Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

4. First Practice

4. First practice 

The first practice is usually the worst for me; Being a woman in a mans world things can get weird really fast. I've been playing in a guys league for so long that I had a system down to a science. I wound show up to the rink early with my under armor on under my outer clothes. Okay, not to scientific but it gets the job done with out me having to get naked with the boys. 

Of course the guys didn't know this, and thanks to my alarm failure I was late, again. By the time I arrived I could clearly see all the players had made it. I ran to the locker room and came to a sudden stop when I reached the door. I lifted my hand to knock when it suddenly flew open and Pascal and Geno came out. "

"Excuse us Miss" Pascal says holding the door for me.
"Your good!" I exclaim while trying to catch my breath.
"Where you go so fast?" Geno asks me.
"To change," I state.

They both give me a funny look because no one ever thinks about a place for me to get ready. I want to be a part of the team and the locker room is where the guys have a chance to chill out before practice or a game. 

Pascal turns and looks back in the room then looks at me," your all clear except for Max and Jordan. If I were you I would wait to change after those two leave."
I smile at him and say," thanks but I already have my under gear on, I just need my pads and skates."
"Beauty and brain, I love," Geno says with a laugh.
"I've done this a time or two," I say giving him a wink as I enter the room. 

The guys were laughing and chirping each other when the door closes behind me. Silence falls over the room as I make my way to my locker. As I turn I see the team, in various stages of undress, looking at me with shock and surprise written across their faces. Pascal and Geno, who had followed me back into the room, were trying not to laugh. I smirk, turn back around, grab my pads and start putting them on. 

As I sit to lace up my skates, I hear Max and Jordan walk back in from the showers. Jordan was mid sentence when they spot me.

"Well well, look who was late," he says with a huge grin.

He walks right over to his locker which is to the right of mine and stands over me. I can't help but drink in the view; miles and miles of toned chest and abs leading down to the towel that was clearly too small.

"Enjoying the view?" Jordan asks with a cheeky grin.

I roll my eyes and continue tying my laces as he drops his towel on the floor next to me.

I advert my eyes to the left only to look directly at Max.

He smiles at me as he finishes his laces and says," don't worry about that idiot. He's full of himself."
"Typical jock," I answer automatically.
"No, just Gronk," Sidney says a couple of stalls down.

Pauly walks up behind Jordan and before I process what he's about to do, he pops Jordan on the bum with a wet towel.

"OWE! Damn it Pauly!" Jordan yells.
"Put your clothes on Gronk. Your going to scar the poor girl," Paul says.

The rest of us burst out laughing as Jordan grabs his towel to pop Pauly back. Just a he rolls it up Coach walks in and catches him mid swing.

"Ice time guys," he says then spotting me adds, "and girl."
"Don't worry about it Coach," I say and head out to the ice.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

'TWEET'

"alright guys on the line!" Dan yells after we stretch.
"Down and back! Stop on the whistle! GO!"

We take off all speeding down the ice. We hit the other end, and sprint back. We do this five times before Dan blows the whistle.

"Defense! Offense! Split up! Opposite ends!"

We split and I head off with the defense. We do board drills for a while when Dan calls us to the neutral zone.

"Pair up! Keep away!" He yells. 

I keep back when a body skates up next to me. I look and see Sidney staring down at me.

"Partner?" Is all he says.
"Let's see what you got Captain," I say with a smirk.

We're up next, after Pascal and Kris go. Kris is successful in taking the puck, and as he skates by us he taps me on the shin pad for encouragement.

"Alright Nic, lets see what your made of," Dan says before sending the puck to the corner. 

We race off, Sidney barely making it before I do. As we reach the boards I slam into his back, making him stumble. I try to swipe the puck but he keeps control and heads around the back of the net. I take off around front and cut him off just as he tries to shoot. He pulls back and swerves right as I try to take him out.
The guys are all yelling, some for me and some for Sidney. I corral Sidney back in the corner and push him from behind but he gets around me again. I stay on him to keep him away from the goal. I fake left and he takes the bait, swerving right. As he does this I take my stick and swipe the puck from him.

The ice erupts as all the guys cheer including the coaches. Sidney skates by me and taps my helmet in congratulations and all the guys line up to do the same. Dan blows the whistle signaling the end of practice. We all head to the locker room. I quickly take off my stuff and grab my bag and head out to the parking lot, still riding my high from practice. 

I hear the doors open behind me and I glance over my shoulder seeing the guys walk out.

"Nic! Wait up!" Jordan yells when he spots me.
"What's the rush?" He ask when they catch up with me.
"I'm starving," is all I say and they look at me grinning.
"Lunch?" Geno offers.
I laugh shaking my head and say, "I'm ridding with Max."

The guys laugh with me as I put my bag in my car. I walk with Max and Jordan to Max's SUV and we head out. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter four!

Please comment what you think