Status: active!

Alone Together

prologue.

Prologue.

“We have successfully descended into the London area. The local time is 3:32 and the temperature is 20 degrees Celsius, 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Please remain seated until the captain turns off the seatbelt sign, and thank you for choosing Delta. Have a great day and enjoy your stay in London, England.”

Mary-Kate wiped at her eyes as she awoke from her sleep that she had been in for the past couple hours while on her flight to London. She was shocked that she actually fell asleep, considering the fact that her coming here was not wanted on her agenda. Mary-Kate’s mother, Renee, worked in marketing and she had to go to Spain for the next eight months to work, and sadly, she wouldn’t allow Mary-Kate to go, and she definitely wasn’t going to let her stay home alone. So, that was the reason Mary-Kate was forced on a plane to London to go live with her father and step-mother, with an upset stomach, crusty eyes, and tear-stained cheeks from crying nearly the whole entire flight.

Mary-Kate’s mom and dad got a divorce when she was going into fifth grade. She thought her family was perfect; her mom was a stay-at-home-mom and her father was a successful employee at a law firm that was located in Columbus, Ohio. She loved her life, she loved her friends, and she loved her parents and her home and thought nothing could go wrong. Until her parents’ relationship crumbled to pieces out of thin air. It was something that Mary-Kate had an extremely hard time processing and it took her a long time to stop wondering why and how her parents didn’t love each other anymore.

Her father decided to move to England once he met Carla online. They apparently talked for months, even before he divorced Mary-Kate’s mother, and eventually he packed his bags and flew to England to be with her and her two children. They ended up getting married two years later, and Mary-Kate wasn’t sure if she would ever forgive him for up and leaving them. She didn’t talk to her dad much right when he left, but after he got married to Carla, it was obvious how happy he was with her, and that made Mary-Kate accept it a little bit more. Just not to the extent of going to live with them for the next eight months.

It would be a rough eight months without Mary-Kate’s mother by her side. After the divorce, her mother had to go get a job so she could afford to take care of herself and her only child. Despite having a single, working mother who wasn’t home all of the time because there was no man to take care of the financial needs, Mary-Kate had a great relationship with her mom as she always did, which is why it broke her heart so much to leave her.

Once the plane ever-so-gracefully landed on the tarmac, Mary-Kate clipped off her seatbelt and turned her cell phone on to see if she got any messages while she was thousands and thousands of miles in the air. She definitely wasn’t a new flyer, considering her best friend moved away to California and she flew there a few times every year, so she wasn’t afraid to clip off her seatbelt wondering if she would get into trouble by one of the prim stewardesses. Her current circumstances also caused her to give little thought to the rules that she was supposed to follow while being aboard an aircraft, and she didn’t think that was her fault; she blamed her life and the terrible direction it was going.

After the plane came to a complete stop, all of the passengers hopped up from their seats and pushed down the aisle, eager to get off the aircraft. Mary-Kate grabbed her pink carry-on suitcase from the overhead compartment and headed down the aisle once it was clear, before getting off the plane and finding the well-dressed man with the sign that read Mary-Kate Russell.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so i'm going to try a Harry story, and i kind of thought this idea might be interesting. i just wanted to introduce what it was about and hopefully get a few people interested. it will definitely pick up in a chapter or so, so please give me some feedback so i know what your guys' thoughts are. thank you very much. enjoy. :)