Green Eternity: With You

Take the lead.

Quinn’s POV

I sat at the kitchen table staring down into my cup of coffee, trying to sort my feelings into separate boxes. I was happy, very happy. But I was also very confused and afraid.
Right now I plan to stick to happy.
I can’t say I’ve been in a kitchen like this in a very long time; it made me feel safe, very safe.
Maybe it was the countless supply of pots and pans hanging up over the bench, I could reach them in time if some loony came through the door.
Or maybe it was the bowl of fruit on the table; I could squeeze lemon into their eyes?
But I was pretty sure it was the cute little plates sitting in their spots on the table, no one would want to do anything bad in the presence of ducks and other fuzzy animals.
Why was I so scared? Think happy thoughts.
The sunlight filtered in though the curtains covering the windows over the sink. It made long shadows on the chairs and crochet doilies.
In curiosity I looked up to the ceiling, even though she would’ve had to stand on an extremely large ladder, she had managed to clean all the cobwebs off.
My eyes came back down and rested on the doorway.
There stood the most amazing person I had ever seen, Freya.
Okay so I have only known her since last night, but it felt too good to question it.
She stretched so her shirt lifted up a little to reveal the perfect white skin I loved. Then her hands moved up to her eyes rubbing them a little, perfect blue eyes. Then she ruffled her perfect black hair and shuffled over to me.
“Mornin’ chicken”
She messed with my hair and walked over to the fridge.
“Breakfast my new years lover?”
I smiled, this was right – I slept in the same bed as her last night without having sex with her, big milestone, I know.
“Yes, that would be lovely”
I stood up and joined in looking through the fridge.
“Quinn, don’t you think you should go and tell Jeph everything?” she turned around to face me, blue eyes sparkling in the light.
“I know we’re only just grasping this ourselves but he’s still out of the loop, anyway, we have to be out of here in two hours,” she kissed me on the nose and continued looking through the fridge.
“Okay, I guess I could do that seen as I was persuaded so nicely, but not everything, I’ll just tell him the most important things” I turned around, poured warm water into the cup I’d been saving and walked out.
I made my way up the hallway and opened the door to the spare room, relieved to see Jeph in one piece.
“Scarlett” he murmured.
I sat down on the side of the bed he wasn’t occupying.
“No, dude, its Quinn”
His eyes fluttered open, smiling as he saw me.
I held out the cup of Green Tea.
“Where am I?” He frowned and took the cup.
Deciding there was no way to say it other than to say it, I launched into speech.
“You’re at Freya’s dude, after you blacked out in the forest I dragged you a little way before running into Akearin, then we carried you back to where we parked, Akearin said that we shouldn’t go home for a while after what happened last night, so he directed us here” I paused, knowing how hard it is to process information right after you’ve woken up.
“Akearin said that he’ll meet us at the haunted house next week to explain everything, he advises we don’t go home at all and try to attract the least amount of attention possible, no shows, nothing. He also spoke to Freya and Scarlett, they can’t stay in their houses much longer either” I hope I didn’t say Akearin too much; I paused and waited for Jeph to say something.
“What should we do then?” he said sipping the Green Tea.
“I’ve been talking to Bert and Dan, they don’t really believe me, but they decided to come along for the ride, you know how curious they are, well, Bert owns a house a little way out of town, it’s big enough for all of us, and hopefully safe enough. Akearin said all of our stuff will be there when we arrive in a few hours”
Jeph blinked at me a few times, he needs to wake up properly, a shower?
I walked out of the room and grabbed a towel from the linen closet then walked back in.
“Try not to think about it” I threw the towel at him and skipped out.
I skipped all the way to the kitchen, thoughts now on Freya, my Freya.
She was standing there making what resembled pancakes; I hope she wanted to be mine.
We somehow ended up dancing around; no one’s made me laugh so much in a long time.
She stopped and looked up at me,
“Quinn?”
“Yes my dear” I wrapped my arms around her waist.
“I really like you” she put her face extremely close to mine.
I smiled, taking this as a chance.
“Oh really?” I put my face even closer to hers.
“Yup!” she put pancake batter on my nose and ran off giggling.
I too laughed and ran after her, chasing her all the way out into the garden.
We fell onto the soft grass laughing very hard, our happiness interrupted by a yell.
We both froze and looked back towards the house, Jeph?
My stomach dropped as I ran back into the house, trying to get to the bathroom as quickly as I could.
I burst in the door to find Jeph curled up in a ball on the bottom of the shower.
He opened his eyes, he looked extremely frightened.
I reached in and turned off the water, grabbing the towel off the bench and wrapping him with it.
Freya was standing at the door, face scrunched up in worry.
“Is he okay, Quinn?”
“He’ll be fine sweetie, could you make some more tea please?”
She nodded and walked back to the kitchen.
I turned back to Jeph who was looking up at me, it seemed as if he was a child again.
He shook as I pulled him up and helped him out, picking up his clothes from the floor and dressing him. Jeph now fully clothed fell to the floor in hysteric fits of crying.
“I’m so afraid Quinn, I don’t want to loose her” he grabbed my arm, pulling me down with him.
“I don’t want to loose her Quinn” He looked up to me with pleading eyes.
Whoever this Scarlett girl was, he must have felt a connection with her mighty fast. I’ve never seen Jeph this worried about a girl in his life.
“Don’t worry Jeph, you’ll be seeing her soon, everything is okay” I cradled him in my arms.
“Okay Quinn, I trust you” he gulped and fell silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Was it any good?
Special thanks to my dearest Emmy - I love you!

xx