Green Eternity: With You

Rain.

Jeph’s POV

At two the rain set in for good, Bert and Dan were mucking around with lunch and Quinn was upstairs with Freya.
I sat in front of the door, waiting for Akearin, hoping he had found Scarlett.
Just as the thought had passed through my mind the front door slammed open and a very wet Akearin stood in the doorway holding in his arms,
“Scarlett!”
Everyone whipped around and ran to Scarlett, Akearin placed her down on the couch.
She was shivering, drenched to the bone, her eyes not opening.
“What happened?” Bert said stepping forward with a blanket.
“I found her on the roof of her burning house, she fell into the pool” Akearin whispered a few words under his breath and walked out.
Bert and Dan pulled faces after Akearin and turned to me.
“She’s your problem, deal with it dude”
I was frozen to the spot, after a whole days anticipation she was there, but she wasn’t well.
Deciding what to do I picked her up off the couch and carried her upstairs.
“C-c-c-c-c-c-cold” her eyes fluttered open.
I set her down on the top step.
“Can you walk?”
She fell to the floor, shaking her head.
“Cold, Jeph I’m cold”
I picked her back up and took her into the bathroom, stripping her of her clothes.
After I adjusted the water in the shower I picked her up and carried her in, letting the water wash over us both.
“Better” she mumbled.
I turned off the water and wrapped her in a towel, carrying her to my room.
It took ten minutes to dress her in suitable clothes; I was exhausted to say the least.
I placed her feeble body down on the bed and lay down next to her, covering us with the blankets.
Sleep.

Scarlett’s POV

I awoke to the rain pouring down on the tin roof in an unfamiliar bed.
It was warm and cosy, I felt very safe.
Something stirred next to me and I rolled over to find Jeph facing me, a large grin spread across his face.
“Jeph” I snuggled into his chest.
“Scarlett, I’m so glad you’re okay”
“I’m so tired Jeph”
“Go to sleep, I’m here now, nothing will go wrong.
His voice became a muffled sound as I sunk back into my sleep.

“I just need a few minutes okay?”
“Okay, don’t hurt her”
“Jeph, you’re deluded”
Footsteps made their way out of the room, the door closing a few seconds after.
I opened my eyes to find Akearin sitting cross-legged in front of me, worry creasing his face.
I groaned and sat up.
“Ah, Scarlett, you’re awake” Akearin said, replacing his grimace with a smile.
“What do you want? Come to say sorry for pushing me off the roof?”
“Scarlett, you fell, I didn’t push you” Akearin pleaded with me.
“Sure sure” I grinned.
“They’re vampires” he blurted.
“Pardon?”
“The people at the party, they’re vampires” Akearin gulped.
“Oh ha-ha, pull the other one” I threw the pillow at him.
He dodged it and in a second he was inches away from my face.
“Will you just listen to me for once in your life?!” Akearin hissed.
“My life?! You’ve only known me a few weeks!”
“Of course” he looked down at the ground.
“Okay quit the act Akearin, what were you going to say?”
“Don’t you believe in vampires, Scarlett?” his vibrant blue eyes flashed in the dark.
“Never given it much thought before Akearin, unlike you, I’ve been living my life” I threw the covers off the bed and got up, heading for the door.
In a split second Akearin had turned me around and slammed me up against the wall.
“It’s time for you to learn then” a wild grin playing across his face, eyes turning to red.