Come For Me, Set Me Free

Lift Me Up and Take Me Where I Stand

"Ah, hey dude, what about this one?"

John rolled his eyes at Alex who was sitting on the floor in front of his bed, flicking through the latest copy of Nuts that he had just bought and pointing at every girl he found somewhat attractive, asking John what he thought of them.

"She's OK." John would reply every time, not even looking up from the book he was reading to glance at the pictures. Half naked girls weren't really his thing, show him a picture of a half naked Channing Tatum however, and that was a completely different story.

"Ooh, she's really nice." He heard Alex mutter under his breath. He just wanted to slap the magazine out of his hands already so he would stop commenting on every damn girl, it got annoying after a while believe it or not.

Alex's phone buzzed in his pocket and he sighed, reluctantly peeling his eyes away from the magazine to take his phone out and read the message.

"Who is it?" John asked, curiosity getting the better of him even though he knew that Alex would probably tell him anyway.

"That Sarah girl from our French class, asking if I want to go to the cinema with her."

"What are you going to say?"

"I don't know, man," Alex sighed, "I don't really like her."

"Isn't she the one you danced with at the party last week?" John had his eyebrows raised, Alex had been out with her a few times, how could he not like her?

"Yeah, that was the same night she gave me a blowjob so I didn't want to tell her that I didn't like her straight away the next day because even for me that's a dick move."

John ducked his head down at the mention of a girl giving Alex a blowjob. He wasn't experienced when it came to the sex department, even the mention of any sexaul activity had him blushing and spluttering. He dived his head back into his book, trying to play it off like he didn't hear Alex and was too busy reading so he didn't have to answer.

"What happened to you and that guy you were speaking to the other day?" Alex asked, tipping his head back so that he could see John with a genuine look of curiosity on his face.

John hadn't spoken to a guy the other day, he had just given John his phone number and called him cute but John just never saved it, he threw it in the trash in their schools cafeteria as he walked out.
"Oh, uhm, I haven't spoken to him." John replied, turning his head back to the book and hoping that Alex might just drop the conversation.

Not a chance.

"Oh. I thought you might have been out with him once or twice, what was his name? Kyle?"

"Kyle Burns." John corrected the older boy.

"That was it! Really, you haven't spoke to him?"

"No, not one word." John sighed, flicking to the next page of his book.

"Not even a date? A kiss?"

"N-no." John averted his gaze from his book to look at the smirk on Alex's face. That fucking smirk.

"Alright, no need to get so flustered." Alex laughed, abandoning his magazine on the floor so that he could move onto the bed to sit cross-legged next to John who was lying down.

John dog-eared his book, knowing that Alex was going to start a conversation and he wouldn't be able to carry on reading it.

"Soo...What'chu reading?" Alex asked, an innocent tone to his voice.

"I was reading To Kill A Mockingbird, but I have a feeling that I won't be able to read any more with you sitting there." He said, placing the book on his bedside table while Alex sat there with a cheeky grin on his face.

Alex's phone vibrated again, causing him to let out a groan, "Oh, for God's sake."

"What did she say?"

"Still asking me to go out with her, I'll just say I'm busy and break it off with her in school. Not that there's anything to break off."
"Oh. Okay." John said, not knowing what else to say without making the situation quite awkward.

Alex sighed, resting his hands on his knees, "You know, we're best friends, right?" He asked.

John's brows furrowed in confusion as to Alex's question, "Of course we're best friends."

"You never tell me about your love life."

John paused, "I didn't think it was that important."

"Well, it's not really. I just thought it would be nice for you to share things like that with me. It doesn't matter, forget I said anything."

John moved up his bed so that he was sitting upright against his headboard, "No, yeah, I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Alex laughed, moving to sit next to John.

"So, first boyfriend?" Alex asked, John sighed, not really wanting to think about his first and only boyfriend who had dumped him and called him frigid when he wouldn't so much as give him a kiss.

"Caleb, 9th grade."

"Caleb Turman?! And you didn't tell me? Oh my God."

"It lasted about a month." John laughed.

"Okay, okay, first kiss?"

"Uhm..." John trailed off, trying to rack his brain for somebody's name to say, but he came up with
nothing.

"You can't remember your first kiss?" Alex chuckled.

John exhaled, making a quick decision to not lie to his best friend and say 'no, I can't remember,' because that would be pretty shitty, especially right now when Alex wanted to open up with him.

"Uh, I've never kissed anybody." John muttered, playing with his hands in his lap, not wanting to meet Alex's eye.

Alex couldn't contain the laugh that escaped from his throat, "What? You mean you've never even kissed anybody?"

"Nobody at all."

"Oh my God, dude, why not?"

"Because I don't know how to! I'd just make a fool out of myself."

"That's cute." Alex said, still laughing quietly to himself.

They were silent for the next couple of minutes before Alex had a lightbulb moment and turned to John with wide eyes and a look on his face that looked like he had just found a cure for cancer.

"I could teach you!" He said excitedly.

"What?" John sounded shocked and confused, he lifted his gaze to meet Alex's.

"I could teach you how to kiss, so when the time comes you don't look like a dickhead." Alex carried on, getting more excited by the second at what he thought was the best idea ever.

John was surprised, what the hell was Alex talking about? "Uhm, how do you plan on teaching me?"
"Well," Alex started, moving himself so that he was in front of John and not beside him, he tapped at John's legs, a silent signal telling him to cross them to make room for Alex. "Okay, so..." Alex moved himself closer to John so that they were directly across each other.

"I'll tell you what to do, and then you do it to me." Alex said happily.

"So, I actually kiss you?" This whole thing was confusing John and he wasn't sure how to feel.

"Well, yeah, and if you're bad, because I'm your best friend, I'll tell you." Alex stated.

"Oh. Uhm, okay then." John gave in, this could actually be really helpful for him.

"Okay then," Alex said, beginning by resting his forehead on John's, "You need to put your hands where they feel most comfortable," He said, putting his own hands on John's hips, John gulped and nodded, opting for putting his hands around Alex's neck.

He had to uncross his legs and spread them so that Alex could get closer and kneel in front of him to make the position more comfortable for him.

"Now, just press your lips against mine. To start with, anyway."

John sighed nervously, leaning forwards and pushing his lips onto Alex's, leaving them both unmoving for a few seconds.

Alex started to move his lips against John's and squeezed his hips, a way of telling him to do the same. Which he did.

This continued for a couple of minutes until Alex pulled away with a breathy laugh, "You're doing good so far," he said, looking John in the eye and a small smile formed on both of their faces. "Now then," Alex began again, rubbing John's hips with his thumbs, John wasn't sure that Alex knew he was doing it, but it felt nice so he wasn't going to tell him to stop.

"This is the good part," He smirked. "When I run my tongue over your bottom lip, just open your mouth, okay?" Alex asked.

John's eyebrows furrowed but he still nodded.

"Okay." Alex breathed out, pushing their lips back together and waiting for a few seconds before his tongue exited his mouth and he ran his tongue against John's bottom lip, he nearly moaned at the feeling because damn, it had been a while since he had done this with anybody.

He felt John tense before he opened up his mouth for Alex.

Alex pushed his tongue into John's mouth, feeling the other boy tense up again before he relaxed. "Now, you just lick, I guess." Alex chuckled, pulling away from the kiss for about 3 seconds before he dived straight back in, his tongue finding John's hesitant one.

He gently stroked his tongue against John's, trying his best to ease him into it.

After a few seconds, John finally thought 'fuck it', and began to lick back at Alex's tongue, the two of them moaned quietly at the feeling.

Alex could feel John shaking slightly against him, his fingers tangling in Alex's dark locks at the back of his head. Their tongues separated every so often so they could connect their lips properly before they were straight back at it again, licking into each other's mouths.

Alex pulled away after 10 minutes, trying to catch his breath before he began talking. John sat with a nervous look on his face, automatically thinking that Alex pulled away because he was a terrible kisser and he didn't enjoy it.

"How was that?" John asked, biting his lip.

"Quite good, actually." Alex laughed, pulling John straight back in.