Status: Read me!

The Princess

Chapter Two

Chapter 2
Aster

My dad always told me to never tell anyone that he is my dad. So, I rebelled and told my best friend. We moved. Now, I’m in a new school with new friends, new popular friends, but I still have the same principal. My dad is the principal. He’s always able to persuade the new principal to quit and convince everyone that he would be a great principal. I like him being the principal, don’t get me wrong, but..........the only reason that he wants to be principal is so I can ‘spy’ on all of the kids to see if one is the princess. You see, the real person who’s supposed to be ruling has gone missing and my dad thinks it’s his job to find her.
She went missing when her mom was killed. Actually, murdered. She was killed only so someone else could rule in her place. And it wasn’t her daughter. Everyone thinks that she died of a heart attack. That’s what they made them think. They won. She was killed. But they didn’t know she had a daughter until they saw the her room. But she was not in it. She had, upon hearing her mom’s screams, opened the window and ran away. No one knows what she looks like. All we know that when she turns 16, she will somehow show herself. Her dad was killed in a car accident before she was born.
Now, we live under their rule. They call themselves The Equalizers. Some equalizers. They take from the rich until they are homeless, they take from the middle class until they are homeless, they even take from the poor until they are homeless! They keep the money for themselves. They seek out people that are still faithful to the old rule, capture them, and make an example of them. Be that person man, woman, or child. I’ve seen three-year-olds’ bodies swinging from trees. They are also looking for her too. They just don’t know what to look for. Them: 0. Us:1!
Personally, I don’t like them. Before hanging the people, they torture them. Not with what you’re thinking of. They hypnotize them and get the information that way. Then, they wake them up and make them capture the people they unwillingly told on. To me, they are more like separators! They put taxes on everyone, that’s how the take from them. What they told us to get us to make them rulers was, “‘You’ll all be equal!” They were right in one aspect though. All of us are almost homeless, which is why they said, ‘you’ll be equal’! Yep, we’re equal! Almost all of us are homeless! I’m against them, if you ask me! But, I act like I love them. Just like everyone else.
Anyway, I walked into the school and smiled at everyone like I always do. I head to my locker to get my books. She was at her locker. The girl no one knew anything about. Not even me. I didn’t even know her name. I made a mental note to look at her records as I shut my locker. I turned away from my locker and ran smack into her. I heard gasps from everyone around us. She fell, I fell and our books went flying everywhere. The last thing that I thought before my head hit the floor was, ‘Everyone should notice her now.’ Then, darkness.