Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

16. Hospital

16. Hospital 

The ambulance rushes me through the doors and into X-ray, a perk of being famous I guess. Doc had ridden with me. After they take the X-ray the nurse wheels me into a private room to await the results; another perk. 

I'm sitting there talking to Doc when the door opens. The first thing I see is a huge flower arrangement followed by the entire Pens team. They must have made Max go last because I don't see him until the door closes. 

"Awe, guys! Y'all didn't have too," I say as Geno puts them on my side table.

"We didn't," Flower says. I give him a confused look and he continues, "we picked them up at the front desk. Some girl named Maria wot be getting her flowers," he finishes. My jaw drops and the guys burst out laughing. 

I join for a split second then my ribs remind me that I can't.

"Owe! Don't make me laugh it hurts to much!"

This shuts them up and Max asks, "any word yet?" Then the door opens and the Doctor comes in. When he looks up from my chart he pauses before continuing. 

"Good evening everyone. I'm Dr. Armstrong. How are you feeling tonight, Miss Green?" 
"Sore, but not as bad as earlier."

"Good, good. Now I have your X-rays and test back. Your blood work is perfect and all your vitals are excellent also," he pauses and looks around be fore continuing, "now in order for me to continue I must have your consent to reveal your X-rays to everyone or else they must leave the room, for privacy purposes of course."

"Their family Doc."

He smiles and walks over to the light board and puts the shots up. "Well as you can see there is no fracture or crack. From what I see here you have a severe abrasion or deep tissue bruise. You'll be out four to six weeks or as your team doctor sees fit. Other than that your perfectly fine. Just ice the area two to three times a day to keep the swelling down and take something for the swelling, anything generic will work. You can still travel with the team just no strenuous work for a while. Any questions?" 

"When can I leave?" 

"As soon as the paper work is done Miss Green," he smiles at us again and says his goodbyes and leaves.

Fifteen minutes later, Jordan is wheeling me out the back exit, apparently they don't let you walk out of hospitals. I see the bus as we leave the doors and look at the group.

"What did y'all do? Drive straight over here?" The guys all give me a sheepish look and I realize I was right.
"We didn't know how serious you were or not," Sidney answers me.
"Yeah, if it was serious we all wanted to be here for you," Pascal says.
"Besides, Max wouldn't have let us go anywhere else first," Kris says with a cheeky grin as he and Marc help me onto the bus.
"Damn right. I was worried about my girl," Max says from in front of us.
"Our girl," Geno calls as he sits next to me. 
I smile at the guys and will myself not to cry.
"Lets get going boys."
"Coach order food," Geno says, right then his stomach growls. He gives me an adorable smile as the rest of the guys fall into fits of laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
How 'bout that feedback? Let me know what you think!