them a note? It's cheesy, but I should tell them I didn't get taken away by Crowley or something. I grab a napkin and pen from the table and start writing.

Hey boys, I'm okay, if you wanted to know. I decided last night we'd all be better off if I left you two, we all know it. Don't worry about anything and whatever you do, don't look for me, please. I love you boys.

I look at my note, and nod, somewhat pleased. I look at the boys who are sound asleep. I smile and take one last look at them before walking out the door. I don't exactly know where I'm going, but I'm almost positive I'm going to end up at a bar, drinking my feelings away. I walk to the edge of the sidewalk, and look both ways. I decide to start walking right, knowing there's a small town about a mile away. I can probably look for someplace to stay, or drink.

After about 15 minutes I see a sign that says 'George's Bar & Grill' I crack a small grin, now knowing where I'm going. I soon get to the front door and walk in. I walk over to the bar, and sit at the counter. "What can I get you?" says a bartender. He looks fairly young to be a bartender, maybe 24?

"Just some whiskey," I tell him. "Anything."

"Trying to forget some shit?" he asks. I look back up at him, he's grinning at me as he's leaning on the counter.

"You've been doing this for some time, huh?" I ask him. He nods his head as he goes to grab a bottle. He brings it back and pops off the cap. He hands it to me and smiles.

"On the house," he says. "I've seen a lot of you people, the people who say, just give me anything, something to get my mind of this stuff. You know, I haven't been doing this for 20 years, but in the time I have I start to see people regularly, and you start to just wish you could tell them to move on, you know?"

I nod my head, even though I don't know what he goes through. "Damn, is this place popular for that?" I ask him. He nods.

"No one really goes to the grill anymore, parents don't bring their kids to the grill either, because they know they'll see some guy, drunk as shit, and start something stupid." I nod my head, looking around. I see an old man a few seats away from me. He has about five bottles next to him. I see the bartender grab them and say his name, asking how's it going. The old man says what seems like a usual answer. 'Same.'

I look at the people playing pool a few feet away from the counter. They look like their having an okay time. No one really looks completely shot, but no one looks happy. This place looks like a funeral is going on. "Hey, are there any motels close here?" I ask the bartender.

"Uh, yeah. There's one a few miles down the road. It's called the Ramada I think," he says, and wipes off the counter in front of him. I nod, thanking him. I give him the money and take my fourth bottle. I hop off the seat and grab my bag. I give the bartender a nod and walk out the doors. I start walking down the road. I'm going to need to get myself a car, fast.

I check into the motel, and walk to my room. It's a small room. It's not like this is new to me, we always have to sleep in motels, our job doesn't exactly allow us to have a house, and if we did, it would be a waste of money considering we don't ever stay there. The Impala is where we spent most of our time, but now I don't have the Impala. I have this motel, and this small town.

I set my bag on only bed in the room, considering I'm the only one staying here now, not with two roommates sleeping next to me. I take out some clothes and put them on, and throw the sweaty ones I'd worn walking here on the floor next to the bed. I decide to keep my weapons in the bag, just in case some idiot decides to come in. I always put the 'do not disturb' sign on the door, making sure no housekeepers come in.

I set my bag on the floor next to my bed and grab the remote for the TV. I hop into my bed and turn on the TV, hoping something good is on. I hear my phone ringing in my pocket of the jeans I just took off. I groan and lean over the bed to grab them. I pull out my phone to answer. It's Sam. I click ignore and set it on the end table next to the bed. It's 12:00 P.M.

I watch a little bit of a sitcom I haven't learned the name of and decide to take a shower, forgetting I haven't taken one in two days. I smell myself, and cringe, I smell horrid. Good thing the bar reeked of alcohol or else it would've been embarrassing if anyone caught of whiff of what I smell like. I walk over the the bathroom and take off all of my clothes and set them on the floor. I hop into the shower, and cleanse myself, thanking whoever puts the soap in the shower. I do my business and climb out, wiping myself dry with a towel. I put my clothes back on and wrap my hair into a towel to dry it off a little quicker.

I walk into the room and sit back on the bed. My phone is beeping and I go over to look at it. Five missed calls from Sam and three from Dean. I roll my eyes and set it back on the end table. It rings again and I groan, picking it up. It's a text message this time. It's from Sam.

'Since u wont answer we just wanted to tell u were looking for u we cant just let u leave like that'

'I told you why I left just let it go Sam.'

I put my phone back down and look at the TV. The sun shines bright into my room, so I close the blinds. I walk back over to my bed and look at the text message. Why don't they listen? I told them we're better off away from each other, why won't they just stay away? They did it to each other, and they kept away from each other. I see headlights shine into my room and groan. That didn't take long. I hurry and take my hair out of the towel, and the door opens.

"You guys just don't listen do you?" I say, stiffly. Sam looks at me and Dean sits in one of the chairs by the table. "I told you not to look for me! Can't you idiots read?"

"Yes, and that's why we're here, great job at running away, by the way," Dean says, sarcastically.

"I can't go very far without a car, you jackass," I tell him, still as cold as the first thing I told him. He raises his eyebrows and looks away.

"Look, we can't just let you leave like that without searching for you," Sam tells me. I avert my eyes from Dean to him, and he's looking at me with sad eyes.

"You both know it's better if I left, don't you? I'm weaknesses to you guys, and you are mine. I'll be fine on my own, I can do this alone, without you guys," I tell them, mostly Sam, since he's not the one who's acting like he's not listening when he obviously is. Sam takes a seat on the bed, and I'm standing in front of both of them with damp hair, shorts, and a baggy shirt on.

"What made you think that? We've been doing fine for all these years together, why did you decide now that we're better off without you?" Sam asks. I glance over at Dean, who's looking at me again. As soon as we lock eyes he looks away.

"I know that if you had to choose between me or saving millions of people, you'd choose me, and I'd do that same for you guys, and we can't do that. Will you just listen to me on this one?" I tell them both this time. Dean looks at me and Sam's eyes haven't left me.

"We'll leave you alone," Dean says without hesitation. A little part of me is a bit sad he didn't fight to have me stay, even though that's what I wanted them to do. "Come on, Sam." Dean rises out of the chair and walks over to the door, waiting for Sam. Sam looks over at me. He stands up and walks over to me to wrap me into a hug.

"Don't be afraid to call us if you need anything, anything, okay?" Sam says. I look back up at him and smile.

"Thank you," I tell him, and only him. He nods, and tries to put out a smile for me, but isn't very successful. Dean opens the door and walks out, saying nothing and Sam follows him. "Bye, Sam." He turns around and waves. I look through the crack of the closed blinds and see Dean staring into the motel room and pulls out. I groan and flop on the bed. What a jackass.