Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

1. There's no way to know

1. There's no way to know

There's no way to know what life is going to bring us. Who we're going to meet or what we're going to do. 

That's what I thought the night I met Him. I was just drafted as the first woman in the NHL. As my luck would have it I was running late and not watching where I was going; suddenly I walk straight into a wall. Okay it wasn't really a wall but it sure felt like it. No it was a very fit 6'0 tall hockey player. 

"Are you alright?" He asked in a slight accent as he picks me up off the floor. 'Yeah except my pride,' I think but I am suddenly unable to vocalize as I stare into his deep blue eyes.

"Y-yes," I stammer. 'Smooth Nic now he'll think your an idiot.'

He smiles and it feels like the wind has been knocked out of me. 

"Hey Talbot! What's taking so long?" We both turn just as Jordan, Marc and Kris walk around the corner
. "Hot damn Max who's this beauty?" Jordan asks.

Max looks at me and realizes that he still has my hand in his. He quickly drops it and says, " don't know Staalsy I was just about to introduce myself. I'm Max Talbot and these idiots are Jordan, Marc, and Kris. And you are?" He asks, clearly waiting for me to say something.

" oh, I'm Nicole Green." I say.
"So your the new rookie Dans been telling us about," Marc says in his French accent.
'Thats so cute,' I think but I say , "yeah that's me unless another female plays here too."
"Oooh, sassy I like it," Jordan says staring down at me. 

"Let's go boys. What's the hold up?" I turn and see my new coach, Dan, walking toward us.
'Great first impression Nic' runs through my mind as he walks up.
"Ah, you must be Nicole. I'm Dan it's nice to finally meet you."
"Thank you Sir, I'm happy to be here."
"I bet but you didn't have to come to practice until tomorrow. " he says.
"I know I just wanted to get a feel for the place. I didn't mean to hold the guys up," I say giving them a half smile.
"It's all good," Dan says to me as he turns to face the small group beside us
. "Hit the ice boys we're fixing to start."
"Yes Coach," they all say.
"Catch ya after Nic," Jordan says with a wink, as they turn and head out to the ice. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was sitting on the bench as the team did drills, offense on one side and defense on the other. 'Boy these guys can fly,' I think. Coach saw me and skated over during the break.

"Why don't you go grab you skates and come on out here. Get a feel for the ice before tomorrow's practice."
"Sure," I say and walk back to the locker room.

I had been given a tour of the arena the week before and knew my way around pretty well. As I sat in my locker and laced up my skates I took a moment and let out a little squeal and a victor dance. 'I can't believe I'm actually here,' I think to myself.
Suddenly I hear a quiet chuckle coming from the bathroom. I turn and see Max standing in the door way in his under armor.

"Please, don't stop on my account," he says with a cheeky grin.

I feel myself blush and I look down. He stops laughing so I look up.

"I didn't mean to embarrass you," he says in a serious tone.
"It's ok I just thought I was alone," I say as I look into his blue eyes.
"What are you doing back here?" I ask trying to change the subject.
"Getting re-taped by Doc. The new intern didn't get it tight enough," he says, " what about you?"
"Dan invited me onto the ice so I could get a feel for it before tomorrow's practice."
"Your part of the team Nic. You don't have to be invited on the ice," he states as he gets back into his gear.
I can feel myself starting to blush again as I say, "I know. I was gona wait for y'all to clear out."
He finishes lacing up and says, "well lets go see what you got," and holds the door open so we can head back out. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! This is my first chapter so let me know what you think and I'll add more if you like it!