Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

37. Three Little Words

37. Three Little Words

(Regular POV)

As promises, Sidney and Nicole spent the entire day together at Sid’s house. They had arrived to the airport early that morning; Sidney had fallowed Nicole back to her apartment so she could leave the car and ride back with him. The two were relaxing in the entertainment room, they had a movie on but Nicole was almost asleep and Sidney was deep in thought.

“Sid.”

Nicole’s sleep filled voiced pulled him out of his head as he looked down at her.

“Yes babe?”
“Turn your brain off please. It’s too loud,” Nicole looked up at him with a playful glint in her tired chocolate eyes.
“Sorry. I was just thinking,” came Sidney’s reply as his gaze shifted back out the window.
“Penny for your thought,” Nicole moved so she was now eye level with him for once. He had been distracted all day; physically he was with her but she could tell that mentally he was light years away.

Sidney turned and met his girlfriend’s inquiring eyes once again. He had wanted to ask her for a while but the opportunity hadn’t presented itself; now that he had her alone he was struck by a wave of nerves.

“Well…I want to ask you something,” He began gut trailed off, his nerves getting the best of him.
“Ask me what?” Nicole prompted, giving his had a reassuring squeeze.

“Moveinwithme,” what was supposed to be a question came out in a rush as Sidney turned tomato red.

“What?” Nicole asked; she wasn’t sure she had heard him right.

“Will you….move in….with me?” Sidney said again, this time slower; his hand automatically reached for the back of his neck as he ran his hand through the longer locks; he needed a haircut badly.
Nicole moved back from her Captain slightly; she was unsure of what to say. Nicole knew this question wasn’t a spur of the moment one; Sidney had to have been think about this for a while.

Sidney could see the uncertainty on her face and he reached for her. His hand gently cupped her face as her dark brown eyes met his softer caramel colored ones.

“It doesn’t have to be now or next week,” Sidney started, “I love you and I want you to be here with me. This house, it’s too big for one person and you can help make it into a home.”

Nicole froze. A million thoughts had been racing threw her mind but everything came to a screeching halt as those three little words left Sidney’s lips. He had never said them before and here he was, putting them out there like this was an everyday thing for him.

Sidney felt it the moment those words left his mouth. He hadn’t expected to say them right then; it just kind of happened. He waited on Nicole to say something; to acknowledge what he had said. Sidney searched her face, trying to find some trace of what she was thinking. He began to doubt himself; maybe he had pushed her too far with his sudden outburst. He saw something flicker across Nicole’s features. Figuring he had nothing else to lose he decided to take action.

Sidney grabbed Nicole, crashing his lips onto hers. He pulled her flush against him. His hands tangled in her long, dark locks that he released from the messy pony she had thrown it up in. He could feel that she was still tense so he ran one hand down the back of her neck; something he had learned would help calm her in any instance.

Nicole’s body finally reacted as she melted into him. She kissed back just as feverishly; her hands flew into his hair as she gently scratched through the mess of curls. Sidney’s body went into overdrive; there wasn’t a better feeling than what Nicole was doing to him. Every nerve was on fire as the two tangled into one another.

The intensity slowed to a low burn. Nicole could feel Sidney’s need as much as her own as they pulled apart; Sidney was leaning over her; she hadn’t realized they had moved from sitting to now laying on the large couch.

Nicole stared up into Sidney’s eyes, now darkened with lust and longing. She knew that he was waiting for her to reciprocate the words but she was afraid. She was afraid of being hurt again; of putting herself out there, only to crash and burn when this handsome man found someone else, someone better, funnier, more beautiful than herself. She had to decide if the possibility of heartbreak and pain would be worth it.

“I love you, Sidney.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! I apologize for the shortness of this chapter but it was one i felt needed to be put up. I will try and update again soon with a longer chapter.

I hope you all enjoy it all the same! As always all comments and suggestions are welcomed! I love hearing what you guys think and it helps to motivate when i need that kick.