Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

12. Dog park hang out

12. Dog park hang out

I wake up the next morning in my bed, with a warm body next to me. I roll over and see Max sleeping soundly. He looks so young when he sleeps, and I see his lips move before a slight smile forms on his face. I moved closer and gently pressed my lips to his. He responds and as he wakes up returns the kiss while deepening it. 

"We'll good morning to you too," he says with a sleepy smile.
"Go back to sleep; I have to go out for a few."
"Where too?" He asked me.

Just then Rex trots in and jumps on the bed.

"Oh, ole boys gotta go out huh?"
"Yep," I laugh as Rex gives him a slobbery kiss.

I roll out of bed and head for the bathroom when I hear the bed shift.

"I'll come with you," he says following me out of the room.
I chuckle and say, "okay, but first You, sir, need some clothes on."
"What? Don't like what you see?"

Ten minutes later, Max, Rex, and I head out the door.

When we reach the street, Max looks at me and I say, "this ways," I say pointing south, " is a dog park we usually go too. If you'd rather, that way," I point to the north, "is a nice coffee shop."

"How about both?" He says smiling at me. "But coffee first, pleeeeaaassseee."

"Okay." 

We walk for a couple of minutes without saying anything and when I look at him I can still see him smiling.

"What's up?" I ask.
"You do realize that I've lived here for two years right?"
" Yeah, why?"
"Weeelll."
"Spit it out, Talbo," I say poking his ribs.
"I just thought it was cute, you trying to direct us like I'm new here," he says with a cheeky grin.
"Oh," I say," I didn't even think of that."

He laughs at me and I join in as we reach the coffee shop. 
I wait outside with Rex as he goes in to order. As I sit there, a little girl and her Dad walk by.

"Looky, Daddy! A puppy!" She says excitedly.
"Careful baby, he might not be friendly," her dad cautions.
"Is he nice?" She asks me.

"Absolutely, sweetheart, you can pet him if you want," I say this last part to her dad; he smiles and tells her it's fine and she timidly sticks out her hand to pet him. Rex was trained to be a therapy dog so he knows how to behave himself.

As she gets more comfortable I turn to her dad, "I'm Nicole," I say trying to be nice.
"Jeff," he shakes my hand, "and this is Emma."
"Hello, Emma, it's nice to meet you both." 

Just then, Max comes out carrying out drinks. I smile at him as he comes to the table and introduce him to Emma and Jeff. We talk for a few minutes, take pictures and sign a couple of things for them and then head to the park. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We get there and I immediately let Rex off his leash. He takes off running as I head to the bench by the pond.

"Where's he going?" Max asks me as he sits down.
"His usual route I guess. He'll be back in a minute from that direction," I point to the south. Sure enough, a few minutes later we can see Rex coming back over the hill.

"Your not worried that he won't come back?"
"I was the first time, but Borders are known for their loyalty. That's the main reason I picked the breed." 

Just then Rex reaches us panting but clearly happy.

"He sure is a happy guy," Max says as he pets him and Rex wags his tail in response.
"How does he do when you go on trips? Who keeps him?"

"Well, he would stay with my roommate in college but Geno gave me the name of the woman who keeps Jeffery, so she's going to keep him for me," I say a little dishearten. 

Max picks up on this and puts his arm around me, pulling me close.

"He'll be alright you know, and we'll be back soon."
"I know, just wish he could come with us. I feel bad leaving him and I know we'll be gone a lot this season." 

We sit like this for a while longer, just talking and enjoying the day. It starts to cloud over and we decide to head back to my apartment. When we get a block away the sky decides to open up and rain starts poring down. We both sprint down the sidewalk with Rex leading the way.

"Damn, he is fast," Max says as we enter my apartment.
"Told you so," I say grinning from ear to ear. Max looks at me and a slow smile creeps onto his face.
"Nicole...." He says letting my name trail off.

I see a mischievous look appear in his eyes, "Max," I say in a warning tone just as he lunges. 

I scream and jump out of the way and he chases me around the room. He catches me just as I pass the couch.
"Put me down!" I tell him.

He spins me in his arms so fast that my balance is thrown off and I fall onto the couch. He falls with me and lands on top. I'm giggling and he laughs along before kissing me passionately. 

I melt under him, turning to complete mush, as he slowly moves his hands up my waist. I just feel his gentle caress when there's a knock at the door.

"Ugh," I groan.
"Leave it," he breathes into my neck and then kissed the same spot. 

I shiver and wrap my arms around his neck but the knock turns to pounding.

"Open up! We know your both in there," a very distinctive French accent yells through the door.

Max mumbles something in French as he rises off of me. I laugh at him and open the door to a very happy Flower. 

He walks in like he owns the place and spotting Max says, "I told you he was already here," as the others come in behind him.

"Max, love," Geno says giving me a big hug, "and Geno love," his smile makes me laugh.
" I love you too, G." 
"No love for me?" Kris asks from behind me.
"Of course," I say as I hug him too. 

Sidney walks in with one hand behind his back and a huge grin on his face. He one arm hugs me.

I ask, "what's that?"

He pulls his arm around and it's a present. I can tell he did it himself because its clearly nonprofessional.

"Surprise!"
"What's this for?"
"Late birthday present."
"Sid, my birthdays in December."
"Okay, early birthday present." 

I shake my head and laugh at him. I walk back to the couch and sit in between Max and Geno. I slowly take off the paper and see that it's a movie. I flip the box over and see 'Rocky' on the front.

"Ugh! Nooo! Come On!" Runs around the room as the other guys see what it is. 

I look at Sidney and he looks like a kid on Christmas morning.

"Thanks, Sid. Now I can say I own the one movie that 'every American has seen'" I try to quote him from a few weeks ago.

"Yeahhh thanks, now we can watch it at the one place we all knew didn't have it," Max says sarcastically. I hit Max on the leg when I see Sidney deflate a little. 

"You don't have to watch it if you don't want too. I just thought you might like to."

I hop up and quickly give him a hug and say, "seriously, thank you. Lets watch it now."

I go to pop in and I hear a collective sigh from the other guys. I turn enough to glare at them and they shut up right away.

"Popcorn?" I ask as I walk to the kitchen.

I hear footsteps behind me and turn to see Max following. I open the pantry and reach up trying to get the box down with out having to get my step ladder out, did I mention that I'm really short? 

I hear him chuckle and he walks up behind me. He presses into me as he easily reaches the box. I turn and see the bottom of his abs peaking out from under his shirt. I look up and see him looking down at me.

"Hate being short," I say in an attempt to cove my being caught.

"You are perfect, Baby," he says giving me a quick kiss. He catches my bottom lip and nips it quickly before pulling away. I give him my best evil eye.

"I want to finish what we started." I see his eyes flash with lust and passion before it quickly fades.

"Later," is all I manage to say as the timer goes off to signal that the popcorn is done.

I grab the bags and pour them into separate containers. Max gets a few drinks out of my fridge and we go back to watch the movie. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!