Status: Read me!

The Princess

Chapter Nine

Chapter 9
Aster

As I left the room, I heard everyone buzzing with gossip and Mr. Motz trying, but unsuccessfully, to quiet them down. I grinned. Man, how long does it take for a secretary to go to lunch? Apparently a long time! Now, to find out more about Sarasi.
As I walked toward the office, I thought about the questions Mr. Motz asked Sarasi. “So,” I mused to myself, “she lives with her aunt named Niya, she wouldn’t tell Mr. Motz her last name, Angeli, and that her parents are dead, which is true. I’ll go meet her aunt.” First, I have to find out where she lives and where she came from. Then, a thought struck me. Mr. Motz had to ask her her name again. He forgot her name in less than 10 minutes. But I remember it? Maybe it’s because I make it my business to remember people’s names. But he’s a teacher! He’s supposed to know everyone’s names! I’ll think about this later.
Finally, I was at the office. I walked through the doors and straight into the principal’s office.
“Hi dad.” I said, “I need to look at the records.”
“Over there.” he pointed, without even looking up. He was pointing to some filing cabinets. I walked over there and leafed through the files. There it is! The name read, ‘Sarasi Angeli’. I pulled it out and it read:

‘She lives on Astral Avenue 3264, with her aunt, Niya.
She came to the school of her own accord. She said she
wanted to come to learn. She has fiery hair and icy blue eyes.
Her parents are dead, she said that they died of old age.
She is a quiet girl, never wants to draw attention to herself.’

I snorted. “Except for today.”
“What do you mean?” asked my dad. Oops. I said that out loud?
“Nothing.” I told him.
“Who are you looking at son?” he got up to look and I hurriedly covered up her file.
“It’s not the right one dad. Go away.”
“Whatever.” It’s so annoying when he tries to act like a teenager and fails. He went and sat back down. I scanned the rest of the paper and something caught my eye.

‘Note: Sarasi came to us and asked to go to school. No one
has ever done that before. She also spends her lunch time in the
library. She has no siblings, parents, or relatives. Except her aunt.’

Weird note. Anyway, ‘spends her lunch time in the library’ ? Hmmmmmm........ So that’s why I never see her during lunch. I’m going to see what she does in the library tomorrow. I wrote her address down so I can visit her aunt and ask questions.
“Find anything?” asked my dad.
“No. She’s not the one.” I told him, even though I’m thinking that she is the one. I wanted to keep one investigation to myself. When my dad has a suspicion that one of the girls is the princess, he practically stalks them. I’ll tell him when I’m absolutely sure. I want her to feel like she normally does. Not like she’s being followed. I wonder if it’s only me that can tell when they’re being followed............