Status: In Progress

Alone

five

I arrive in Salt Lake City by about 4 AM. I go to the first motel I see and ask them if anyone by the name of Lancaster is staying there. We always used that name for staying at motels, so we know who to look for if we ever get split up. The lady tells me they're in room 24. I smile and go out to the rooms. I soon find room 24 and start picking the lock, knowing they aren't there and they obviously didn't leave the door unlocked. I soon get it open and walk in. The whole room looks normal. It looks like they left, planning to come back, and haven't. I know this because Dean's burger is laying out on the table half eaten.

I get my bag on the floor and look around for any signs of where they went, or where they are now. I find a John's journal in one of the boy's bags. I flip to the back, that are the blank pages that the boys sometimes write things in to help them in future hunts. In the last page I find a set of coordinates. 67 54. I look farther into the bag to find the GPS. I enter the coordinates into the GPS and memorize the address it gives me. I put the GPS and journal back into the bag and run outside, locking the door behind me hoping the boys are there.

I get into the car and drive to the address. I park a little far away, so you can't see my car when you walk out. The place is an old warehouse, shocker. The windows are boarded up and it's pitch black inside. I grab a gun with silver bullets, and regular ones, my demon blade, holy water, and other small essentials that with fit on me. I walk into a door-less walkway. I get in and it's pitch black, I can't see anything. I take out my flashlight and put it under my hand that's holding my gun, stabilizing the light and the gun. The room I walk into is full of old boxes, and some of them are wet, and probably growing mold, it smells absolutely horrid. I scare some mice away when I shine the flashlight on them. I look around for a way up to the other floors. I see a ladder on a far wall and quickly walk towards it. I hold the flashlight and gun in one hand, pulling myself up with the other. I get to the second floor and there's one small light bulb in the middle of the room. There's nothing in this room, that I can see.

"Help," I hear a weak voice say. I look behind me at the sound of the voice. I see a blonde girl, maybe about 15, tied up in the corner. I rush over to her and kneel down.

"Are you alright?" I ask her. I take put my gun down close to me, just in case someone comes and decides to try and kick it away. I pull out my knife and cut the rope holding her hands together. She weakly nods her head. "Did you see who brought you here? Are there any others?"

"There's two other men, but I don't know where they are," she says with a gravelly tone, her voice cracking. "I swear the guys that took me had black eyes. I couldn't have mistaken them." Damn demons.

"Here, I'm going to help you down that ladder and take you out to my car, okay? It's the safest place right now," I tell her. She nods her head and I help her up. I put her arm around my shoulder and we make our way to the ladder. I go first just in case she falls because she's so weak. She makes it down safely and I quickly walk her outside, hoping no one has seen her or us yet. She gets into the car and I tell her to hide in the backseat. She does as she's told. I cut my arm, making blood pour out. I paint a demon warding symbol over her door, hoping it keeps demons from attacking her. She gives me a weird look but I ignore it, knowing she'll thank me later.

I make it up to the second floor again, just in case anyone else is in there, I look all around the room and I don't see anything. I climb up the ladder and I get halfway. I stop abruptly, hearing voices. I listen hoping to hear them clearer. "We're going to kick your ass, shitbag," I hear Dean's very familiar voice say. Another different voice chuckles, obviously finding this funny.

"Okay, you get back to us on that one when you aren't tied up, hmm?" the arrogant voice says. I roll my eyes, annoyed, and he isn't even saying to me. I absolutely hate demons. A few other voices talk, including Sam's and two others. I hear footsteps coming toward the ladder and I quickly climb down to the first floor, not make too much noise, thankfully. I run and hide behind one of the boxes. "I thought the Winchesters were supposed to be smart." The footsteps walk out of the warehouse and I peak around the box, making sure they're gone.

I quickly climb up the ladder up to the third floor and it's pitch black. I shine the flashlight around, soon finding Sam and Dean tied to a pole. I fight a smile when I see them. I run up to Sam, who's facing the direction of the ladder. I pull out my knife again and cut the rope holding them to the pole. "Thank you so much, Regan. I don't know where we'd be if it weren't for you," Sam says, quickly standing up.

"Yeah, no problem," I tell him. Dean says nothing, as usual. I hand Sam the gun and I hand Dean a knife, but not the demon blade, that's my baby. They won't kill any demons, but they will hold them off. "Do you know if there's any more other than those guys?"

"We haven't seen any more. And there's no more floors other than this one from what I've seen. So unless you've seen more, I'm guessing there isn't any," Sam says. I raise my eyebrows, surprised.

"You guy let a couple of demons outsmart you? Damn," I say, crossing my arms. Sam smiles and Dean rolls his eyes. "Oh don't get so butt hurt, Dean. It's a joke," I say, coldly. He looks away, probably rolling his eyes again, but I ignore it. "Well, how about we stop conversing and kick these guys asses?" Sam nods and we all climb down the ladder. As soon as we all get down the demons walk into the warehouse. I quickly turn off the flashlight and we all duck behind the boxes, hoping the demons walk this way. The demons walk to the ladder and as soon as they are all lined up waiting for the one in front of him to get up I stab the last one through the back. He lets out a scream and lights up from the inside. The two others stop and turn around, and are held down by Sam and Dean. I effortlessly kill both of them and wipe my hands off, smiling at Sam. He happily smiles back.

"I've missed you, Regan," he says, and puts an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer. We had always fit well together, even though his about 6'5" and I'm only 5'8". I smile, getting closer to him, and put an arm around his waist.

"I've missed you too, Sam," I tell him. I can feel his eyes looking down at me, but I don't look up. We walk out of the warehouse and I lead them to the car. "Before you say anything, this is not my car, okay? I'm borrowing it while I'm fixing up my real car. So don't make any smart-ass comments." I unlock the doors and see the blonde girl laying in the back. "It's okay, you're okay now," I tell her. She lets out a sigh of relief and sits back up. She's covered in blood from cuts and is full of bruises. Her hair is a knotted mess, she has holes all over her shirt. I wonder how long she's been in there.

Sam gets in the passenger seat and Dean climbs into the backseat with the girl. "Sorry, I never learned your name," I tell the girl.

"Emily," she says, still very weak. "Yours?"

"I'm Regan," I tell her. I point to Sam," This is Sam, and that is Dean right next to you." I look in the rear view mirror and see her smile as she looks at Dean. I mentally roll my eyes, not surprised. I didn't see Dean's reaction, but I don't really care. "I'm guessing you'd like to go to a hospital? Where's the closest one here?"

"There's one on 5th Avenue, next to the mall," she says. "Wait. You guys aren't scared? Not even surprised? There's guys with black eyes in there! They tortured us!"

"We're kind of used to it. It's kinda our job," Dean says. "We took care of them."

The girl still looks around, suddenly very confused, like she just realized three men with black eyes just tortured her. I take a quick glance in the rear-view mirror, to check on her, and I hate to admit it, but Dean too. She's staring at him, a little shock still in her eyes, but mostly admiration. He glances at her occasionally, checking if she's still staring at him, and she usually is. He looks out the window most of the time, and shifts around uncomfortably.

I soon pull into the hospital and I park in the front, right next to the door, expecting to leave very soon. I get out of the driver's side, and everyone else soon follows. "You don't need to walk me in, they'll probably suspect something," Emily says. I nod my head and give her a smile. She walks into the hospital and I lean on the car, not wanting to get back in just yet. Sam comes over and stands in front of me.

"So," he says, and looks at me.

"So," I say, smiling at him, holding out the 'o'.

"You think we did the right thing? Just letting her walk in?" He asks. I glance back over at the hospital and nod my head. "What is she supposed to say? I got tortured by three demons and I need help?"

I shrug my shoulders,"Sure? She'll figure it out. She seemed pretty interested in Dean." I try to make it sound like I don't care, but it slips out like I'm jealous.

"He sure wasn't interested in her. He looked pretty creeped out," Sam replies, and leans up against the car.

"You guys do realize I'm right here?" Dean says, and we both look over our shoulders. He's standing on the other side of the car. Sam lets out a chuckle, I just blow it off.

"Well why don't you socialize?" Sam asks. He just shakes his head and goes back into the car. I roll my eyes and look in front of me again. "He's really mad at you," Sam states. I nod my head.

"I've noticed," I tell him. "I haven't even found out why. He was the one who poured out his feelings to me, he was the one saying it would be better if we didn't get any closer than just friends. All I did was leave, and he seems to be pretty fine with that." I stop myself as I soon realize that I just said that out loud.

"He's probably putting off his problems, like he usually does," Sam tells me. He puts his arm around me. "He'll come around." I smile up at Sam, his tall figure towering over mine. I'm glad I still have Sam. I'd be absolutely lost without him. I'd have no one to tell my problems and stories to. I can't believe I spent this whole time worrying about Dean, and about what he's doing, and not Sam. Sam deserves my utmost attention, because he gives me his.

"Thanks Sam," I look up at him. He smiles down at me and pulls me closer. "I don't know what I'd do without you." He smiles even bigger. As if almost on cue, Dean gets out of the car.

"Can we go now? Please?" He snaps. I raise my eyebrows.

"Whoa, calm down there," I say. He rolls his eyes and gets back into the car. Sam walks over to the passenger side and gets in. I get in the car and put the keys in the ignition, soon regretting when I'll have to confront Dean about why he's being such an ass..