Status: Work In Progress

Believe in This

Having a Good Time

The run of our show at The Box was coming to an end tonight and we had just been told by the managers that the show was sold out yet people were constantly still calling in hopes of getting tickets. I had been texting Benedict on and off most of the night as well as Maggie who was letting me know of a few scripts I had received from producers.

Just as I was in the middle of applying false eyelashes, Grace made herself right at home on the vanity mirror blocking my view and snatching my phone out of my hand.

“Is lover boy coming tonight?”

“No, he’s doing pickups for Sherlock. I reserved him a table but he let me know earlier that it looked like they wouldn’t be finishing until after the show. Tom’s supposed to be coming so I’ll probably just let him and his mates have the table.”

It sort of sucked that I wouldn’t be able to see Ben tonight, giving that it was Valentine’s Day and everything but I knew that we both had busy schedules so no one was to blame.

“Tom as in Tom Hiddleston?”

Smiling up at Grace I nodded my head, “If you’d get out of my way and let me finish getting ready I may introduce you after the show.”

Smiling while rolling her eyes at the same time, a feat I’ve still yet to manage, Grace jumped off the counter and handed me my phone.

“Well excuse me, Ms. I start dating the man of the moment and suddenly am all chummy with every famous person. I’ll just go back to my little area and not bother you with my commonness.”

Shaking my head at her antics, I quickly finished up my makeup before slipping into my opening outfit. Everyone’s costumes were part of the same theme though I pretty much let each girl choose
whatever she liked as long as it fit within the color scheme Grace and I had chosen.

Our last show went on without a hitch and not to toot my own horn or anything but out of the entire run I have to say it was the best. As I was taking off the coating of makeup it felt like I had on my face I received a text from Tom letting me know he was hanging around to talk to me after everyone left.

Slipping into something comfortable I told Grace to meet me out in the club once she was done. Grabbing my bag I found Tom sitting in the empty booth him and his friends had occupied during the show. Standing up to give me a hug as I approached, I was glad there were no cameras around as I could only imagine the headlines.

“You were absolutely phenomenal darling. It’s a shame Benedict couldn’t be here.”

“Oh thank you, I’m glad it went so well. He’s still filming but he’s seen it three times already.”

“Well I wish tonight wasn’t my first night. My mates absolutely loved it. I do believe James has a bit of a crush on your friend Grace.”

“Oh does he? Well you’ll have to give her his number because all I hear about from her is how she’s going to be single forever.”

“I’ll have to do so. Would you like to go out for dinner? James and the boys are waiting outside so I was going to see if you and Grace would like to accompany us. After all, a beautiful girl shouldn’t be left alone on Valentine’s Day.”

“I’ll speak for the both of us and say that we’d love to. Let me just go speed her dressing process along.”

Ten minutes later, after Grace rushed along after I told her where we were going, we were ready to head out.

“I’m afraid I brought the Jag so there’s only room for one more with me.”

I was going to volunteer to ride in the cab with Tom’s friends until Grace spoke before I could. I guess it was better she did anyways since she had a potential love interest in James. Tom and his friends had parked in the back so we didn’t have to worry about paparazzi as we got in the cars and got on the road.

“So I heard Mr. Cumberbatch is taking you to the Oscars.”

“Please don’t remind me. First it was The Hobbit, then the BAFTA’s on Sunday, and now the Oscars. I’ll be in the hospital by April. I thought the panic attack I had before There and Back Again was bad until I was getting ready for the BAFTA’s. I can’t imagine what March will be like.”

“Well Benedict has and will be the envy of every man there what with the most beautiful girl on his arm.”

“Tom you really shouldn’t say such things. They go straight to my head.”

The pub the guys decided on for dinner wasn’t incredibly crowded, probably because it was Valentine’s Day, and we were seated at a large booth towards the end of the building. I’m afraid however, that Grace and I made a bit of a mistake in agreeing to go out with three fully grown men with a penchant for drinking games. Well it was more like two grown men since Tom was content sipping on a pint as he had to drive himself home.

“Okay, never have I ever drunk texted someone and regretted it the next morning.” I proudly proclaimed.

Grace, James, and Daniel immediately took their shots groaning as they did so. The game continued on for the next hour and needless to say the four of us were a tad inebriated by the time the pub was starting to close.

While I knew I would regret the drinking in the morning I didn’t regret going out because I could feel something developing between Grace and James as he escorted her to the door.

“Now I am entrusting you with the safety and well-being of my best friend Mr. Reynolds. And I don’t know where you live but if she turns up missing in the morning I will be finding out from Mr. Hiddleston here.” I let James know, wrapping my arm around Tom’s waist.

James and Grace just laughed before we followed them out the door. I have to say, it was a good thing Tom’s arm was wrapped around my waist because I was having just the slightest bit of difficulty keeping my legs going in a straight line.

We stood at the curb for a few minutes while waiting for a cab laughing at each other and trying not to fall on the ground, well all of us except Tom. When Tom pulled up in front of my flat it was nearing three in the morning and the alcohol and dancing were finally hitting me full force.

Taking the keys from my hand and unlocking the door, Tom helped me inside and to the couch.

“Darling, wouldn’t you be more comfortable upstairs?”

“Bed . . . too far. I’m fine.” I mumbled, burying my head in the pillow.

I barely registered Tom moving into the kitchen and filling a glass with water and setting it down on the table in front of me along with two tablets of paracetamol.

“Are you going to be alright here by yourself Charlotte?”

“I’ll be fine. I just want to go to sleep.”

“Ok, well call me or Ben if you need anything.”

Lifting my head off the pillow I managed to smile at Tom sleepily, “Thanks Tommy. Tommy . . . that’s what I’m going to call you from now on.”

Letting out a laugh Tom shook his head and covered me with the blanket on the back of the couch.

“Goodnight Charlotte.”

I mumbled a response smiling at how good of a time I had had but I’m sure if I had known what was going to happen in a few hours I wouldn’t be smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I have no good excuse for why this has taken FOREVER. I ran out of pre-written chapters and between graduation and trying to find a job I've been stressed out for the past two months. But here it is! It's probably not very good but I'm doing my best. I'm a little confused on where I want the story to go so if you have any suggestions feel free to share.