Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

23. Watching Her Leave

23. Watching Her Leave

(Flowers POV)
I had to leave the room. Max was going to tell the guys and I just couldn’t listen again. Sure he never slept with the other women but cheating was cheating. We had all thought he had finally grown out of his playboy ways. We all knew he loved Nicole but now I think he doesn’t know the meaning of the word. I would never do that to Véronique, she is my whole world

Just then the door clicked open. I wasn’t expecting anyone else so that left only one option on who was coming through my door; Nicole and Vero were back. They shouldn’t be back so soon. How was I going to stall them? Nicole didn’t deserve to find out like this.

“Hey Flower, I see you and the guys decided to party without us,” Nicole joked with a smile.

‘That damn bastard is going to break her heart’ I thought.

“Just a few guys, nothing big,” I answered slightly stuttering.
Nicole looked at him funny, “are the guys down stairs?” she asked.
“Living room.”
“Alright.”
‘Crap I need to stop her.’
“Nicole wait a minute,” but she was already rounding the corner.

**From the other room**
(Nics POV)
They were watching a football game. I could hear the TV in the other room playing quietly. That was weird because normally the boys had the volume maxed out. In fact the guys themselves were being quiet. Maybe they went downstairs after all. Just then I heard Tanger speak up.

“What did you do Talbo?”

There was a long pause. I stopped. Maybe I miss heard but it sounded like Tanger was accusing Max. He would never…. no I can’t think that.

“I Cheated.”

“WHAT?”

My brain short circuited but my body moved. I entered the room. He was sitting directly across from the door, from me. If guys jumped I didn’t notice; I was focused on Max. He looked up at me. I saw the color drain from his face. He stood up and took a step toward me.

“Nicole, let me explain.”

I wheeled away from him. I couldn’t look at him; couldn’t let him see me cry. I heard a scuffle but I kelp walking. I walked straight through the kitchen, past Marc and Vero, and out the door. I had ridden with Vero thinking I could just ride back with Max. That wasn’t happening. Gotta get away. I looked around franticly trying to find my escape.

“Nic wait up!” It was Sidney, my captain coming to my rescue. He put an arm around me. It was comforting but I didn’t want to be touched so I shook him off.

“Get in. I’ll take you home,” he says.

I just nod, not trusting my voice at the moment. I hear the door open again.

“Nic please,” It’s Max, “Just give me a chance to explain please.”

(Regular POV)
He reaches out to grab Nicole’s arm. She jerks away as if his touch is searing hot. Nicole glares at him. The rest of the guys and Vero had come outside. Duper and Geno walked up to restrain Max again, they had stopped him in the living room from going after her. Nicole could see a bruise forming under Max’s left eye. Someone had hit him. He reaches for her again but a fist connects with the right side of his face. Nicole had hit him. Max was stunned.

“Don’t touch me, Maxime Talbot! You don’t get to touch me after cheating on me you bastard!”

Sidney grabs Nicole in a hug as tears begin to fall. None of the guys had ever seen her cry before not even Max. Sidney ushers Nicole into the passenger side of the car.
“Don’t push her Max,” Sidney says with a searing look, then gets in the driver’s seat and pulls away.

(Max POV)

‘She hit me. She really hit me’ is all I can think as I watch Sidney pull away from the house. I go to get in my car.
“Don’t go after Max, it will only make it worse right now,” Duper says to me.
“I need too.”
“No. You need to go home and give her time or else you will make it worse for everyone,” Duper again.
“I can’t lose her Duper,” I taste salty wetness. I’m crying in front of my friends and team mates but I don’t care.
Duper sighs, “I’m afraid you already have.”
I drive away.

(The groups POV)

Everyone is at a loss for words as they watch Max drive away.

“Wow. I didn’t see that coming,” James says, breaking the silence.
“Which part? Max cheating or Nicole punching him over it?” Chris asked.
“Both.”
“I think I need to go after her Marc,” Vero says.
“Let Sidney take care of her, love. He is the one she needs right now,” Flower answers as he wraps his arms around her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys, just so everyone understands I do not condone violence, and do not encourage violence. especially in relationships. this little bit is for the story ONLY.

If a person has ever been subjected to any violent actions in a relationship of any kind then they should contact the local authorities. PLEASE DO NOT HIDE! you are only protecting the abuser!

as always please comment and let me know what you guys think.