Shōrai Saki

Prologue

Kuran Shin was born to a loving family on the outskirts of the city which usually held the men and women of high paying careers. These individuals usually worked for the aristocrats. Kuran's father was a darling man, though usually flimsy with when it came to his work on the farm. Kuran just lived with his father. His mother died when he was very young from an illness she caught while working as a maid. He remembered very little of her. When Kuran turned ten, he grew to love inventing. He was always in the barn creating something that was usually a failed attempt, yet he still urged on in hopes to make his father's job easier since he was hardly around to work on farm alongside him. His father used the extra money he made to send Kuran through school. When Kuran turned sixteen, his father died in a dreadful fire while he was at school. The heat caught the barn on fire and the entire farm went up in flames. There was nothing left but ash. After the terrible incident that crushed Kuran, he decided to leave school since the funding had stopped, and move to go to the city to find work. He got a job sweeping floors and cleaning toilets for a newspaper company. One evening while cleaning, he overheard his bosses talking about the queen, Lady Xio. She was looking for someone to help make her guards' armor stronger in case an invasion from their neighbor kingdom.

He went to the kingdom months later after requesting a visit to see the queen. Since she never left the castle, she was never seen by the public eye. No one knew what she looked like except the aristocrats, guards, and servants. He was shocked to see how beautiful she was. He bowed down to her and then went on to show her his inventions. Seeing a few were a success, she gave him the task to suit up her men. He worked sleepless nights and dreadful days until the armor was complete. Everything turned out a success. She then hired him to be her personal inventor. He was truly thrilled at this news. He kept on inventing for her until he was soon replaced by a better inventor that created robots to clean the castle for her. Kuran tried to compete by making a better robot. He ended up destroying half of the castle. Furious, the queen threatened to decapitate him. Right before the day of his death, he escaped the inescapable prison and fled the kingdom. He finally made his way to the lowest place outside of the kingdom. The Ruins. It was the name of the town that slept outside of the slums. Most people did not even know it existed.

He found a job working for one of the few stores that existed. It sold food and water along with household products. The store was called Branches. It held a decent job since so many people depended on it. It was owned by a man, named Salt, and his daughter, Saki. He worked with the daughter most of the time while the father went out to the city for supplies. The two began to fancy each other until they finally decided to marry. The wedding was small, but everyone in The Ruins came. Salt married the two. His daughter became Kuran Saki.

He moved in with Salt and Saki. The house was in the trees since the land was too steep for a house to exist. After months of living, she realized she could not conceive a child. Kuran wanted to help his wife, so he got back to inventing. Kuran went into his office in the back of the store and got to work. With shock, he realized he created a child. He took the last bit of liquid he used to create the first child to make another out of realization that he may never make children perfect as these. The two were beautiful. The slept inside two tiny capsules in nothing but flesh. They were beautiful. One child, the first child, was a boy. The second was a girl. Salt was to watch them as Kuran went to get his wife. Salt dozed off on desk. His arm his the box set of buttons. One of the buttons was created to destroy the babies if something went wrong. Since the twins were fully developed and their hearts were strong, instead of killing the babies with a lethal injection, it made them stronger. In fact, metal shot through them and their bones became nearly indestructible. They were now robots. Kuran was furious about this news, but he soon realized along with becoming stronger, they had powers as well. The were called the Ro-Twins, short for Robotic Twins. The boy was named Ostin and the girl was named Rina.

When the twins became twelve, an IPE Infection broke inside people's bloodstream. It made them feel possessed and caused evil to break loose. Murders became normal. Bloodshed went wild. The new queen, Lady Emiko. tried to trap these people in order to keep the city safe, but they escaped and disappeared. The killers turned into a cult. Now, they're out to destroy the world. No average human can be the hero. It takes someone with special abilities. The Ro-Twins knew what they had to do. Since then, they've been training and controlling their powers so they can attack the Shadow King, the one in charge of these killers. The killers call themselves Shadow Knights. They dress up in all black fabric. They cannot show skin. If they show skin or if their faces are revealed, they must commit suicide. They're covered in layer of blackness and are said to be impossible to kill. I don't believe that. They can be killed... Oh- I never introduced myself. Here I have been telling this story without even telling you about myself. My name Rina. I'm a Ro-Twin.