Safe Haven

Chapter 6

It had been 3 months since the dinner party, and Avery and Cristiano were going stronger than ever. Sure he still had to pretend that he was dating Irina, but Avery didn’t mind that at all. In fact, she had grown really close to both Irina and Ashley. They were both amazing people and Avery was so thankful that she got to know them. She and Ashley had become instant best friends; bonding over the fact that they were dating people that the world couldn’t know about. They did pretty much everything together. Like shopping trips. It was on a certain shopping trip that Avery decided that she needed a new look. It was time to get rid of the old Avery; the one that was haunted by her ex boyfriend. She was with a great guy, one that she was really starting to fall for. It was time to put the past behind her and let go of her demons.

"You really want to chop off your hair and dye it?" Ashley asked as she and Avery walked in to the salon. "Yep. It’s time for a new me. And that means a new cut and color." Ashley looked at her unsure, "But your hair is so beautiful! Do you know how much women shell out to get a hair color like yours?" Avery laughed, "I know, but I need to do this." Ashley still wasn’t sure about this, but if Avery felt like she needed to do this in order to help herself heal from what her douche of an ex did to her, then who was Ashley to stop her? An hour later, they walked out of the salon. Avery had cut her butt length blonde hair to just above her collar bone and had dyed it honey blonde. When she had looked in the mirror, the biggest smile formed on her face. She felt like a new person; one that didn’t have the demons she had. For once in the longest time, she finally felt happy. She finally felt free.

"So what do you think Cristiano is going to think?" Ashley asked her as they drove towards Cristiano’s home, after they had dropped Avery’s shopping bags off at her apartment. "I don’t know. But I hope he likes it." Cristiano was currently at a game, one that Irina was also attending. Avery had promised him that she would meet him at his house once she was done with her shopping trip. They were going to have a date afterwards, so Charlie was staying with Maria. When Ashley and Avery pulled up to Cristiano’s home, she saw that his car was already in the driveway. "Well, time for the moment of truth." Ashley joked. Taking a deep breath, Avery climbed out of the car and followed Ashley in to the house.

To say Cristiano was shocked at the her new look was an understatement. His mouth actually fell open. If it wasn’t for what Avery saw in his eyes, she would have thought he hated it. Instead, the lust blown eyes stated otherwise. Ashley must have noticed the look too because she whispered something to Irina and grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the kitchen. On their way out, Irina stopped by and whispered to Avery, “I love the new look! You look hot!” Avery blushed as Ashley pulled Irina out of the kitchen and then out of the house. Once they were gone, Cristiano snapped out of his shock. “She’s right. You do look quente.” Avery couldn’t look at him as she started to self consciously play with her short hair, “You really do like it?” Cristiano shook his head as he made his way over to Avery and pulled her in to his arms and against his chest. Before he kissed her, he whispered, “No. I love it.” Avery moaned in to the kiss, and was disappointed when it came to a quick end. “So why the new look?” Cristiano wondered as he touched a strand of hair. “I just felt like it was time for a change. Time to let go of the past and the old me.” “Well, no matter which you I have in my arms; I’ll still be the luckiest guy in the world.” He completed that statement with a sweet, loving kiss.

Later that night, after Avery and Cristiano had eaten dinner, they went in to the living room with a bottle of wine so they could watch a movie. Avery didn't know if it was the wine or the new look and attitude, but halfway through the movie, she found herself straddling Cristiano's lap with her shirt on the floor. "Fuck I want you so bad." Cristiano moaned against her neck where he was currently trying to give her the biggest hickey known to man. "I want you too." That was all Cristiano needed to hear. Grabbing a hold of her hips, he stood up; causing Avery to let out a yell of surprise and wrap her legs around his waist as he carried her out of the living room and up the stairs to his bedroom.

When they made it to his bedroom, he carried her over to his bed and laid her down while never letting go of her and laid down on top of her. They continued what they were doing back in the living room as Cristiano resumed his assault on her neck. When he was satisfied with the mark he had left, he moved down to her chest. Placing a kiss on top of each covered breast, he moved down to her stomach. Placing little kisses on her toned tummy, he made his way to the top of her jean shorts. He made quick work of the button and zipper. Giving them a tug, he pulled them off of her hips, revealing to him the sexy little underwear that she was wearing. Groaning to himself, he got off the bed and shed himself of his shirt and pants. When he was down to just his boxer briefs, he climbed back on the bed. As he rested on his knees in between Avery's parted legs, he could see the red tint covering her skin and see her fast shallow breathing; a clear tell tale sign that she was just as aroused as he was. Leaning down, he kissed her passionately while his hands went behind her back to unhook her bra. Removing the item from her body, he tossed it to the floor. Moving away from her lips, he moved his way down to her chest and breathed on her right nipple. He smirked to himself as he felt Avery shudder. Leaning down, he took the nipple in to his mouth and sucked on it, causing it to harden under his tongue. Nipping it, he pulled away and moved to the left breast to repeat his earlier actions. When he was done with her breasts, he started to make his way down her stomach. He had just reached the top of her panties and was about to pull them off when Avery cried out, "Stop!" Cristiano moved away as if she had just burned him. Looking up, he saw that she had tears in her eyes. Moving off of her, he climbed up next to her and gathered her in his arms while she cried.

When Avery had finally calmed down, Cristiano wiped the tears from her eyes, "What's wrong? Did I do something?" Aver shook her head as she refused to look at him, "No. You didn't do anything wrong." "Then why did you want to stop? I thought you wanted this? And why did you start crying?" "I did want this. It's just." "Just what? You can tell me." Avery took a deep sigh, "When you were getting ready to remove my underwear, I got flashbacks of Toby. All I could picture were his hands on me and I lost it. I guess I'm not as ready as I thought I was. I'm so sorry." Cristiano shook his head, "No. Don't be sorry. I should have known better. It hasn't been that long since you were with Toby. I should be the one to say sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you." "You didn't push me. I wanted this. I still do. I guess I just need a bit more time." Cristiano smiled at her as he pulled her in to a sweet kiss. "Take all the time you need. I can wait because I know that when it does happen, it'll be amazing." Avery shook her head in disbelief, "How are you real? How did I get so lucky to meet you?" "I'm the lucky one. You're perfect Avery. And I'll tell you that everyday if I have to. I will never hurt you and I won't let anyone else hurt you either. You're safe with me. I promise."

As they laid down in the bed and Cristiano turned off the lights, Avery laid her head on his chest and just listened to his heartbeat. He really was an angel. Her guardian angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update. I had a bit of writers block, but I'm back now!