Status: Work In Progress

Believe in This

Partition

Things are Heating Up

Things seem to be heating up between Sherlock actors Benedict Cumberbatch and new girlfriend Charlotte Hughes. Over the Christmas holidays the couple were seen hitting up the local pub with Benedict’s parents, Wanda and Timothy Carlton.

The duo seemed completely enamored with one another as they walked through the snowy streets trailing behind Benedict’s parents. The actor, who’s been nominated for an Oscar for his role as Alan Turing in this year’s The Imitation Game, kept a tight grip on his lady love as they traversed the icy roads of his parents home town.

The move may seem quite fast for the couple that only made their first public appearance at the premiere of The Hobbit Battle of Five Armies in December. Could Cumberbatch and Hughes be headed down the aisle and add their names to the list of Hollywood couples who have married after dating for just a few months?

Time will only tell but readers can only guest as it didn’t take long for Cumberbatch to introduce his new love interest to the most important people in his life.

+ + + + + +

I shook my head at the Daily Mail article and threw it in the trash. Tonight was the first night of mine and Melanie’s show at The Box and as night approached my nerves got worse and worse. Ben would be attending, though I had made him promise me not to reveal where he was sitting as I didn’t want my nerves to become even more frazzled.

Melanie was going to pick me up in an hour so we could head to the venue and get ready. I had seen Ben only three times since the day after New Year’s Eve. He had been busy attending awards shows and shooting scenes for Sherlock with Martin while I had immersed myself in rehearsal and auditions for backup dancers for the show.

We texted and talked on the phone every day but nothing could beat the feeling I got when wrapped in his arms or just being in his presence. I had practically dragged him out to dinner to celebrate his Oscar nomination but that had been the last time we had seen each other.

Six hours later I was slipping out of the risqué outfit I had donned for most of the night into a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt knowing it was quite brisk outside. Putting my hair up into a bun, I grabbed my bag before walking out of the dressing rooms and making my way to the main part of the club that was empty save for two cleaning men and a lone figure sitting in a back booth.

Dropping my bag on the floor, I crawled into the booth placing my legs on either side of Ben’s body and sitting myself in his lap. His hands immediately attached themselves to my waist and our lips connected seconds later.

“You, my darling, were absolutely spectacular. It’s a good thing I was placed here otherwise I believe I would have been arrested for public indecency.”

Smirking at him I raised my eyebrow, “So I gather that’s not a gun in your pocket.”

“No, I’m just happy to see you.” He replied placing his lips on mine again.

Pulling away, Ben brushed a stray hair out of my face and placed a quick kiss on my lips.

“What do you say we get out of here? I placed an order for Italian and my bed misses you.”

“Oh so it’s just the bed that misses me? No one else?”

“Well the owner might miss you more.”

I smiled at Ben and slipped off his lap, watching as he picked up my bag and laced his hands with mine before leading me out of the building. The paparazzi were still stationed outside even though it was nearing midnight but thankfully Ben wasn’t parked far away.

Opening the door for me, I pulled down the sun visor to ward off the flashes of cameras as Ben walked around and slipped in. Twenty minutes later after picking up our food we entered Ben’s flat and leaving him to decide on a movie headed straight to the shower.

After towel drying my hair, I slipped on the clean pair of underwear in my bag and one of Ben’s shirts before finding him in the living room. He opened his arms for me to settle myself into, which I immediately did, burrowing my face down into his chest and inhaling the scent that was distinctly Benedict.

We devoured our food and had been watching Dirty Dancing play across the screen of the television when Benedict suddenly paused the movie and looked down at me.

“So your show is only Thursday through Saturday nights right?” he asked.

I nodded my head wondering exactly where he was taking this and waiting for him to continue.

“And it ends on Valentine’s Day.” He stated.

“Yes, apparently couples really dig watching half naked girls dance together because it’s already sold out.”

“Well Karon received the invitation this morning for the BAFTAs and the Oscars and I can’t think of a more lovely woman to show off on those nights.”

“You want to take me to the BAFTAs and the Oscars?”

“Of course I do, I’ll be the envy of every man there.”

“And I’ll be the envy of every woman in the world.” I muttered under my breath.

“I heard that.” Benedict spoke, lifting my chin up so I was actually looking at him instead of playing with a loose thread on his shirt. “So is that a yes?”

“I suppose I could be bothered to accompany you.” I playfully huffed.

“Oh, so I’m a bother now?” Benedict grinned.

“Well . . . .” I trailed off being cut short when Benedict tackled back down into the sofa, his hands dancing up my sides.

“Okay, okay, you’re not a bother! I surrender!” I shouted, out of breath from laughter.

“Hmm, now that I’ve got you under me what shall I do with you?” he asked himself.

“Well I can think of quite a flew pleasurable things I wouldn’t be adverse to.”

“I’m sure you wouldn’t.”

Without a moment’s notice I was slung over his shoulder, Dirty Dancing completely forgotten about on the television as he toted me down the hallway to his bedroom where pleasurable things most certainly awaited.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter isn't very good and there's probably spelling/grammar mistakes but taking three English courses hasn't been as easy as I expected. I'm considering still trying to update this story in my spare time but also starting a one-shot series that will follow Benedict and Charlotte throughout their lives. Is anyone interested?