Green Eternity: With You

one.

I awoke gasping for air, my heart thudding in my chest, my head spinning.
Sweat dripped off my brow as my head imploded – everything came crashing down.
What had just happened?
Maybe I had fallen asleep next to Scarlett, had a bad dream about Akearin being a vampire, funny eh?
I looked beside me, that’s funny, this is a different bed, plus I was on the opposite side to which I was when Scarlett was here.
Then it hit me.
With the realisation, my hearing came back.
Loud thudding music shattered the rafters above my head, the heat stifling my airways.
“Jeph, you’re awake dude” Dan bounced up and down on his bed.
I was relieved; at least that wasn’t a dream.
“Wha – where am I” devastation was setting in.
“You’re in New Mexico dude, we’re on tour remember? Quinn’s outside, Bert’s asleep over there” Dan pointed to the couch where a black mass emitted a grumble.
“See, everything’s the way it was when you fell asleep – don’t look so worried dude”
No, it can’t be, it can’t be.
“Scarlett” I whispered.
“Dude, are you okay? You’ve been saying that name an awful lot during your sleep” Dan got up and sat next to me on my bed.
“Yeah, fan-fucking-tastic”
I didn’t need this; I didn’t want this to be true.
Fuck this, fuck the world, I’m going back to sleep.