Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

43. Epilogue

42. Epilogue

(Regular POV)

The Penguins went on to win the Prince of Wales Trophy for the Eastern Conference Finals and, after going to game seven with the Blackhawks, the Pens lifted the Stanley Cup that season.
Sidney played harder than anyone thought possible.

At the NHL awards Sidney won the Art Ross Trophy, the Hart Memorial Trophy, and the Ted Lindsay Award.

Nicole was the first woman to have her name engraved on the holy grail of hockey and won the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy and the Calder Memorial Trophy.

Geno took home the Conn Smythe Trophy after leading the series in assist and snagging the GWG in game seven.

After the parades, cleaning out the lockers and award shows were over, the players all went their separate ways for the summer. Most went home to relax before starting summer training.

June was ending and soon the trade deadlines were upon the players. Everyone was waiting anxiously to see who would be traded and who would be staying.

Max had announce the team via group text that he would not be returning the following season much to the surprise of the players. Flower suggested a team party to send the soon to be Ex-Penguin off in style.

Nicole still hadn’t told anyone about her announcement. She decided to wait and see what would happen – she also didn’t want any pity from the players.

Nicole turned her phone off; she had been ignoring most of the guys all summer, including the invitation to Flower’s party. Most had gotten the picture and left her alone but a few – Pascal, Tanger, Paulie, Neal, Geno, Flower– had kept calling and texting regardless of her silence.

Nicole sat at home with her parents, brothers, and their families and waited for the announcement.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The Philadelphia Flyers sign Max Talbot to a five-year contract."

“The Pittsburgh Penguins trade Nicole Green to the Chicago Blackhawks for the eleventh overall pick and the third round seventh pick of the 2009 draft.”
♠ ♠ ♠
the first story is finished and i hope everyone has enjoyed the ride. I will be writing the first chapter of the sequel -Starting Over- today (02/10/15) and will have it posted as soon as i finish.

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to comment for your kind words - they have helped to motivate me when i couldn't write.

Thank you all again - Pensgirl212