Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

10. Argument settled

10. Argument settled 

Finding Sidney was easier said then done. I drove around the entire city of Pittsburgh, called his cell dozens of times, stopped by his house, and a couple of places he had mentioned a few days before that he likes to visit. I finally head to the rink hoping to work off some frustration before my date tonight. 

As I pull in to the team parking lot, I see Sidney's SUV sitting by the entrance. 'Of course he's here' I think, now I'm bordering on pissed off. I hop out of my car and storm into the building. I can hear blades cutting through the ice and I know instantly that he has been here all along. 

Instead of heading out and giving him a piece of my mind, I go to the locker room and throw on my workout clothes. I just get settled into a good rhythm on the treads, Sidney walks in.

"Hey, Nicole." I ignore his greeting and continue with my run closing in on my seven minute mile. I feel him walk up next to me but I keep my eyes focused straight ahead. 

"Um...are you ok?" He asks.

'Stupid question,' "yeah."

"you sure?"
"Yep, why wouldn't I be?" I clip back finally looking at him.
"You didn't say anything when you came in," he says.
"Oh that. Well you see I've called your cell and driven all over freaking Pittsburgh looking for you, only to find you here skating in circles!" I say as my voice rises along with my temper. 

"Hey! I didn't do anything wrong," he shoots back," why are you searching for me anyway? Isn't Max waiting for you," he says but quickly tries to backtrack," Nic, I'm sorry I didn't....." But it's to late and I'm seeing red.

"First off if you had waited around like the others did you would have found out that all we did last night was sleep but instead you acted like a complete ass and left! Secondly I was searching for you, so I could explain because your suppose to be my friend! And don't you EVER insinuate that I'm a whore, Sidney Patrick Crosby! I do NOT sleep around, and if I did it wouldn't be ANY of your business!" I finish off, feeling my anger start to fade. 

He just stares at me for a few moments before finally saying," Your right, Nic. I'm sorry for acting like an ass and a bad friend. I just....I know how Max is, and I don't want you to get hurt, you know. I mean he's a great friend but as a boyfriend.....well I don't think he knows the meaning honestly."

I was surprised he gave up so easily, I guess I was expecting a fight but he didn't give it.

"Just be safe okay?" He asks me with such sincerity that I'm stunned silent.
"Nicole?"
"Yeah, Sidney, I will be. Thanks," I say with a tentative smile.

He returns it and gives me a hug. My smile grows as I feel his strong arms around me and know we're good now. 

He pulls away and looks down at me and asked," so what are you doing now?"
"Um....I guess going home to get ready for tonight."
"What's tonight?"
"Max asked me out, on a date," I say biting me lip.
"Oh, cool. Well you want to get lunch first?" He asks, his brown eyes sparkling.
"Sure," I answer him as we leave the weight room, heading for the parking lot. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Ouch! That hurt. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter so I hope you enjoy and don't forget to leave your thoughts!