Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

Chirp

7. Chirp

As I walk into the locker room the first thing I hear is silence. I'm really confused because I expect the guys to be excited after our win. I go to my locker and see a coal miners helmet sitting in my place. I pick it up, completely confused now, and them I hear clapping. It starts with one person but quickly builds to the whole room as I turn and see the Pens team cheering and looking at me. It clicks and I turn a deep shade of red. Some one yells, "speech!" I can't be sure but it sounded like Jordan. 

"Okay! Okay," I say, "great game tonight boys, we played hard and made the plays we need too. Good job to Marc on that last save and to Sid on his three goals. So, great job," I ramble completely embarrassed. 

"Thanks, Nicoooole!" Pascal says, drawing out my name like he would with Potash. I shake my head as the guys whoop and holler over our victory. 

Coach walks in and gives a few congratulatory remarks, and when he's done they let the media in. Several make a bee line for Sidney but the rest head my way. All the other guys are completely ignored and I can tell that they don't mind. 

I can't stand getting interviewed because I feel so weird with it still, but our PR rep keeps it calm and we're able to clear out soon after.

As I round the corner, I see Alex talking to two tall gentlemen. I approach and they both turn my way. Alex gives me his missing tooth smile that has become just as famous as himself. The other guys just stare.

Alex holds out his hand and I shake it as he says, "Good game, Nicole. You play well."
"Thank you, Alex." I look at the other guy and introduce my self.
He shakes my hand and says," I'm Mike," the dark haired one says.
"Nicholas," the other, blond, says.
"Nice to meet you both," I say and then turn my attention back to Alex ad he says,"did I get you in trouble?"
The two men beside us don't look surprised so they must know what happened already.

"No, I think you just motivated us that much more," I say, hinting at how rough the game had been.

He smiles again and we talk some more when my phone rings. I look at it and let it go to voice mail.

"I got to take this, it was nice meeting you both and seeing you again Alex," I say.
"We'll see you again soon, Nicole, I'm sure," Alex says giving me a surprise hug.

I turn and walk away as I hear one of them call out," good bye, princess."

I look back and see them smirking but I keep walking. I round the corner and hit redial.  
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what y'all think!