Status: Work In Progress

Believe in This

Grauman's Chinese Theater

Taking a seat in front of the vanity mirror in the bathroom I pulled the towel that was wrapped around my hair off and set about getting to dry the mop on top of my head.

Bending over the counter to plug in my hair dryer, I was a bit taken aback when arms were wrapped around my waist as I sat back down.

Looking at him through the mirror, I noticed the pout that was gracing his features.

“I was just about to ask you if you wanted to join me for a shower.”

“Most regrettably, I’ll have to decline as I’ve just gotten out of it myself. And I think that both of us entering the shower together will result in you being terribly late to the premiere of your film.”

“I am known for being unreasonably late.”

Shaking my head at him in my reflection, I replied, “Not on my watch Ben. So go shower because Karen arranged for the car to pick us up in an hour and a half.”

Pouting and letting me know he wasn’t happy with my advice he trudging to the other end of the bathroom where the shower was muttering under his breath.

It took me nearly thirty minutes to dry my hair and forgoing straightening it, I did a messy fishtail, letting the loose tendrils frame my face. It took me much longer to perfect my makeup, managing a perfect smoky eye and a light pink lip.

Spritzing myself in my favorite Chanel No. 5, I headed back into the bedroom, where Ben was pulling on his blazer, to slip into my dress.

Pulling the straps up I turned my head to Ben, “Can you zip me up?”

The way his hands trailed down my back caused my nerves to stand on end but it was the kisses he trailed up along with my zipper that really made my toes curl. Turning me around to face the mirror Ben’s hands wrapped around my stomach and his head rested on my shoulder as both of us gazed upon our reflection.

“I’m not one for being conceited but I think we look pretty good together.”

“We do. But something tells me that the girls won’t be jumping at the bit to get my autograph or a picture with me.”

“They’re crazy not to love. Now take a picture to further fuel all of the rumors on social media.”

Turning around in his arms, I looked up at him inquisitively wondering what he was referring to.

“What rumors?”

“Apparently, all of your social media following think that you’re just dating me to boost your career. Martin mentioned how some article was claiming that you were only with me to increase your following. I know you don’t read that stuff. So I think we should proceed being ourselves so pictures before we leave.”

Grinning up at my boyfriend, I pressed my lips to his before grabbing my phone off the end of the bed. I took a picture of the upper half of our bodies in the mirror, not wanting to give my outfit away before we arrived at Grumman’s Chinese Theater.

As we sat in the hire car making our way downtown, Ben took my hand and laced it with his on top of his leg.

“So I know that you’re planning on spending Christmas with your aunt and uncle but my mom has been pestering me about meeting you. So I was thinking that since you’ll be in Sussex I could pick you up around the 29th and we could spend a night or two with my mum and dad before New Year’s. If that’s alright with you? I know that it’s all moving very fast and you might not be ready for it but . . . “

Having gotten use to Ben going off on a tangent whenever he was nervous I pressed my lips to his to silence him.

“Even though I’ll likely be a nervous wreck I would love to meet your parents. So you can stop worrying yourself about it.”

The rest of our ride was spent talking about our further plans for the holidays and holding hands since I didn’t want to chance messing up my makeup or wrinkling Ben’s suit with our touching and kissing.

When our car rounded the corner I could hear the screams of the fans and see the lights of cameras flashing. The fans in London had been crazy but the ones in Los Angeles were on an entirely different level.

When Ben held his hand out to help me from the car I could hear fans shouting his name and for a second I was a little stunned at just how many people surrounded us. It was all a blur from that moment on, the posing for photos, the interviews I stood diligently by Benedict’s side for.

When it came time for him to pose with the cast Amanda and I relegated ourselves to the side just as we had days before at home.

“You know I thought the European fans were insane but these put them to shame.”

Amanda snorted in agreement, “You’re telling me. I’ve never met so many people willing to sleep with Martin before.”

“Excuse me.”

I had barely heard the voice but my hearing just managed to pick it up coming from behind me at the nearest barricade. I turned around, finding two girls standing there by themselves, away from the crowd, holding autograph books in their hands.

“Could we have your autograph? We’ve been fans of yours ever since you were on Doctor Who.”

I was a little stunned at first, I hadn’t expected someone to be concerned with me tonight, figuring all eyes would be on Ben and the other stars of the film.

“Absolutely, sorry it took me a second. I wasn’t expecting many people to know me other than ‘that girl dating Benedict.’”

One of the girls smiled like she had just won the lottery, as I put my signature in each of the girls’ books.

“Oh no, I mean we absolutely love the two of you together. We’ve never seen such an adorable couple.”

“Oh, it’s so nice to find someone who actually likes us together. Mostly, I’ve just heard the negative backlash.”

“Well those people are just jealous bitches. If they can’t respect Ben’s private life and want to hate anyone he enters into a relationship with then in my opinion they’re not true fans.”

“Aww, that’s the nicest thing anyone’s every said to me!”

I couldn’t help but want to hug the two girls, it finally making me feel nice to hear something positive about mine and Ben’s relationship coming from someone other than our friends and family.

Amanda and I stood there conversing with the two girls until Martin and Ben approached us and I could almost feel the two behind us tense up as they came into view.

“Darling, be a dear and give these two your autograph. They’re just too sweet!”

Ben and Martin conversed with the two for a few seconds and relinquished their signatures before Ben took my hand in his.

“It was nice meeting you two and I hope you enjoy the film when it finally comes out.” Ben spoke.

“Thank you. Both of you, this is definitely an unforgettable night.”

Amanda and I bid the two goodbye and headed inside with our men. Walking inside with a smile on my face I felt significantly better knowing that I had made someone’s night who had also made mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all of the comments! Keep them coming!