Sequel: Flying High
Status: Finished! I hope everyone enjoys this story! Look for the sequel STARTING OVER

You Never Know

Come out

8. Come out

Max picks up on the third ring and I can hear the thump of a base in the back ground.

"Nicole!" He yells," where are you?"
"Um, just leaving the rink, what's up?" I ask him.
"Your coming out, right?" He asks.
"We'll, I hadn't planned..." I don't finish as he cuts me off
"come out, Nic. Pleeeeaaaasssseeee?" He draws out as if begging for me too.
"Give me an hour," I say. "YES! We're at The Cowboy," he says with a laugh.
"Okay, I'll see you soon."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I walk in an hour later and I'm greeted my a very tipsy Max.

"Nic! You came!" He starts giggling, yes giggling in a very unmanly fashion, and I realize that he's actually drunk.
"I told you I was going too," I say as he leads me to the bar.

"Whatever you want, it's on me tonight," he says in a husky voice right in my ear.

It gives me chills as he runs his hand up and down my back. The bartender stops and takes my order and we make our way to the VIP section. 

I see that some of the other guys are already there so I sit at a table with Geno and Kris, with Max staying close. We talk about the game and laugh about Max's big hit on Alex, when he asks if I want another drink. I say yes and he disappears into the crowd to get it. I watch him go, and when I turn around again, Kris and Geno are staring at me.

"What?"
"Max love," Geno states.
"Who? Me?"
"No, Me," Kris says sarcastically,"why else would Alex get under his skin like that, or he ignore every bunny in this place to wait on you."
"He didn't...."
"Yes, from the moment we showed up he ignores them, then calls you to meet here. Face it Nicole, the guys love struck," he finishes off by taking a sip of his draft. 

Just then Max comes back with my drink and throws his arm over my shoulder. 

"I bet you didn't know this, but I'm one hell of a dancer," he breaths in my ear, sending another shiver down my spine.
"Oh really?" I challenge, I know I'm a little tipsy now by my flirting, I was always a light weight. "Dance with me," he makes it sound like a command but his eyes are pleading for me to say yes. 
"Okay," I manage as he slips his hand around my waist and leads my to the floor. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter eight is up! Please let me know what you think