Status: Work In Progress

Believe in This

Understanding

I wasn’t due on set until later in the evening though Benedict was due in the morning meaning I was all alone. Deciding to do something productive, I slipped into a pair of running pants and a sport’s bra with a jacket over it before heading out of the flat. Getting in a few stretches I set out on a run through Bute Park, not even keeping track of where I was going just letting all of my frustrations flow out of me as my feet pounded the pavement.

It surprised me to find out that two hours had passed when I returned to the flat though I had stopped and just admired the view of the park for a few minutes in between runs. Stepping off the elevator I could see a vase of my favorite roses sitting in front of the door to the flat. Taking care of unlocking the door first, I picked up the arrangement and carried it into the flat where I placed them carefully on the desk gracing the corner of my room.

Picking the card from within, I read it silently to myself, ‘Please find it in your heart to forgive my most disagreeable temperament last night. Allow me to treat you to dinner tomorrow evening. – Benedict’

I ran the words over in my head, it not hard for me to find it in me to forgive him. I debated on how to answer his request and after fifteen minutes of pacing the room decided I would just speak with him when I arrived on set later. I finally headed to set around three, rushing into hair and makeup and being placed into one of the cutest dresses I had ever seen and a pair of black flats. Stepping into the living room of 221B I found Martin and Benedict seated across from each other, reviewing their lines one last time before the camera began rolling.

Locking eyes with Benedict, I could tell his was wondering whether I had received the flowers and nodded my head in affirmation before reviewing my own script. Filming began within minutes, the filming of the first scene in which Amelia is asked to accompany Sherlock and John on a case.
Two takes was all we needed before set up began on the crime scene, a scene involving just Ben and myself. Turning to leave, Benedict’s hand grasped my own, pulling me out of the doorway and towards him.

“So you received the flowers?”

“Yes, they were perhaps more beautiful than the last though perhaps with a shorter message.”

Smiling sheepishly, Benedict scuffed his feet on the carpet, the only sound in the room, focusing heavily on their movement instead of my own.
When the silence became too much he finally spoke, “I know I can’t begin to apologize for last night. I honestly don’t know what came over me. Perhaps it’s the stress of never seeming to have a break and not getting enough sleep but regardless of what it was my behavior was inexcusable.”
Knowing exactly what he needed I wrapped my arms around him, pulling our bodies even closer together in an intimate hug in the hopes that it would relieve some of the stress I could feel he was under.

“Just try not to let it happen again. Stress will do that to you, you know and I couldn’t stand for things to be awkward between us.”

Furrowing my eyebrows together I pulled back from him just enough to point a finger in his face. “Hasn’t anyone ever told you that stress isn’t good for you?”

“That’s it, when we get back to the flat tonight you’re going to relax and take the longest bath of your life while I go pick up a few things from the shop. Then we’re going to watch trashy movies all night and eat the unhealthiest meal I can cook. And since we have the weekend off, you can sleep for as long as you want in the morning.”

“I couldn’t possibly let you do that Charlotte. If anyone should be making dinner it’s me. It’s the least I could do after last night’s catastrophe.” He protested.

“I will not even listen to your excuses. That is what I said we’re going to do and so that will be what we do. If I so much as see that forehead crinkle with signs of stress I will be forced to punish you. Just think of your submission as a form of apology.”

Patting Ben on the shoulder, I skipped off of the set ready for filming to be completed so we could start our night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all of the comments and recommendations. I know this chapter was short but there will be some serious developments in the next one!